Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page J. Mascis pics from toronto.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.11.2006, 01:55 PM   #21
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
I still like, as opposed to love, Dino w/o Lou. Green Mind r u kidding me? That's the last brilliant album. Go slip some headphones on and jam some of their later stuff like the one that goes "i Know you're out there", LOUD!, and come back and see me. haha. my only tiff with the later stuff is how large and explosive it is. the production is too compressed and heavy metally. still.
Hell yeah man.....Green Mind is my favorite and I've always loved the post-Bug stuff the best.
Old 07.11.2006, 02:07 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
DINOSAUR JR IS GOD
J MASCIS IS GOD

Green Mind is one of the single greatest albums of all time. same goes for Yr Living all over me. Both are genius, both are different, both are essential to the american way of life. ha!

The only bad Dinosaur album is without a sound. ignore it. where you been kicks ass. Hand it Over kicks ASS. turn it UP. I place the post Lou dinosaur along with the likes of Built to Spill and those bands that fucking ROCK and have fucking fantastic guiitar and just write great fucking songs. the early Dinosaur was ALL J MASCIS, and if you do not believe me go do some research and read about it. why you think lou quit? J was mastermind, and what eh said went, and the only songs that Lou wrote were Poledo. he sung what J told him to. he played what J told him to. Dinosaur has always been , recording wise, and writing wise, J Mascis (GOD) all by his lonesome.

Dinosaur Jr fucking rules all.

I cannot believe that ina forum for basically the oldest COOL band ever (sonic youht) there are still people talking trash, stupid fucking trash, about some guys old looks, or his grey hair, or stupid "grunge" comments when they should know J mascis looked like that 5-8 years BEFORE the fallacy called grunge was even birthed.

get yr facts straight!

Listen to ALONE off of HAND IT OVER.\

TURN IT UP

EAR BLEEDING COUNTRY
Old 07.11.2006, 02:45 PM   #23
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
DINOSAUR JR IS GOD
J MASCIS IS GOD

the early Dinosaur was ALL J MASCIS, and if you do not believe me go do some research and read about it. why you think lou quit? J was mastermind, and what eh said went, and the only songs that Lou wrote were Poledo. he sung what J told him to. he played what J told him to. Dinosaur has always been , recording wise, and writing wise, J Mascis (GOD) all by his lonesome.

Dinosaur Jr fucking rules all.

Yeh I know J wrote all the early stuff but you forgot that Lou wrote Lose which is an amazing song. Lou's voice really suits some of the songs, like Forget The Swan, Does It FLoat and you can't picture J screaming Why Don't You Like Me. I just think the band lost something without Lou even though they hated each other. Please don't get me wrong I love Green Mind and Where You Been but I'm much more pleased about them re-uniting and only playing from the first 3 records. I can't wait for the new album and DVD too
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 02:49 PM   #24
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
and his dog Bob is.......just awsome.

holy-reverb!! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 02:50 PM   #25
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

holy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of lightholy-reverb!! is a glorious beacon of light
oh yes, and after the show I asked J to give me his pick...and I got it. Its of course, purple.

Old 07.11.2006, 02:56 PM   #26
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
Yeh I know J wrote all the early stuff but you forgot that Lou wrote Lose which is an amazing song. Lou's voice really suits some of the songs, like Forget The Swan, Does It FLoat and you can't picture J screaming Why Don't You Like Me. I just think the band lost something without Lou even though they hated each other. Please don't get me wrong I love Green Mind and Where You Been but I'm much more pleased about them re-uniting and only playing from the first 3 records. I can't wait for the new album and DVD too

I dunno i had to stop listeneing to J after "Whatever's cool w/ me" because he got very carried away with the numerous amounts of loud soloing guitar overdubs on the subsequent albums which really detract from the songs and give them this really over the top over produced sound that makes a song from listenable to unlistenable... just my opinion...

i'll make one other comment, and see who agrees w/ me... as to why they didn't include the cover of "show me the way" and the b-sides to the 'just like heaven' single on 'living all over me' or "bug" ... i mean the cover of "chunks" is killer!!! which is one reason along to continue to still seek out the "fossils" singles ep... glad i have that one.

man did SST rule back in the 80's...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 02:59 PM   #27
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

im glad the pics started a discussion about dino but what do you all think of my pics?

Old 07.11.2006, 03:03 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the pics are great holy reverb!

Thanks for sharing !
Old 07.11.2006, 03:04 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:

Lou's voice is amazinga dn I love him and i love love love sebadoh. On Don't J forced Lou to sing that.

the reunion show was a highlight of my sonic life I tells ya!!!!

I just don;t like people badmouthing my god.
Old 07.11.2006, 03:08 PM   #30
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy-reverb!!
im glad the pics started a discussion about dino but what do you all think of my pics?

Yeh the pics rule thanks! Somebody had posted them on freakscene a while ago so i had already seen them though,

When I saw them I got J's pick and it was purple, I also got one of Murph's broken sticks. I managed to get backstage and they signed my YLAOM, it was cool, Kevin Shields was there too
Old 07.11.2006, 03:09 PM   #31
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

anyone see dinosaur playing forget the swan on IFC.com? I get IFC here in canada but we dont get the henry rollins show. forget the swan is a sick song.

Old 07.11.2006, 03:10 PM   #32
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

Quote:
Yeh the pics rule thanks! Somebody had posted them on freakscene a while ago so i had already seen them though,

When I saw them I got J's pick and it was purple, I also got one of Murph's broken sticks. I managed to get backstage and they signed my YLAOM, it was cool, Kevin Shields was there too

these same pics or just pics from the show?

Old 07.11.2006, 03:11 PM   #33
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Lou's voice is amazinga dn I love him and i love love love sebadoh. On Don't J forced Lou to sing that.

the reunion show was a highlight of my sonic life I tells ya!!!!

I just don;t like people badmouthing my god.

Yeh man I totally respect that, the reason I got into a discussion was because people were saying they were boring. They are my favorite band along with SY. I guess in a way it was good Lou leaving seen as Green Mind was realesed and lots of amazing Sebadoh stuff
Old 07.11.2006, 03:17 PM   #34
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
these same pics or just pics from the show?

The exact same ones, they were on as a slideshow and Holy Reverb was thanked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CXE...=dinosaur%20jr

They played Raisans too, it was on their site a while ago along with an interview where J said nothing as usual
Old 07.11.2006, 03:19 PM   #35
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

oh kool, i didnt even know. The board isnt up right now so i cant see.

Old 07.11.2006, 03:27 PM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The Dinosaur breakup is the only time I can recall where a great indie band broek up, and coalesced to form two GREAT indie bands.
It just does not happen! But it did!
Old 07.11.2006, 03:35 PM   #37
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

and the best part is that those two great bands got back together to once again form an even greater band then the other two!!!

Old 07.11.2006, 03:36 PM   #38
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

but i didnt get to see them on the tour thanks to 19+. But i saw J a few weeks ago so that made up. I might pop up to montreal and see sonic youth and dinosaur at the festival.

Old 07.11.2006, 03:48 PM   #39
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
and the best part is that those two great bands got back together to once again form an even greater band then the other two!!!

Well said. You should definetly go to that festival, I saw them at a festival last year and at a gig earlier this year and both times they were mindblowing. Me and a friend are making a 7 hour drive to get to the nightmare before X-Mas festival to see them again and SY. Gonna be the best weekend of my life
Old 07.11.2006, 03:50 PM   #40
holy-reverb!!
children of satan

have fun at nightmare befor x-mass festival.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth