Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A friend almost died yesterday...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I went to a party and one of my friends was really drunk. We thought it was funny in the beginning but after a while he couldn't talk or stand up which was really scary. So I carried him outside and tried to give some water which he wasn't able to drink. Then when I wasn't looking he suddenly collapsed and knocked his head on the floor really hard (this part was particularly scary!). We took his cellphone and called his mother and an ambulance. Her mother finally showed up after ONE HOUR! And she didn't look like she cared about the fact that his son hadn't moved for a while now. When we first called them his brother picked up and we told him of the situation to which he replied:"Yeah sure whatever, say how's the party?"...
Anyway an ambulance came and took him to the hospital and I hope he's gonna be alright.
Old 12.23.2006, 09:53 AM   #2
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
shit,
a guy i know went out and got really drunk with a friend of mine and choked on his own vomit in his sleep, his younger brother found him dead the next morning.
it only happened last week, i feel real bad for his family what with it been so close to xmas and that.
this is the risk you take when you get blotto drunk though, isint it really?
Old 12.23.2006, 10:25 AM   #3
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I was drinking with some friends a few years back and one of the guys was like what trasher described, fall down drunk, couldn't drink water and dry-heaving occasionally throughing up stomach liner. My friends and i finally got him to drink a little water and called his cousin who was in medical school. His cousin didn't seemed that worried, he said just get to him to bed, we almost dropped him off at the emergency room, but ended up going back to my friends house. The bastard that almost died the night before woke up like he had never even had a beer the night before. Crazy night.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 02:25 PM   #4
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
kids, alcohol is bad for you
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 02:49 PM   #5
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Man I hate it when somebody gets that wasted, it totally ruins the atmosphere. I was at a party at some really rich guy's house and this fat mess of a girl decided it was wise to drink half a bottle of MY vodka. As you can guess the same shit happened...

She fell into the swimming pool so had to be stripped naked, this was not a pretty sight and it still haunts me. So then we took her outside where she kept falling over and hitting her head on the floor and urrrgh it was just fucking sick. She was screaming and all her friends were crying. We finally got her sat on a chair, so then what does she go and do.... piss herself.

Anyway she totally ruined the party for about 2 hours but when her parents picked her up and we got the bongs flowing it was all good.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:20 PM   #6
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
last tuesday one of my brother's friends died.. he was hit by a train on their way home.. my brother saw it happen, and i'm actually very worried about this because it's the second time he loses a friend in such a weird way (in two years), and he also lost some family members in unusual ways (euthanasia and suicide). he acts as if nothing ever happened and doesn't show any emotion, which worries the hell out of us and the psychologist.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:23 PM   #7
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen people so drunk and off their faces that they had quasi-epileptic fits and then they got allright.If you drink and take drugs,it's a sad consequence.The same folks re-offendend more than once.Tough shit.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:38 PM   #8
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
we got the bongs flowing it was all good.

aww yeah!!
bring on the bongs!
Old 12.23.2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Those stories are horrible! Drinking can be really dangerous, my friend graeme had to stay in a hospital for 2 days becuase his blood alcohol level was 6.5%, and you die at around 6.7. Earlier that night he was punching women in the face and being really sexist, it's sad to see some of the things it can do to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
last tuesday one of my brother's friends died.. he was hit by a train on their way home.. my brother saw it happen, and i'm actually very worried about this because it's the second time he loses a friend in such a weird way (in two years), and he also lost some family members in unusual ways (euthanasia and suicide). he acts as if nothing ever happened and doesn't show any emotion, which worries the hell out of us and the psychologist.
That is very sad. That is very strange that he acts as if nothing happened. How old is he? When my dad passed away (which I witnessed) I was 3, and it didn't affect me as much despite the fact that I vividly remember it happening because of my age, but my brother who was 12 at the time and he's been pretty depressed his entire life. It still saddens me and affects me more and more, but if he saw his friend get killed all of a sudden by a train and no emotion is really...different
Old 12.23.2006, 03:40 PM   #10
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
a friend comitted suicide(shotgun to the head) last christmas, it was really selfish of him but whatever
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:43 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
a friend comitted suicide(shotgun to the head) last christmas, it was really selfish of him but whatever

Suicides are terrible, and I never know if I should feel remorse or not. My ex hung herself earlier this year and I knew she'd do it...just not when, and my great uncle jumped off a building and he was an alcoholic
Old 12.23.2006, 03:45 PM   #12
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
aww yeah!!
bring on the bongs!

To hell with bongs, buckets, chillums, brick pipes etc. I'll go for a slow boat of good moroccan hash.
Old 12.23.2006, 03:46 PM   #13
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
When i was younger(by this board standards it feels like ages ago) one of my friends shot himself in a park.More than drinking,it was the drugs that did it.A lesson was learned.

Old 12.23.2006, 03:48 PM   #14
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Suicides are terrible, and I never know if I should feel remorse or not. My ex hung herself earlier this year and I knew she'd do it...just not when, and my great uncle jumped off a building and he was an alcoholic

i mean, i felt like shit when i heard about it
we all did
we were just so surprised, we never thought he'd do such thing
he seemed like such a happy guy, but i guess he had some issues

after it was all said and done, when i think about it now
it kind of angers me
his family (and those that were very close to him) will have to think about his suicide on christmas day

am i horrible person for being angry at him?
Old 12.23.2006, 03:49 PM   #15
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

oh and let me say that this guy did not have a drinking or drug problem.
he was a devout christian and all that jazz
Old 12.23.2006, 03:51 PM   #16
Inhuman
invito al cielo

I think you have the right to be angry. Did you know of any issues he had though? My ex had...bad issues which I'd rather not get into, but her dad was put into jail for things he did to her and she was always suicidal because of how bad her life was
Old 12.23.2006, 03:52 PM   #17
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
oh and let me say that this guy did not have a drinking or drug problem.
he was a devout christian and all that jazz

That explains it.
Old 12.23.2006, 03:55 PM   #18
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I think you have the right to be angry. Did you know of any issues he had though? My ex had...bad issues which I'd rather not get into, but her dad was put into jail for things he did to her and she was always suicidal because of how bad her life was
It's a very complicated thing suicide,isn't it?A friend's boyfriend took his life last year and the circumstances are so unclear i gave up alltogether.Can of worms,apparently.

Old 12.23.2006, 04:03 PM   #19
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Can we change subject?It's almost too painful to think about the damage that it has done done to him.From being an aspiring actor he's become the shadow of himself.It fucked him up so utterly and completely,i don't recognize him anymore.

Old 12.23.2006, 04:06 PM   #20
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Can we change subject?It's almost too painful to think about the damage that it has done done to him.From being an aspiring actor he's become the shadow of himself.It fucked him up so utterly and completely,i don't recognize him anymore.

Good call, I'm sure a lot of this stuff is personal to all of us

NEW THREAD TOPIC:
DUCK PEOPLE

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth