Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.30.2015, 08:38 AM   #6901
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
same thing in germany-- dortmund/wolfsburg

kloppo's last day!

starts in 6+ hours

i think i'll have to miss it

Cup final day and you're gonna miss it? I'm sorry, but as a representative of Americans following football on here you're letting your country down, you're letting your team down and worst of all you're letting yourself down.

Come on now.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2015, 08:41 AM   #6902
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Cup final day and you're gonna miss it? I'm sorry, but as a representative of Americans following football on here you're letting your country down, you're letting your team down and worst of all you're letting yourself down.

Come on now.

ha ha ha-- i'm not german!

and business is business-- but you make good points.

i'll see what i can fix in the next few hours...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2015, 01:28 PM   #6903
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
dortmund 1 wolfsburg 1 @ 20ish...

exciting game!

it's on bt sport if you have access
Old 05.31.2015, 05:26 AM   #6904
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
bring back the FA Cup song.

Now that's something that should've been one of Milliband's stone commandments.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 08:39 AM   #6905
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

german cup ended with wolfsburg flipping the tortilla to win 3-1

it was heartbreaking

the dortund fans were burning flares, it looked amazing

poor dortmund-- they barely made it to a "qualifying round" of the europa league-- not the group stage-- meanig a longer season.

well now klopp can go to liverpool or napoli or wherever
Old 05.31.2015, 12:16 PM   #6906
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's ok to live in a dream world every now and then

Not sure it's just a dream. This is too big for Blatter to wriggle out of. There'll be plenty of those who've been arrested that'll talk to avoid jail and the golden name to drop is Blatter's. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up in jail for this, and certainly can't see any way he'll be able to continue as FIFA president for much longer. His getting re-elected hasn't made him stronger but only made his position seem all the more absurd.
Old 05.31.2015, 02:44 PM   #6907
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
german cup ended with wolfsburg flipping the tortilla to win 3-1

it was heartbreaking

the dortund fans were burning flares, it looked amazing

poor dortmund-- they barely made it to a "qualifying round" of the europa league-- not the group stage-- meanig a longer season.

well now klopp can go to liverpool or napoli or wherever

The FA Cup ended just too one-sided to really be interesting. Arsenal were great but Villa didn't really put up much opposition.

Happy with the result, not cos I'm an Arsenal fan but cos I don't like Sherwood. If Villa had won his ego would've defied gravity.

I have a bad habit of liking/disliking teams based on what I think of their manager. That could be a nightmare if Spurs ever got Bielsa, or Klopp.

As for now, I increasingly think Klopp's either having a season out and just seeing how things pan out, or going to Napoli. I think Liverpool are gonna stick with Rodgers for another season, at least.
Old 06.01.2015, 01:24 PM   #6908
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Ronaldo on holiday...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7180/gal...i?ICID=HP_HN_2

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2015, 12:20 PM   #6909
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
He's...gone...he's actually gone...

So what happens now?

Old 06.02.2015, 01:25 PM   #6910
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

So what happens now?

new boss-- same as the old boss?
Old 06.02.2015, 01:48 PM   #6911
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2015, 01:52 PM   #6912
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Wa-hey!!!

The thing I've always thought about FIFA is it's not hard to run. All it really needs to do is decide the location of a World Cup every four years and oversee occasional rule changes. Sepp fucked it up by turning it into a quasi-political force designed primarily to ensure his ongoing reign. Easiest way to nip that in the bud for any future wannabe dictator is to limit the term of presidency and end the policy of 1 country 1 vote.

I just hope whoever succeeds him isn't a 'politician' but a real football person, only interested in the good of the game. It probably won't be but, whoever it is, so long as measures are put in place to limit their power it's a massive step forward.
Old 06.02.2015, 01:54 PM   #6913
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

So what happens now?

nothing other than someone else will be getting all the kickbacks and bribes and hush money and blood money and shit.

FIFA, and football in much of Europe has been fixed for the organized crime families for decades.....
Old 06.02.2015, 02:07 PM   #6914
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The thing I've always thought about FIFA is it's not hard to run. All it really needs to do is decide the location of a World Cup every four years and oversee occasional rule changes.

hell no. they sit on mountains of money. they set up championships all-over. they decide waht is a country and what is not. transfer policies. financial rules. on & on. they are bigger than the UN i reckon.

Quote:
Sepp fucked it up by turning it into a quasi-political force designed primarily to ensure his ongoing reign.

all reigns are that. havelange ruled for a quarter century and he's the one who brought big sponsorship money into this whole thing. he's 99 and still alive btw.

Quote:
Easiest way to nip that in the bud for any future wannabe dictator is to limit the term of presidency and end the policy of 1 country 1 vote.

how would you do it then? rule britannia? i'm not asking this mockingly-- i was reminded in an article the other day of the many recent scandals in european football. who has moral superiority?

Quote:
I just hope whoever succeeds him isn't a 'politician' but a real football person, only interested in the good of the game. It probably won't be but, whoever it is, so long as measures are put in place to limit their power it's a massive step forward.

institutions are designed to weed those people out. it will just be another gerontocrat mafioso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
FIFA, and football in much of Europe has been fixed for the organized crime families for decades.....

Old 06.02.2015, 02:37 PM   #6915
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
hell no. they sit on mountains of money. they set up championships all-over. they decide waht is a country and what is not. transfer policies. financial rules. on & on. they are bigger than the UN i reckon.

They are but they needn't be. Admittedly it involves more than what I said but far less than it got involved with under Blatter.

Quote:
all reigns are that. havelange ruled for a quarter century and he's the one who brought big sponsorship money into this whole thing. he's 99 and still alive btw.

To a degree, but if you limited the term of presidency you'd do a lot to discourage it.

Quote:
how would you do it then? rule britannia? i'm not asking this mockingly-- i was reminded in an article the other day of the many recent scandals in european football. who has moral superiority?

I'm not talking about moral superiority but if the big European countries feel that FIFA's only interested in using them as a cash cow, then they'll be tempted to break away and do their own thing. The reality is FIFA needs European football far more than European football needs FIFA.

Quote:
institutions are designed to weed those people out. it will just be another gerontocrat mafioso.

Tend to agree but, again, limiting the term of presidency will only help.
Old 06.02.2015, 02:51 PM   #6916
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ oh yeah, i totally agree with term limits. sorry i forgot to mention that.

same thing should be with national federations-- where many corrupt leaders use the same system of patronage with small clubs as blatter has used with small countries to retain their grip on power.

as for uefa--yes, they have the greatest financial power, but if they were to dominate fifa then chances are they'd only use it to... ensure their ongoing reign! i really don't know what to suggest here. seems like it's fucked in any direction.
Old 06.02.2015, 02:58 PM   #6917
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- maybe each confederation should get as many votes as they get teams into the world cup, ha ha ha.

no, for serious.
Old 06.02.2015, 03:34 PM   #6918
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I don't necessarily disagree about the votes-per-World Cup qualifiers idea, or something along those lines, anyway.

I don't pretend to have the answers to all this. Any institution that governs something as huge financially as football will invite corruption, so It'd be naive to think it can ever be gotten rid of entirely. I do think, though, that a few common sense changes at the level of infrastructure would help prevent it from thriving in the way that it did under Blatter.
Old 06.02.2015, 03:36 PM   #6919
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

And in other news Benitez is the new Real Madrid boss. Be interesting to see what he does with Bale et al.

Old 06.02.2015, 03:41 PM   #6920
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
And in other news Benitez is the new Real Madrid boss. Be interesting to see what he does with Bale et al.

im more curious about who'll be filling in for him @ napoli

o wait! he's taking a break after all

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32963594

he can now go live in brooklyn and call pep's weed dealer, come up with a new take on the 4-2-4

but yeah, i feel bale might have been wasted this past year-- if you'd care to explain how, it would be great
296336343344345 346 347348349356396446 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth