Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Rewards
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2010, 10:07 AM   #101
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
No, I used to be a language tutor, but I had to stop doing it. I'll do it again when I have spare time in the future.

The average person will me misdiagnosed a few times before they find out what's really wrong. Schitzophrenia is usually genetic. However, if somebody has a tendency to develop certain problems (schitzophrenia included) drugs like acid or constant use of weed can trigger it, or make it worse - it seems.

it's not like doctors even agree on those things, that's how behind we are in studying 'mental illness'.
Yeah the guy I know with schizophrenia used to be hardcore into all drugs. I really think it made him worse. He quit that shit for the most part and is doing much better these days. I agree that we are way behind in the treatment of the mentally ill. It seems to be very prevalent or it could just be the people I choose to hang out with

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 10:23 AM   #102
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i normally like to reward myself with small things for myself when i can. i like to go for drinks or dinner but if i have the money i go for something bigger. i have my eye on several bits of equipment (although that can always be said) and i am getting a white noise generator this week. also going to an island for the weekend.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 11:10 AM   #103
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I'm thinking I'll get a 4 track. Seems like a strange thing to do.
I'm struggling to find tapes as well.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 11:52 AM   #104
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I'm surprised cassettes r still around. I just found an old box full of mine and ryans cassettes from highschool. I think they have been damaged though.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 01:14 PM   #105
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
A couple years ago at the Earl (Atlanta). I bought a copy of what was then the new Mudhoney album (the Lucky Ones) and wanted it signed. After the gig was over me and a few friends stood in the back of the small venue, near the tour bus. Steve came out helping the roadie load equipment. Talked a few mins + he went back inside. He came out a bit later w/ the Australian bassist (Guy???), talked to both of em a few more minutes before they went back inside. At this point, I'm missing two sigs...Dan Peter's + Mark Arms. It's raining but I don't care. Roadie loads up more shit, and asks us what we're doing. "I wanna meet the rest of Mudhoney"...he responds, word-for-word (I'll never forget), "Oh, cool...go inside, first door to the left, grab a beer". So yeah, I hung out backstage w/ Mudhoney for a bit. Dan was looking awful tired, sitting on a couch. Mark was talking to some girl and seemed very happy in doing so. Naturally, I approach Dan first. Shake hands, he signs my album (and yeah, being the weirdo I am I think "this dude drummed w. Nirvana for a brief stint" as we shake hands. I didn't wanna wear out my welcome so I didn't stay long. Dan, oddly, seemed to be the only one a bit bummed about me and my friends (peeking in from the doorway) leaving. But ya know, I looked at Mark and realized it was a once in a lifetime shot, so I, like an asshole, interupt this convo he's having w/ the girl and say "Hey, Mark, can ya sign this"...+ he does, circling the "A" in "Arm" into a little anarchy sign...and I went on my way.

I'll always remember it.

edit: it wasn't the earl. I saw All the Saints a the Earl...can't remember the name of this venue but it was a tiny place.

There's no way i wouldve been able to do that. i would have been too nervous to say even one word to them, haha. guess i can be a weirdo too. anyways, thats really cool. i doubt i'll ever see them here in florida..

and @Sonic Gail, There's a lot more to it. i think im bipolar for other reasons.. like nervous breakdowns at random times.. but i guess the sleeping thing is pretty normal, i just thought it couldve been part of the bipolar issue. either way, i cant tell whether its depression i have or bipolar disorder.. so i went to a psycologist (multiple ones actually) because my mom kept making me, and the medication i took made me worse believe it or not so i just stopped going.. theres more to it.. but i feel uncomfortable sharing it on here.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth