Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it just me....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2006, 01:04 PM   #101
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
This is exactly what always happens. It went through my mind to write about this very point earlier, but I was too busy trying to respond to queries from the queeries. Look! I can be a smart-ass too!

What always happens is that if a discussion gets too meaty, someone, (and that someone is more often than not porkmarras, Cantankerous, or HaydenAsche) pronounces it a "bore" and then starts writing some superficial junk to change the subject.

A self-defense mechanism in action, folks.

You're a fucking bore.

Seriously, I can't be bothered with such nonsense.
Old 09.26.2006, 01:14 PM   #102
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oy, people, chill.

just like atari misunderstands the board (he does), people misunderstand him too. i've heard him being called "a robot" & what not.

however, i was reading nietzsche the other day (yes, call me pretentions, you dull tv-watching fucks), and i found this paragraph that illuminated atari's plight so i copied it. here it goes:

--------

Beyond Good and Evil

What is Noble

~282 ~

--"But whatever happened to you?"

"I don't know," he said hesitantly; "perhaps the Harpies flew over my table."

Nowadays it happens occasionally that a mild, moderate, reticent person suddenly goes into a rage, smashes dishes, upends the table, screams, raves, insults everybody--and eventually walks off, shamed, furious with himself--where? what for? To starve by himself? To suffocate on his recollection?

If a person has the desires of a high and choosy soul and only rarely finds his table set and his food ready, his danger will be great at all times; but today it is extraordinary. Thrown into a noisy and plebeian age with which he does not care to eat out of the same dishes, he can easily perish of hunger and thirst or, if eventually he "falls to" after all--of sudden nausea.

Probably all of us have sat at tables where we did not belong, and precisely the most spiritual among us, being hardest to noursish, know that dangerous dyspepsia which comes of a sudden insight and disappointment about our food and our neighbors at the table--the after-dinner nausea.

---

there. i hope that clarifies. for those of you who can't bear fully-formed sentences, and are irritated by the mere presence of this text, please don't lash out in that rage that stems from shame, or i will be forced to behave (more than usual) like an obnoxious arrogant asshole.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 01:29 PM   #103
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oy, people, chill.

just like atari misunderstands the board (he does), people misunderstand him too. i've heard him being called "a robot" & what not.

however, i was reading nietzsche the other day (yes, call me pretentions, you dull tv-watching fucks), and i found this paragraph that illuminated atari's plight so i copied it. here it goes:

--------

Beyond Good and Evil

What is Noble

~282 ~

--"But whatever happened to you?"

"I don't know," he said hesitantly; "perhaps the Harpies flew over my table."

Nowadays it happens occasionally that a mild, moderate, reticent person suddenly goes into a rage, smashes dishes, upends the table, screams, raves, insults everybody--and eventually walks off, shamed, furious with himself--where? what for? To starve by himself? To suffocate on his recollection?

If a person has the desires of a high and choosy soul and only rarely finds his table set and his food ready, his danger will be great at all times; but today it is extraordinary. Thrown into a noisy and plebeian age with which he does not care to eat out of the same dishes, he can easily perish of hunger and thirst or, if eventually he "falls to" after all--of sudden nausea.

Probably all of us have sat at tables where we did not belong, and precisely the most spiritual among us, being hardest to noursish, know that dangerous dyspepsia which comes of a sudden insight and disappointment about our food and our neighbors at the table--the after-dinner nausea.

---

there. i hope that clarifies. for those of you who can't bear fully-formed sentences, and are irritated by the mere presence of this text, please don't lash out in that rage that stems from shame, or i will be forced to behave (more than usual) like an obnoxious arrogant asshole.

Maturity on a board! Nonsense.

Good quote by the way.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 01:44 PM   #104
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
These people insult themselves. I merely point it out.

I'm far from perfect, but as anyone can plainly see that reads this thread from the beginning, I was targeted firstm nagged and engaged.

You're right, !@#$%!, I should just give up all hope on these people if it's going to make me upset that they reject any understanding in life. I should just say, "fuck it" like everyone else does, including yourself. If you'll recall that's exactly what I promised I would do at the beginning of the thread until I got sucked into their nonsense. Yeah, I should really look out for number one. I should worry about everyone liking me above all and keep it light and trite. You're an expert on that. Will you teach me how to be the "fun teacher" oh great master? I am just a dullard, you see, and I need special guidance from someone of your fibre and caliber.

It should be abundantly clear to anyone that has any understanding of philosophy and psychology that I'm correct in my statements.

It's obvious that I'm dealing with a bunch of dim bulbs that think they light up the night like Las Vegas if they cannot grasp the simple terms in which I was expressing some of the more complex ideas that I posted.

porkmarras repeatedly goes back to this tired assertion that Tokolosh and I were ganging up on him. He seriously insults Tokolosh something terrible at one point which is worse than anything I've written in this thread. As I pointed out, it is he and his crew of rabble-rousers that are the ones doing the teaming together.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 01:49 PM   #105
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well, my point is that when you come to the funnel cake stand looking for a banquet (with all the platonic allusions included here), you're bound to suffer attacks of indigestion & all the colorful stuff that nietzsche described.

i'm not saying "lighten up atari" , but -- this isn't going to be the table you're looking for-- ever. it's like glice hoping this would be a "mental gym," remember?

funnel cakes are tasty though. don't eat too many.
Old 09.26.2006, 01:51 PM   #106
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Oh give it a rest you tedious arserhole.Enough is enough.This is about the 100th time that you mentioned me today,internet dude.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 01:51 PM   #107
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i'm not saying "lighten up atari" , but -- this isn't going to be the table you're looking for-- ever. it's like glice hoping this would be a "mental gym," remember?

QFT

By that I mean he should fuckin carry on staying here. He's the only decent smelling air around here.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 01:52 PM   #108
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
No you are.

Old 09.26.2006, 01:55 PM   #109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well children i must be off, i let you two bicker, but i have to say i have no favorites in this fight.

and good to see you back h8kurdt. haven't spotted you here in a while.
Old 09.26.2006, 02:07 PM   #110
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The Simpsons is such a brilliant TV show.

Mr. Burns: Now get out!
Lisa:I can't! My mom's not picking me up for an hour.
Mr. Burns: So, what do you think of today's popular music scene?
Lisa: I think it distracts people from more important social issues.
Mr. Burns: My god, are you always on!?

fraudcast12.mp3

You know, The Simpsons has won the award for best comedy writing from The Writer's Guild of America for almost every single year its been on the air.
Old 09.26.2006, 02:09 PM   #111
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
porkmarras repeatedly goes back to this tired assertion that Tokolosh and I were ganging up on him. He seriously insults Tokolosh something terrible at one point which is worse than anything I've written in this thread. As I pointed out, it is he and his crew of rabble-rousers that are the ones doing the teaming together.

I'll sleep like a baby tonight, let me tell ya.
Old 09.26.2006, 02:13 PM   #112
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Haha.You really must be a bit of a saddo Tokolosh if you wouldn't be able to sleep anything but soundly with or without what i might or might not post.Now,obviously someone is feeling rather lonely,ya or not ya.

Old 09.26.2006, 02:17 PM   #113
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
... you wish.
Old 09.26.2006, 03:07 PM   #114
atari 2600
invito al cielo

On the TV...

Jay: Welcome to "Coming Attractions". I'm your host, Jay Sherman,
thank you. Tonight, we review an aging Charles Bronson in
"Death Wish 9".
Bronson: [in a hospital bed] I wish I was dead. Oy!
Jay: But first, we have a special guest: Rainier Wolfcastle, star of
the reprehensible McBain movies.
Rainier: Jay, my new film izzay mixture of action und comedy. It's
called "McBain: Let's Get Silly".
[cut to clip from movie showing McBain with a microphone in
front of a brick wall]
McBain: Did you ever notiz how men alwayz leave zee toilet seat up?
[pause] That'z zee joke.
Man: [from audience] You suck, McBain!
[McBain pulls a machine gun and fires into the audience]
McBain: Now, my Woody Allen imprezsion: I'm a neurotic nerd who likesto sleep with little girlzz.
Man: [from audience] Hey, that really sucked!
[McBain pulls the pin on a grenade and tosses it at him...it explodes in the audience off-camera and we hear screams]
Rainier: The film is juzz me in front of a brick wall for an hour and zay haff. It cost $80 million.
Jay: [contemptuous] How do you sleep at night?
Rainier: On top of a pile of money with many beautiful laydeez.
Jay: Just asking. Yeesh!

Old 09.26.2006, 03:13 PM   #115
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
atari: i'm getting kinda tired of the "post a whole scene from the simpsons" posts. i know they are the bible but doing every time you post, it loses it's appeal.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 03:14 PM   #116
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I'm sure you're not the only one. I'm so sorry it distresses you so.

You know, the internet message board equivalent to flipping the channel is skipping the post.
Old 09.26.2006, 03:16 PM   #117
porkmarras
invito al cielo

atari,how many times are you allowed out every week?

Old 09.26.2006, 03:20 PM   #118
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, but it ruins the simpsons for me!!! i read the first few words and i remember the episode and you so happen to quote episodes they are rerunning to death here, so then i see the show later in the evening and it's like i've already seen it.

i'm not against you or anything, just make your posts a little more worthwhile
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 03:48 PM   #119
atari 2600
invito al cielo

so sgt. pepper took you by
surprise
you better see right through that
mother's eyes
those freaks was right when they
said you was you was dead
the one mistake you made was
in your head
how do you sleep?
ah how do you sleep at night?
you live with straights who tell
you you was king
jump when your mamma tells
you anything
the only thing you done was
yesterday
and since you've gone it's just
another day
how do you sleep?
a pretty face may last a year
or two
but pretty soon they'll see
what you can do
the sound you make is muzak
to my ears
you must have learned
something all those years
how do you sleep?

Old 09.26.2006, 03:54 PM   #120
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Let's approach him with caution.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth