Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Baseball Fever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2007, 12:54 AM   #1
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is for the handfull of us on here that like baseball. Post about your favorite team(s), predictions, hopes, worries etc. here.

I've had the fever since 2 weeks before catchers and pitchers were scheduled to report to spring training in February.....it's sick. This shit has been such a huge part of my life ever since I was 4 or 5 and the love I have for the game is a bit hard to even put into words.

Opening night is Sunday with a rematch of the NLCS between the Mets and Cardinals.

Save the "baseball sux dudez" comments......I mean really.
Old 03.27.2007, 02:14 AM   #2
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, thought i could get away with living without it for a season...since im in australia right now, but thats not gonna happen....i already have 3 fantasy teams....im addicted...cricket sucks...just so all you Euro people know...it sucks pretty hard compared to baseball...it is more boring than baseball and the guys look goofy running after the ball without gloves/mitts...they look like poor Dominican kids who can't afford gloves...and there is no chance for excitement because they don't use gloves, and they use paddles instead of bats...and they throw to the ground instead of to the batter...
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2007, 02:15 AM   #3
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
and and i hate their snooty sweater vests.
Old 03.27.2007, 11:22 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
yeah, thought i could get away with living without it for a season...since im in australia right now, but thats not gonna happen....i already have 3 fantasy teams....im addicted...cricket sucks...just so all you Euro people know...it sucks pretty hard compared to baseball...it is more boring than baseball and the guys look goofy running after the ball without gloves/mitts...they look like poor Dominican kids who can't afford gloves...and there is no chance for excitement because they don't use gloves, and they use paddles instead of bats...and they throw to the ground instead of to the batter...
So I'm assuming you are from the States? Do they show games over there or do you just read about them?

I have nine fantasy teams right now....been playing since 2000.

Who is your team? I'm a diehard O's fan (obvi).
Old 03.28.2007, 04:22 AM   #5
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I like baseball hey. One of them sports I actually like. Never watch it though. I mean to but then forget as soon as I thought about it.
Old 03.28.2007, 09:05 AM   #6
davenotdead
invito al cielo

si, je suis american....they might show games on cable, but i wouldnt think so...so the internet is my key...don't really have a team...just like certain players...for fantasy/investment purposes...
Old 03.28.2007, 09:37 AM   #7
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i went to a Yankee's game when i was in NY last October, it was the first game of the play-off's and to be honest it was the best fuckin part of my holiday, in fact after Man U games it was one of the fuckin best nights of my life, i'm telling ya the atmosphere was electric. i've always been a kind of a Yankee's fan since.
Old 03.28.2007, 09:42 AM   #8
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
nationals fan here, hoping to get to several games with patrick this year.
(he's still clinging to hope with the o's, though) very curious to see how
the young squad with a new manager will fare in the same division with the
mets, phils and braves.

on a completely unrelated note, i hope the cubs lose 102 games and
alfonso soriano gets batteries thrown at him by overweight schoolchildren.
Old 03.28.2007, 04:20 PM   #9
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
red sox born and raised in boston so yea i really dont care if they win the wolrd series cuz ive already seen it once in my lifetime and thats good enough for any red sox fan but it is cool how we have dice-k and how they gave him johhny "the sell out mother fucker who will have an anvil dropped on him" damon's old number (18)

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2007, 09:00 PM   #10
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses

Another year, another last place finish.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 12:05 AM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i went to a Yankee's game when i was in NY last October, it was the first game of the play-off's and to be honest it was the best fuckin part of my holiday, in fact after Man U games it was one of the fuckin best nights of my life, i'm telling ya the atmosphere was electric. i've always been a kind of a Yankee's fan since.
Wow, that's pretty awesome.....as much as I hate the Yankees I still would love to go to Yankee Stadium before they move to the new Yankee stadium. A regular season game would be fun, but WOW a playoff game?!? That must have been insane. How did you get tickets?
Old 03.29.2007, 12:15 AM   #12
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
nationals fan here, hoping to get to several games with patrick this year.
(he's still clinging to hope with the o's, though) very curious to see how
the young squad with a new manager will fare in the same division with the
mets, phils and braves.

on a completely unrelated note, i hope the cubs lose 102 games and
alfonso soriano gets batteries thrown at him by overweight schoolchildren.
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't get anything for Soriano......NOTHING. They HAD to trade him.....def. a head scratcher. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Cordero this year to get a couple good young players. Zimmerman rules, Patterson is good, Lopez is a pretty good player (who I liked in CIN) who can steal you a bag, and Nick Johnson can hit if he can only stay healthy. I should prob. hate the Nats, but they are def. one of the handful of other teams I root for.

Have you seen the 3D/digital pictures of the new stadium? It's look pretty awesome and the Cherry Blossums are a great idea if they keep the bees under control!!!

Even though the Cubs rotation seems pretty iffy after Zambrano, Lilly, and Hill, I still think they have a shot at the Wild Card. Pinella is a great manager/motivator and they are going to score a zillion runs. I think Zmabran will win the Cy Young and I pray that the O's will throw him an insane amount of jack at the end of the season and he will be an O for life.......he he.

I think the O's have a shot of being over .500 which is a nice step for them. Huff is going to really help protect Miggy, Nick rakes, Bedard is becoming one of the best pitchers in the AL, Cabrera and Lowen have a ton of potential, and we actually have a pretty good bullpen this year. We really need a first baseman......I'm looking at you, Mark Texiera.

I thought Patrick was just a Nat fan.
Old 03.29.2007, 12:16 AM   #13
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by something
and how they gave him johhny "the sell out mother fucker who will have an anvil dropped on him" damon's old number (18)
Ha ha.....I didn't think of that. Dice K has looked pretty damn good.
Old 03.29.2007, 12:27 AM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест

Well, at least you guys have Alex Gordon.

They need to strip that whole organization down from top to bottom. Since the market isn't that great and they don't want to spend any money, they really need to have people that know what they are doing with scouting players so that they can have the best/most efficient draft every year. Granted the draft in baseball is like finding a needle in a haystack after the first round or two.

They should just give control of the team to me and in ten years the Royals will be in the playoffs
Old 03.29.2007, 12:36 AM   #15
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I used to go see the Sounds in Nashville. Cheap beer and hot dogs.

Go Braves!
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 12:47 AM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

God damn I hope the Braves don't trade Andruw Jones to the Yankees......it's a very realistic rumour. He'll prob. end up there anyway......the Braves prob. aren't going to be able to pay him after this year. A shame really.
Old 03.29.2007, 01:05 AM   #17
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
patrick was raised an o's fan; he has divided loyalties now
due to A) he was born in DC and B) Peter Angelos.
Ha ha ha.....for real. Free the birds!!!!

I think I'll be more interested in follwing/watching Nats games next year when the stadium is ready......RFK is a snooze fest (personality wise). Both the O's and Nats will have some more money to spend with the revenue coming in from the new MASN channel and all. Right now the Nats just don't seem like they will be a lot of fun (for me) to watch. Their lack of starting pitching might spell disaster this year.....but they are still basically an expansion team who are still settling in, so it's all good.
Old 03.29.2007, 02:34 AM   #18
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I'm moving out to where we won't have cable. I was really going to make a concious decision to watch some games with a beer and vegan hot dogs. Maybe if it's started I can do it before I move out.
Old 03.29.2007, 06:00 AM   #19
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Well, at least you guys have Alex Gordon.

They need to strip that whole organization down from top to bottom. Since the market isn't that great and they don't want to spend any money, they really need to have people that know what they are doing with scouting players so that they can have the best/most efficient draft every year. Granted the draft in baseball is like finding a needle in a haystack after the first round or two.

They should just give control of the team to me and in ten years the Royals will be in the playoffs

Yeah, Nebraska's own Alex Gordon, you should add.

Folks in Kansas City, and the surrouding area would support the team better if they weren't so awful, and poorly managed. Just look at the Chiefs, never an empty seat, and this is even during their sub par seasons. It used to be the other way around, people would pack into Kauffman Stadium, and Arrowhead would be near empty.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2007, 12:40 AM   #20
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест

No way. They'll finish 4th or maybe even 3rd in the central this year. Out of the 5. Wait and see.
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth