Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page But you must choose. Choose wisely. He chose.. poorly
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2006, 12:14 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
There are lots of people and bands out there that seem to love buying old cheap ass guitars that they don't really know anything about simply because they are vintage, and don't seem to think about how they will sound or play. Lots of the new awful , girls jeans wearing, wannabe indie bands do this, they buy lots of airlines, the REALLY cheap ass teisco's etc, silvertones. Lots of times they buy the ones that have really cheap shotty pickups that pop and clank all over the place when they play.

take this guitar for example. I've personally played this at a guitar shop and it does not sound good, I have no idea why anyone would pay more than $40 for it, but people DO. It sounds like a fucking toy because it's made from awful wood and super cheap parts, which true is good for some experimental music, but there are people who shell out all kinds of money for guitars like this simply because they're in an " indie " band and they want something vintage.

or this bass for example. You are NOT going to get a good tone out of this, unless you want it to sound like an 89 squire p-bass, only worse. It's going to pop and snap all over the place and it's much too old to replace the pickup. It's not really worth buying.

THIS will give you good tones

so will this

does anyone know what I'm talking about? That not all old guitars will give you clean raw tones?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 03:12 AM   #2
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
this seems to have caused a lot of aggrivation within you. although i am somewhat inexperienced in the field of guitar purchasing, i can understand what you're talking about.
Old 07.16.2006, 09:03 AM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
people only buy this stuff so that they can try and look cool.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 09:08 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I buy a firstact guitar because: it's almost exactly like a fender except it's cheaper and way lighter because all the expensive electronics have been ripped out. also, it still sounds good through my amp and i work at walmart so i get a 10% discount of their firstact guitars. plus I'm an experimental noise master.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 09:17 AM   #5
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Eyeball Growth, I know exactly what you are talking about.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 09:52 AM   #6
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
BANG! Thats where that quote was from, god that was killing me just then. *sigh of relief*

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 02:43 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
people only buy this stuff so that they can try and look cool.

exactly dude. It doesn't aggrivate me per say, I just wanted to see if other people like this guy understand what I'm talking about, and it looks like they do.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2006, 03:33 PM   #8
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I buy a firstact guitar because: it's almost exactly like a fender except it's cheaper and way lighter because all the expensive electronics have been ripped out. also, it still sounds good through my amp and i work at walmart so i get a 10% discount of their firstact guitars. plus I'm an experimental noise master.

Cancer Filth uses nothing but First Act equipment and children's electronics. All ran through 48 pedals that usually cancel each other out. NOISE.
Old 07.16.2006, 04:21 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
HELL YEA

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth