Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2015, 09:58 PM   #39341
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Which is why American literature was so slow to start. A book from England was imported, reprinted, sold dirt cheap, and Americans rejoiced at the near-free entertainment they were getting. Government regulations? Yes, at some point England said "Knock that shit off." After that, no surprise, American writing flourished.

The term "bootleg" comes from England too. People would go to a popular play, jot down the dialogue (they usually worked in teams) and sneak out with what they got, stuffed into their boots. Then, they printed and sold the goods. All legal, although friends of the theater might kick your ass if they spotted you.

Hence, the "bad" quartos of Shakespeare. Indeed, Shakespeare didn't want his plays printed at all, but gave in sometimes to roadblock bootleggers. He didn't want them printed because there was no such thing as performance royalties at the time. If you got your hands on the dialogue to Hamlet and put it on, Willie didn't get jack.

Once upon a time the concept of "intellectual property" didn't exist. I'm not sure it was paradise.
the precedent for the intellectual regulation was in the feudal trade guilds and craft licenses.. the crown regulated "manufacturing" by only issuing licenses to certain groups or individuals. These charters and patents were enforced through capital punishment no less! As with feudal land tenure, royal trade and manufacturing protected Imperial taxes and revenues.. these were after the printing press extended to written properties. Indeed remember Shakespeare wrote for the royal company, that is why the Crown protected his property. "Bootleg" copies weren't for popular reading they were the 17th century equivalent of dvd piracy.. they would be illegally performed in theaters that didn't pay the royal licensing fees and taxes

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2015, 11:01 PM   #39342
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
has anyone heard the new Luke Bryan? it's like he be rapping wid a chicken wang inbetween that white boi lip.

i met his father two years ago doing floors and he's a fat white redneck racist honky. talkin, nigger this and nigga that. im pretty sure this Luke has a terrible view of the world just like his beer belly poppy.

corn feed, racist bread to the bone.

'tare it up, ride my pickup to the end of Alabama. no gays there just good ol jesus wit a six pack waiting to do my thang wit dat good ol hail marry , mang, to fro and what not. guurl, do that little country bumpkin dance on my hood. i luu dat lil hip hop and jagger. lil skinard and you know i luuu dat Hank too.

herrrr or therrr. anywherrr but hurrrrr guurl. life is a highway. the most lameass suck my peckerwood country boy music. yep, dat me, guud 'ol Luke Bryan. ridin jon deer tractors and huffin peanuts and cottin.

if you want to be tortured, you have to hear this guy. he's hot shit in bro country/ country music.

bro country is like if you add Matchbox 20, sheryl crow, and third eye blind together with an accent and hip hop.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2015, 02:04 AM   #39343
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
it's proof that majority of americans are listening to Luke Bryan and Florida/Georgia line. that's a fact. even in new York they are listening......I mean listening to Luke Bryan and the like. Luke Bryan makes me want to get raped and live in prison. Luke Bryan!!!!!! the fucker's name is Luke Bryan and his poppa is racist and you'll have a republican for a pres in two years. mark my words.

you should be scared. really scared. fuck isis and itunes.

I mean really really really scared.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2015, 11:54 AM   #39344
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i fucking hate to be hooked on caffeine

when it's completely out of my system i am fine, calm, peaceful, etc. maybe it can get a little sluggish some days but nothing out of hand.

and then, i have a little tea, and then i up to coffee, and then it feels great, but the day i don't have a coffee i feel LIKE FUCKING SHIT.

i gotta swear off the stuff at some point this summer. it's the fucking pits.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2015, 01:00 PM   #39345
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Coffee is a magical elixir.. it is my "Everything Gon Be Alright" potion.. i rarely get "wired" instead i get a mild euphoria and sense of "zen"... then within an hour i realize the added energy to get the day done...

I can't teach without coffee, kids would eat me alive. Have a cup before work, at snack break, and if one "of those days" one at lunch..

Initially i tried to fight coffee, tried to muscle through it.. then i conceded defeat. Not in my 20s anymore, energy levels and enthusiasm not what they were.. mandatory coffee in morning and beer in evening and that is that fuck the bullshit

Old 07.10.2015, 01:29 PM   #39346
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Coffee is a magical elixir.. it is my "Everything Gon Be Alright" potion.. i rarely get "wired" instead i get a mild euphoria and sense of "zen"... then within an hour i realize the added energy to get the day done...

it's the same thing for me, everything delicious, no "nerves", but the thing is, just ONE morning without, and it's like my dog got shot. horrible.

this morning i delayed till 1030 am and fuck, it was like agent smith was reaching through my sternum and squeezing with the grip of death

this dependency is like being a goddamn cokehead-- not a party cokehead, but a chronic one
Old 07.10.2015, 01:40 PM   #39347
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, both before 10 AM. the caffeine headaches are terrible if I do not.

It was far worse when I quit smoking cigs. the nicotine/caffeine combo is a motherfucker to get over.
Old 07.10.2015, 01:58 PM   #39348
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, both before 10 AM. the caffeine headaches are terrible if I do not.

It was far worse when I quit smoking cigs. the nicotine/caffeine combo is a motherfucker to get over.

YES. i had today's coffee with an emergency cigarette for a boost.

(i keep a pack of cigs around for *very stressful times*-- fortunately i'm not a habitual smoker anymore)

nicotine/caffeine is more potent than zoloft
Old 07.10.2015, 01:59 PM   #39349
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I know what you mean.. even today i HAD to have some coffee or i would have been lethargic the whole day...

I think the body gets used to caffeine boost, gets lazy.. plus caffeine acts on same dopamine receptors as nicotine...

!@#$! be careful now, "recreational smoking" is playing with fire...

Old 07.10.2015, 02:00 PM   #39350
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

3 easy readings on markets & rules

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=13

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-m...b_3436714.html

http://www.neweconomyworkinggroup.or...y/market-rules

(i can't stick around to argue them today, just presenting a more coherent version of what i'm trying to say)
Old 07.10.2015, 02:09 PM   #39351
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

This is semantics.. i forgot sometimes that English isn't your first language..

Again there are no "natural rules" to a market or economy, just natural principles which are based on cause/effect realities..

All "rules" by very definition are artificial Human creations to adjust for the reality that markets have no inherent "rules" but human behavior must be governed because humans LOVE to violate natural principles.. its the moral of Adam and Eve story, humans make bad decisions when left unregulated.. (see "The Gilded Age" or "Reaganomics")

Old 07.10.2015, 02:21 PM   #39352
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
This is semantics.. i forgot sometimes that English isn't your first language..
that's a funny putdown but i didn't mean that i can't write well-- i've made money writing in english and been published in "famous" websites, so i think i'm pretty damn good at writing. being a second-language speaker only prodded me to study english, so i have a better grasp of grammar and vocabulary than most people.

i do have problems with idioms sometimes though-- those you learn situationally. and certain slang terms. but standard or academic terms like "markets" and "rules" are no problem.

all i meant by "more coherent version" was that i didn't have the time and energy to research and compose an
essay. so there you have 3 articles doing that-- explaining how rules create markets. google is great.

rules create markets!

alright, happy fridays.
Old 07.10.2015, 02:30 PM   #39353
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
actual markets are one thing. speculative markets? That shit is straight gambling, ad only the house wins.
Old 07.10.2015, 02:34 PM   #39354
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

It wasn't intended as a put down or insult at all! Why so defensive? You been jumpy lately..

Our discussion is indeed entirely semantics on the definition of "rule".. i know EXACTLY what you are trying to say but your argument is misplaced by your wrong use of the concept of "rules" vs the idea of inherent "principles"

Again rules are by every definition artificially imposed, they are not naturally inherent to markets no matter how many times you repeat yourself

Old 07.10.2015, 02:38 PM   #39355
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
3 easy readings on markets & rules

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=13
This article is about how government regulation is necessary and how there are no natural rules to markets..

Quote:
One of the most common and misleading economic myths in the United States is the idea that the free market is “natural” – that it exists in some natural world, separate from government.
This article reviews the very point i made about ancient governments creating regulations and written law codes to protect their markets and revenues
This article entirely prooves MY POINT by explaining how regulation works..

Maybe google is your friend but clearly not semantics

This is a semantics debate not polemics, why are YOU being the mule head here? You aren't proving your own point about rules somehow being inherent to markets, indeed all your evidence disproved that claim...
Now i UNDERSTAND what you are TRYING to say,but you keep misusing the idea of "rule" vs "principles"

Old 07.10.2015, 03:28 PM   #39356
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I've worked nights (11pm - 7am) for the past 25 years and I've had two cups of coffee during this time......until this past Sunday, it was also close to the number of beers I've had during the same time period.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2015, 07:36 AM   #39357
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Just curious about something. I never knew quite how this works. If you get too many neg rep points, can you be banned from the site? I'm a little worried, because Genteel Death keeps neg repping me.
Old 07.12.2015, 10:24 AM   #39358
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
Yes you will be automatically banned.
Old 07.12.2015, 12:53 PM   #39359
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Good to know, thanks. I think I better stop posting here then.
Old 07.12.2015, 02:52 PM   #39360
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
im fucking with you gramps.

neg rep means nothing, you can go to member list and sort users by rep and your pos rep will rank you, and thats ALL IT DOES.
1468186819181958196519661967 1968 196919701971197820182068 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth