Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Just saw Flaming Lips fearless freaks
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2006, 12:27 AM   #21
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
.....Speaking of the Flaming Lips, what are your favorite Flaming Lips albums?

My favorite is Hit to Death in the Future Head, followed by Zaireeka, Priest Driven Ambulance, and At war with the Mystics. I got the Soft Bulliten 5.1, now THAT was worth it

Definitely classic albums mentioned above.....and the Ronald Era was fucking great too....Transmissions and Clouds..... but

Lately I've gotten into Telepathic Surgery which is a really killer album, fuckin rockin with ufo(s) flying around!! Hear It Is has some fucking classics on it as well like Godzilla Flick, With You, Jesus Shootin Heroin, and She is Death (one of my favorites!) but

Even from the diehards who always go with Priest Driven Ambulance and Hit to Death in the Future Head (Jonathon Donahue era (Mercury Rev)) I never hear enough about Oh My Gawd! This album is comparable to EVOL or Bad Moon Rising as it is their weirdest album! This album is all over the place starting with the opener Everything's Exploding (awesome!!) followed by One Millionth of a Billionth of a Millisecond (Their most epic song ever!!!), the sweet lyrical acoustic Can't Exist, The Ceilin' is Bendin' (one of my alltime favorites and weirdest song ever!! Sounds like fucking aliens!! I don't know why or how that theme seems to follow the Lips, probably some experience Wayne had as a kid), and not to go on about all the songs but the closer Love Yer Brain is one of the most gorgeous songs ever!

I feel bad and still haven't seen this video but know I need to!

I love the Lips too!!

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2006, 12:37 AM   #22
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
She's got hellllllicoptttters......
Old 07.15.2006, 01:02 AM   #23
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I absolutely love Fearless Freaks. One of the best band documentaries ever made. It really let me get inside the heads of the band. One of the things I had a problem with (and this is really only a minor one) is that they didn't really discuss much about Ronald Jones or Jonathon Donahue. They just reference Jones' brilliance and say he left because of Drozd's heroin addiction. ANd they just say Donahue left because of power issues and focused on his onvolvement in Mercury Rev. I really wanted to know more about these two wonderfully talented band members because I feel that they really helped define the Flaming Lips' sound and propelled them to levels that I doubt the band could have arrived at without their involvement. Anyone else agree?

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2006, 01:05 AM   #24
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I absolutely love Fearless Freaks. One of the best band documentaries ever made. It really let me get inside the heads of the band. One of the things I had a problem with (and this is really only a minor one) is that they didn't really discuss much about Ronald Jones or Jonathon Donahue. They just reference Jones' brilliance and say he left because of Drozd's heroin addiction. ANd they just say Donahue left because of power issues and focused on his onvolvement in Mercury Rev. I really wanted to know more about these two wonderfully talented band members because I feel that they really helped define the Flaming Lips' sound and propelled them to levels that I doubt the band could have arrived at without their involvement. Anyone else agree?

I haven't seen it but would agree wholeheartedly with that point!! I read some info on the Flips message board about the movie and I think Ronald didn't want to be on it...still reclusing...

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2006, 01:22 AM   #25
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
This has to be my favorite post of yrs eva. My thoughts exactly.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth