Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page religion
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2006, 11:35 PM   #161
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't say I'm agnostic, or even skeptical. I am raised in a culture where spirituality and religion rule every aspect of life; from your first breath, through all your waking moments, every step, every dream or nightmare, your first kiss, love, hate, denial; all of life is dictated by religion and spirituality, if you make it or not, it's God and religion and spirituality. I realise now that this attitude or philosophy, if you prefer, will never cease. Life will continue to be a religious and spiritual experience every second of the way.

I am just saying that it would be preferable if humanity were given paths and options, to find God, religion and spirituality through their own terms, but I realise this will never happen in the climate I live in. Here, religion is a culture, tradition and way of life. You are introduced to God the moment you wake up, your first day at school is a testament to His might and will. This will never change. There will never be a day where I wake up and choice is presented to me. Unless of course, there is violent revolution. But to revolt against religious leaders is akin to deflowering your little sister the day before she has her first period, then burning your parents alive and finally disemboweling yourself as you suffocate to death hanging by your neck on the 50th storey of a modern and towering skyscraper. Thank you for the prognosis of my situation, but I realise that I'm less of a skeptic than a heretic.
Old 08.07.2006, 07:28 AM   #162
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
Heh, I was talking to KingCoffee.
Old 08.07.2006, 09:13 AM   #163
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry about the rant then...
Old 08.07.2006, 09:10 PM   #164
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
But it was an enlightening rant. Though a bit gruesome...I always figured there was a dark-alyasa waiting to make an appearance.

And great post, Lipslikewindows.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 09:22 PM   #165
alyasa
invito al cielo

Glad you liked it... I hope it wasn't too dark? And, yeah, lipslikewindows obviously is fiercely intelligent...
Old 08.07.2006, 11:35 PM   #166
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
Garsh...thanks guys. Not so bad yourselfs

T
Old 08.09.2006, 06:46 PM   #167
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
"Kindness is my religion." -H.H. The XXIVth Dalai Lama
Old 08.09.2006, 06:53 PM   #168
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Kindness, while extremely, isn't the end of the things (in my view). I'd rather be imperfect (less than kind/loving) and forgiven and accepted and loved in that imperfection than be perfected and rewarded accordingly.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth