Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2013, 06:41 PM   #281
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder

did anyone give this a listen?

not yet, but its' downloaded to my phone waiting for a listen.
Old 05.15.2013, 07:14 PM   #282
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
new A$AP Ferg: http://www.vevo.com/watch/aap-ferg/w...erg_work_remix
Old 05.16.2013, 12:31 AM   #283
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Ferg makes dope music. i'm anticipating his tape, "Trap Lord" coming out May 27.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2013, 01:34 AM   #284
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
li b must be trying to rewrite the history books as being the first heterosexual male to claim himself as being PRETTY? hehe
well, wasn't he the first heterosexual male to claim himself as being "gay"?

also Rocky calls himself "pretty" all the time. Lil B is basically the most influential figure in the last 5 years. he's the godfather of all those swag/weirdo rappers, he revolutionized the game and started a whole movement.

he's been boring lately with all the half assed mixtapes though. needs to stop messing around and just drop an album.
Old 05.16.2013, 10:11 AM   #285
louder
invito al cielo

Kanye is gonna perform on SNL in Saturday. i think he's gonna do that song with the crazy beat which sounds like it was produced by Daft Punk.
Old 05.16.2013, 07:21 PM   #286
noisereductions
invito al cielo

this recent mixtape is highly suggested:

Old 05.16.2013, 08:05 PM   #287
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
cool. never been enthralled by him like some of you are and gave MBDTF a second listen a couple of weeks ago because of Severian. still thinks it's OK(with a couple of really bad songs). i will say i perfer his later albums and 808's & Heartbreak might be my fav. don't know why.

word. I'm with you there. Honestly, I was a fan of Kanye early on. But it wasn't til Graduation that I REALLY liked him. And I'd say Graduation, 808's and Dark Twisted are the shiz.

I will say if I had to choose, I'd say "Amazing" is my all time fav Kanye track. Srsly.
Old 05.17.2013, 04:39 AM   #288
louder
invito al cielo

i've been a fan since Grad came out, but it was Dark Twisted which really blew me away. i felt like that album was made for me. it was basically the only thing i would listen to for months. then eventually i got tired of it and went to explore his older albums and realized i love them all.

The College Dropout gotta be my least fav these days. it's fantastic but has a couple of tracks which are skippable and have nothing to do with the soulful style of the album. every other album can be argued as his best.

although i must say the last few tracks on Dark Twisted is where he took not only his own music, but the genre as a whole to another level. and since it's Kanye i wouldn't even be surprised if the new album is even better. if he won't perform the new single tomorrow i'm gonna be disappointed as hell. i can't wait.
Old 05.17.2013, 04:55 AM   #289
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
this recent mixtape is highly suggested:

Action Bronson grew on me lately. i wasn't feeling his first few projects, but his features on 1 Train and most recently Chance the Rapper's new mixtape made me interested. so i checked out Rare Chandeliers which was produced entirely by the Alchemist and it's really nice. dude keeps getting better.
Old 05.18.2013, 12:31 PM   #290
noisereductions
invito al cielo

pretty much all I've been listening to lately:

A$AP Rocky
Danny Brown
Lil B
Spaceghostpurrp
Odd Future
C-Reezy
Old 05.18.2013, 01:19 PM   #291
louder
invito al cielo

been on a Danny kick myself lately. XXX is really good but i feel like he can do even better. thus Old is my most anticipated album of the year along with the new Kanye and the new Weeknd.

SpaceGhostPurrp is a cool dude. i especially like Raiden Klan's aesthetics but his beats are super dope when they're properly mastered. Mysterious Phonk is my fav project from him.
Old 05.18.2013, 02:04 PM   #292
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Terror is ok, but def my least fav Lips album in a while. It feels really aimless to me.

I haven't heard the new Deerhunter yet, but I will.

Shit man, you've got to hear it. Especially since it's perfectly legit now, having been released and all. I think this generation has found its Sonic Youth; only attention spans are too low to allow for this incarnation to devote 3 or 4 albums to noise and ambience. Things just move too fast these days. So instead of being at the Sister/DDN stage, Deerhunter is already making their EJS/Washing Machine.

As for the Lips... Listen to the Terror on good headphones. By yourself, while engaging in some menial muscle memory task like driving or doing office work or writing a paper. It's kind of overwhelming. It's loud and dense and pretty fucking enthralling. Honestly, it's unlike anything I've heard this year.

But back to hip hop. I just had a bunch of underground, "Mello Music Group" compilations and promos forced on me by a friend if mine who thinks that listening to Jay-Z, Kanye, and Wu-Tang makes me unsophisticated or something. Like I haven't listened to Black Milk before. Jesus...

It's not bad, but I used to be that kind of hip hop fan. If it was on the radio, it was "uninspired," and only the "intellectual" work of ATCQ and Del disciples was worth my time. I still like that nice guy shit- I like Sole and Aesop and Clouddead. But I also understand that RAP-rap is not stupid just because it's bombastic.

Jay-Z fuckin kills, and BIG is god. Wu Tang = the Beatles.

Still love Del and Madlib, but it's easier to write something off based on appearances that it is to appreciate subtle genius despite the occasional "H to tha Izzo"
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2013, 02:34 PM   #293
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
cool. never been enthralled by him like some of you are and gave MBDTF a second listen a couple of weeks ago because of Severian. still thinks it's OK(with a couple of really bad songs). i will say i perfer his later albums and 808's & Heartbreak might be my fav. don't know why.

I appreciate that, for some reason.

There's a lot to hate about Kanye "the superstar," and I was way too focused on the shades and the glitter... but when when you listen to "Last Call," all the bullshit seems to melt away, and you realize that he's an incredibly self aware human being. He becomes relatable, and then you understand the cockiness.

Then there's the fact that his beats and production are light years ahead of mainstream pop. Seriously, the guy is a machine.

Amazing was the first track to catch my attention too. I heard it on a tv show or something, and when I found out it was Kanye I just about shit my pants.

So for a long time I was an 808s and MBDTF only fan, and swore up and down that the brilliance of those albums was a fluke. But thanks to louder and NR (must spread rep where rep is due) I started listening the other albums, start to finish, over and over, and now I fucking love it all.

But if you don't dig "Runaway" then I'm not sure you'll have the same experience. That's one of the strangest hip hop songs I've ever heard, and when the beat kicks in, it's like lying on the tracks underneath a moving train.

Ima go listen to that shit right now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2013, 02:41 PM   #294
louder
invito al cielo

he was relatable until 808s & Heartbreak. now it's the opposite but the music is incredible so i don't care.
Old 05.18.2013, 06:22 PM   #295
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
been on a Danny kick myself lately. XXX is really good but i feel like he can do even better. thus Old is my most anticipated album of the year along with the new Kanye and the new Weeknd.

SpaceGhostPurrp is a cool dude. i especially like Raiden Klan's aesthetics but his beats are super dope when they're properly mastered. Mysterious Phonk is my fav project from him.

yeah dood Danny at first I was like "meh." But his verse on "1Train" killed it so hard so I went back. More I listen to XXX, more I see why ppl love it. And a big part for me is about halfway thru when his 'real voice' kicks in. So jarring. But I've said before that if his next album sounds more like "DNA" then that shit is gonna be a classic.

SpaceGhost I slept on at first too, but I really love his production. I'm bummed him and A$AP fell out, cuz SGP producing a Rocky album would be legit.
Old 05.19.2013, 01:24 AM   #296
louder
invito al cielo

watching the SNL performance. "Black Skinhead".. is Kanye doing punk rap now? oh lawd. and apparently the album is titled "Yeezus" and out June 18.

Old 05.19.2013, 04:28 AM   #297
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
urr..i missed it. was sweeping
http://pitchfork.com/news/50795-watc...ay-night-live/
Old 05.19.2013, 07:18 AM   #298
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
thanks. yeah it's official. i'm in love with MBDTF after.......like the third time.
yay! i'm glad you've finally seen the light.
Old 05.19.2013, 07:19 AM   #299
louder
invito al cielo

praying for a new D'Angelo this year. "How Does It Feel" is one of the most perfect songs i've ever heard.
Old 05.19.2013, 08:48 AM   #300
noisereductions
invito al cielo

for some reason I'm not that excited about the new Kanye album.
121314 15 1617182565 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth