Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page two basses?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2006, 04:23 PM   #21
mattt74
empty page

mattt74 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I agree 100%. SY were really on to something with jim. nurse is a great album. haven't been moved like that since i first heard sister...kim still rocks anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I think Jim O'Rourke is a much more talented musician than Kim. It dissapointed me to hear that he left the band. I thought he really revitalized Sonic Youth and lead them into a very interesting new direction. Without him in the group, SY has kinda slipped. You can really hear the difference between Murray Street/Sonic Nurse and Rather Ripped. The fromer have stronger musical structures whereas Rather Ripped sounds a little underdeveloped and weak.
mattt74 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 06:20 PM   #22
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I think Jim O'Rourke is a much more talented musician than Kim. It dissapointed me to hear that he left the band. I thought he really revitalized Sonic Youth and lead them into a very interesting new direction. Without him in the group, SY has kinda slipped. You can really hear the difference between Murray Street/Sonic Nurse and Rather Ripped. The fromer have stronger musical structures whereas Rather Ripped sounds a little underdeveloped and weak.

I have the exact same opinion, but it's unpopumar to like a dude who wasn't in the band in the first place. I have yet to hear a recording as inspired as Sonic Nurse.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth