Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Denver Show at the Gothic Theatre
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2006, 02:53 PM   #21
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
Here you guys go.

I took over 300 pictures. Maybe 5 of them came out decent.

I'll post the rest and some videos later.
thethuthinnang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 02:57 PM   #22
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
You must've been fairly close to me....

I'll post some more later too.....I really didn't like using my flash, so about 25% of mine are decent. Some of the blurred ones are OK though...where Kim was dancing !
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 03:20 PM   #23
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Good times.
Old 06.28.2006, 04:33 PM   #24
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Good Times iNdeed, cool pics/post more as you can/it's good to see them. i was like 2 people deep in front of Lee, if that makes sense. I think Lee is the most entertaining to watch. That fuckin handheld doohickey noisemaker he had was wicked. He wove it like a broadsword or some goofy shit like that. I havn't been able to get over it at all. I must weild one as well.
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 04:47 PM   #25
renderful
empty page

renderful has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g
Good Times iNdeed, cool pics/post more as you can/it's good to see them. i was like 2 people deep in front of Lee, if that makes sense. I think Lee is the most entertaining to watch. That fuckin handheld doohickey noisemaker he had was wicked. He wove it like a broadsword or some goofy shit like that. I havn't been able to get over it at all. I must weild one as well.

I got video of Lee with his noisebox from the other side of the stage, I also got video of Thurston shoving his guitar up into the balcony and then into the crowd. I'll upload when I can. The noise they were making was nuts.
renderful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 04:48 PM   #26
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
Were you the one who kept yelling for them to play "JC"?
paco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 06:13 PM   #27
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco
Were you the one who kept yelling for them to play "JC"?

no, that wasn't me, that guy was to the right of me, he was a very enthusiastic boy, that's for damn sure
Old 06.29.2006, 11:10 AM   #28
renderful
empty page

renderful has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The guy next to me couldn't stop yelling Sugar Kane.
renderful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 01:12 PM   #29
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethuthinnang
Anyone from the forum going to this show? My fiance and I just moved to Boulder from New Orleans, so we don't know a soul in the area. If anyone wants to get ripped or not! before/after/at the show and make some cool friends in the area, pm, im, post, stalk!

Looking forward to an amazing setlist. Every night, the setlists get better and better.

Seems like I've been waiting for this show forever!

I've been to boulder on vacation. It's a fucking awesome place. I've done laundry in the.. laundry place.. across the street from Dennys by the highway. Bart's CD Shack is good too.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 01:45 PM   #30
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
http://jackie.renderful.com/2006/icon.php?d=./062706_sy
Old 06.29.2006, 02:25 PM   #31
matt g
bad moon rising

my friend took these pictures

Old 06.29.2006, 09:21 PM   #32
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by renderful
I got video of Lee with his noisebox from the other side of the stage, I also got video of Thurston shoving his guitar up into the balcony and then into the crowd. I'll upload when I can. The noise they were making was nuts.

http://jackie.renderful.com/movie/syP101002913.MOV

it's a pretty large file, but worth the wait. i'll zip it and the rest later.
Old 06.30.2006, 09:19 AM   #33
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
You can download the Denver show here:

http://cotapers.org/torrents.php?PHPSESSID=455e253bacfae7d1ed478b7e68c 62bf1
Old 06.30.2006, 11:11 AM   #34
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco

Hi paco

I have miserably slow dialup. I'm out here in rural South Park County, Colorado. Anyway, I was wondering...is this a fan recording ?...from the audience or a soundboard ? I hope I can find someone to download for me and do a trade. I talked to this guy with an analog/cassette setup right in the middle of the Gothic, he had his mics on stands. You may have seen him. He doesn't compute so I didn't even ask if he'd trade. So...on with it...I have some more pics to post

against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 11:35 AM   #35
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
actually, I haven't downloaded it yet so I can't comment on the quality
Old 06.30.2006, 12:45 PM   #36
poster72
empty page

poster72 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
all shows on cotapers are usually audience, and im sure this is the same. id bet on it

poster
poster72 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 01:58 PM   #37
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

awesome recording, paco!
Old 07.03.2006, 08:49 PM   #38
satirejohn
bad moon rising

satirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's asses
goddamn that setlist has both Tom Violence, Schizophrenia and Shaking Hell!! I would fucking die to here either.
satirejohn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 08:49 PM   #39
satirejohn
bad moon rising

satirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's asses
hear
satirejohn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 10:38 PM   #40
matt g
bad moon rising

Hey Fellow Coloradoans-
I know this is way off the subject, and not even in the right thread, but...
If yr not doing anything on the 4th of July, my band is playing the Larimer Lounge, i have comp tix and we are gonna get drunk and completely improvise, so let me know somehow, pm or something if you wanna go. We hit the stage at 3 pm, I think it starts at 1, i'll be standing outside smoking a lot. Smell ya later!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth