Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Help me with my computer problems!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.01.2009, 01:35 PM   #21
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
I don't get what's wrong with Vista. I have it on my computer and it barely ever crashes. It used to crash when I had those antiviruses/firewalls conflicts, but I've solved them and now it works perfectly. And my laptop only cost 450€...

it's not that my computer crashes, that's hardly ever happened. it's just that lots of the programmes i use don't work properly or won't open up at all.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 03:52 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
now, now, I didn't even begin to suggest switching to a mac. of course symbol man has been so nice to me lately, I'd hate to start that shit again..

ha ha ha. i have 2 macs and a 3rd one on the way but if i were to shut them down during a firmware update i'm pretty sure i'd be in a world of shit. then i'd have to go & queue up for the "genius", provided i've paid the requisite maintenance tax. which is not a bad choice, considering the shit i'd be in without help.

solution: wait till jico/verme appears on the thread & follow his instructions. he's the only one who knows shit about computers around here. for this i shall include him in my will.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 04:22 PM   #23
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
if you only have 1 mb of space left, yr virtual ram could be crapping out.

try deleting temporary files before doing uninstall. also, make sure that the programs (that aren't working) have been updated to run on vista (go to the software's website and patch if not).

that said, feel free to wait for verme. I dunt no shit bout puters.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 10:26 PM   #24
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
When I try to delete something from my desktop it takes FOREVER and I end up just closing it.

I hope verme gets here soon.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 01:19 PM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
it really sounds like yr problem is RAM related.

vista is a huge resource hog and if you don't have enough hardware RAM it will
attempt to make up the difference using the virtual paging files.

delete junk. clear all internet temp files and cache. after you have about 700mb free, you should notice some difference.

if that does manage to make yr OS stable, delete some more (mp3s are a good place to start) and begin patching programs that have become nonresponsive.

also, since I know you like TEH Pr0N, make sure you have a good malware scanner installed and run. spybot s&d and adaware are my personal faves

you may also want to consider buying more RAM. it's dirt cheap, easy to install and will most likely solve yr stalling OS issue.

good luck.
Old 12.02.2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I went into safe mode and uninstalled programs I don't need (TONS of Sims shit, Google Chrome, etc.) and when I went to start>shut down>restart this is what happens:

It gets to a page when I can choose "startup repair" or "start normally"

1st option: it says "Windows is loading files" and loads really quickly, then goes to the "Microsoft Corporation" screen where there's a green loading thing that goes around, then that stops, and it's at a black screen for awhile and finally a cursor appears but nothing else. It stays at the black with cursor screen forever.

2nd option: It just stays at the "Microsoft Corporation" part forever.

I tried to press f2 and f12 right when it first boots up, but I don't know what any of that shit means and it doesn't seem to help anything.
And my dad's friend at work will probably have to look at it but I'm worried about him seeing certain pictures on there. If he can even get to that point, fuck.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 06:39 PM   #27
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I hear that they are calling that the black screen of death.

try booting up off the vista disc by starting up yr machine with it in the drive.

if it let's you without making you reinstall windows, save yr shit while you can.

it's possible that due to lack of space, you got a partial install. I find it unlikely that you installed the entire thing with 1 mb to spare.

ps: fucking iphones make posting a chore.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth