Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.29.2017, 09:09 PM   #40541
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ice cream is awesome but not to worry, america is intent on shitting on it again

you know those nestlé drumsticks you can buy cheap at the supermarket,sprinkled with peanuts? cheap and tasty, good for the money, priceless on road trips

in order to cater to the public penchant for type 2 diabetes they’re now filling them up with a shitty oversweet goo in the middle— “fudge” and “vanilla caramel” shit. oversweet disgusting crap. flush them down the toilet.

some years ago they also started larding up the klondikes with who knows what. wait wait: with more fucking sugar. the motherfuckers.

thank fuck for cherry garcia. who remains true.

Drumsticks and strawberry shortcakes are classic ice cream treats.

But Ben n Jerry’s is probably to blame for that shit. Placing insane amounts of junk in those tubs. Some are good but I only buy that shit like once every 2 years.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2017, 02:38 PM   #40542
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
they’re reading about america’s crimes against foodmanity

Foodmanatee.
Old 01.01.2018, 04:40 AM   #40543
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Happy new year!!!
Old 01.01.2018, 09:59 AM   #40544
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah.

definitely needs to be better than this one!

here’s to the 2018 midterms. fingers crossed.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2018, 12:04 AM   #40545
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
My stupid keyboard cord always gets tangled up.

2017 was a great year
Old 01.26.2018, 10:00 PM   #40546
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

maaaann....things can never really just settle can they? Finally started saving again after recovering from the holiday and my fucking car fucks up. Small oil leak fucked up the belt and spilled onto the alternator too. Damn...not looking forward to this bill...

How is everyone?
Old 01.29.2018, 11:44 AM   #40547
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Just booked a flight to NYC for £90. Well I wasn't expecting to do that today!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2018, 12:03 PM   #40548
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
maaaann....things can never really just settle can they? Finally started saving again after recovering from the holiday and my fucking car fucks up. Small oil leak fucked up the belt and spilled onto the alternator too. Damn...not looking forward to this bill...

How is everyone?
man. you should learn basic carwork. alternator is pretty easily replaced.

also, amazon sells parts tons cheaper.

much more worrisome is the “small” oil leak. any oil leak is too big for my taste. what’s going on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Just booked a flight to NYC for £90. Well I wasn't expecting to do that today!

holy shit that is cheap

is that because nobody wants to come here anymore?

say hi to tessler
Old 02.02.2018, 01:08 PM   #40549
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I just got a job offer to do PR for a nonprofit agency for about 50% more than I’m making now. Now I’m faced with the impossible choice of money or loyalty. Fuck me, I was not prepared for this.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2018, 01:11 PM   #40550
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I just got a job offer to do PR for a nonprofit agency for about 50% more than I’m making now. Now I’m faced with the impossible choice of money or loyalty. Fuck me, I was not prepared for this.
jeezus ape criminy, how is that “choice” even real

do you need a boot to the head? i’ll gladly provide
Old 02.02.2018, 01:17 PM   #40551
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Honestly, I've learnt through the years loyalty only gets you so far. You've worked your ass off for this current place, right? They offered a pay rise or recognised your hardwork? Doesn't sound like they did. And what are you gonna do? Spend your life there and at the end of it get a gold watch and a pat on the back? Fuck that. Fact is that you know your work/life balance is so fucked in this job (this is going off what you've said on here)

I've actually had the same pangs of guilt myself. The current job I'm in now pays double what I was on at the last job. At the time of being offered the job I was thinking "Shit. Can I leave this job? Feel like I'll be leaving them in the shit though. What if it goes to pot too!". Guess what changed after I left? Nothing. They got on with their jobs and carried on. Sure there are people I miss from there, but the happiness and quality of life I feel now far outweighs any guilt I may have at the time.

If it doesn't work out then there are other jobs out there. You've clearly built up a decent level of experience to be offered this job. Go for it. You'll only regret not taking it further down the line.

My 2 pence anyway.

Old 02.02.2018, 01:18 PM   #40552
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
jeezus ape criminy, how is that “choice” even real

do you need a boot to the head? i’ll gladly provide

Although he summed it up better than I did

Old 02.02.2018, 03:23 PM   #40553
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
man. you should learn basic carwork. alternator is pretty easily replaced.

also, amazon sells parts tons cheaper.

much more worrisome is the “small” oil leak. any oil leak is too big for my taste. what’s going on there?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=709943
Old 02.02.2018, 03:32 PM   #40554
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

What's the non-profit? Or at least the general cause if you don't want to give the name?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2018, 03:51 PM   #40555
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
What's the non-profit? Or at least the general cause if you don't want to give the name?
the nunya beeswax fund

an environmental conservancy
Old 02.02.2018, 03:54 PM   #40556
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

oh right, the oil filter gasket housing

engine eats its own belts and chokes on them!

who the fuck makes these cars???

i don’t know if yours ate the belt or just leaked onto it, but for the price of the repairs you could just get a junkyard engine and swap it
Old 02.02.2018, 03:56 PM   #40557
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the nunya beeswax fund

an environmental conservancy

That's actually close to what I expected Sev to write. He's so secretive, even though we all know:

Paul McDuffen
1476 Poplar Dr. SW
Oklahoma City, OK 46819
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2018, 08:29 PM   #40558
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

Sorry too personal. General cause is securing grants for needy and at-risk families to help with education, housing, etc. It’s a fairly big agency, at least regionally, and they do a lot. But it would be a means to an end... making the jump from beat journalist to publicist is how you turn the most-punchable-lowest-paying profession into a legit career, ideally Doug PR for a university. Many a journalist has followed this path.

Sorry I can’t say more.

Took the whole thing to my boss and they asked what they could do to keep me, and I said pay me the same amount they’re offering and I’m yours. Waiting for a sure-to-disappoint counteroffer coming Monday.

I’m not tooting my own horn, but my leaving would really throw my paper into chaos, considering the year we’ve had. But I have to go where the money is.

Just... damn. My managing editor cried when I told her. Fuck.
Old 02.02.2018, 08:48 PM   #40559
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Honestly, I've learnt through the years loyalty only gets you so far. You've worked your ass off for this current place, right? They offered a pay rise or recognised your hardwork? Doesn't sound like they did. And what are you gonna do? Spend your life there and at the end of it get a gold watch and a pat on the back? Fuck that. Fact is that you know your work/life balance is so fucked in this job (this is going off what you've said on here)

I've actually had the same pangs of guilt myself. The current job I'm in now pays double what I was on at the last job. At the time of being offered the job I was thinking "Shit. Can I leave this job? Feel like I'll be leaving them in the shit though. What if it goes to pot too!". Guess what changed after I left? Nothing. They got on with their jobs and carried on. Sure there are people I miss from there, but the happiness and quality of life I feel now far outweighs any guilt I may have at the time.

If it doesn't work out then there are other jobs out there. You've clearly built up a decent level of experience to be offered this job. Go for it. You'll only regret not taking it further down the line.

My 2 pence anyway.

You’re not wrong. I have literally bled in service to this job on multiple occasions. I have received two pinner raises and two pinner promotions over the last 3 years, and I’ve never complained. I know I can’t rely on loyalty. It’s a corporation after all. But they will be FUCKED without me. Been a lot of layoffs and firings and so on this year, and I’m the only staffer who edits, writes copy for any and all beats, manages freelancers, puts together publications from noting, and knows the ins and outs of our system. They will be in bad shape without me.

I’m hoping they hit me with a sweet counter-offer. Otherwise... I’m afraid I’m out.
Old 02.02.2018, 08:56 PM   #40560
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh right, the oil filter gasket housing

engine eats its own belts and chokes on them!

who the fuck makes these cars???

i don’t know if yours ate the belt or just leaked onto it, but for the price of the repairs you could just get a junkyard engine and swap it

Really afraid to find a junked engine....and I feel like for 5k, I’d rather just look for another car. Especially since I’m trying to save for a place of my own.
1528192819782018202520262027 2028 202920302031203820782128 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth