Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Any Gun Club fans here?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2006, 05:24 AM   #1
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
I have been a fan nearly two years now, and I aint getting tired of their country/blues punk rock. I am hoping for more re-issues of their album, cuz some of them are out of print and hard to find. One of the best bands that sprung out of the US in the 80s.

Any other who feel the same?
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 05:25 AM   #2
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Kim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the rough
I have one of their discs. "She's like heroin to me" and "Sexbeat" got me into them.
Kim C Not G is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 05:28 AM   #3
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, those are amazing. I assume you got The Fire Of Love album. Am I right?
Old 05.11.2006, 05:34 AM   #4
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a fan, Fire of Love is the only one I have and its awesome.

For the Love of Ivy is my favourite song off it at the moment.
Old 05.11.2006, 05:37 AM   #5
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

Yeah. It was Fire Of Love that really got hooked. I randomly bougth Fire Of Love in a second hand store, and i was completley blown away. I got most of their albums now, and they're all more or less fucking great.
Old 05.11.2006, 05:43 AM   #6
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Kim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the rough
Yes Fire of Love seems to be the common album. For the Love of Ivy, I completely forgot! I haven't listened to them in so long, I'll probably pull out the disc today because you reminded me of how good it is.
Old 05.11.2006, 05:50 AM   #7
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

That's cool Kim been thinking of checking out other albums by the club?
Old 05.11.2006, 01:04 PM   #8
Flen flyys
little trouble girl

Flen flyys has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, thanks to Mark Lanegan. He did a cover of 'Carry Home' so I bought the record 'Miami' and I wasn't dissapointed.
Old 05.11.2006, 01:06 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE

i really need to check more by them.

has anyone read jeffrey lee pierce's book?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 01:20 PM   #10
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
yea fire of love is a classic. I love their blend of blues and punk. The record just perfectly fits the mood of summer."fire spirit" is one of my favorite tracks off it.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 02:11 PM   #11
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I dig fire of love. Found the cassette at a thrift store.

I posted an mp3 of Jeffrey Lee Pierce playing I wanna be yr dog with sy in 82 a little while back.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 02:18 PM   #12
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

I know this is off topic but does anyone else notice that "Fire of Love" is apart of Slash Records? The Misfits, X, The Germs, Violent Femmes, (and I maybe be wrong) but at one point wasn't Sonic Youth on it too? I'm not sure about SY, could anyone clarify this? Also, does anyone have any information of Slash Records as a whole ? I find they have a lot of good bands on their label.
Old 05.11.2006, 02:32 PM   #13
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE
FIRE OF LOVE

i really need to check more by them.

has anyone read jeffrey lee pierce's book?

yeah man, you should check out more by them. try miami, the las vegas story, or mother juno. they're all great records that are easy to get hold on, since they just been re-issued by symphaty for the record industry.

Ah, i'd love to have that book. But it's out of print like hell. If yr really lucky maybe you can find it a junk shop or off e-bay.
Old 05.11.2006, 02:42 PM   #14
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I dig fire of love. Found the cassette at a thrift store.

I posted an mp3 of Jeffrey Lee Pierce playing I wanna be yr dog with sy in 82 a little while back.

So there is a Gun Club and SY connection? That's quite awsome. Thanks for the knowledge you're sharing man
Old 05.11.2006, 02:46 PM   #15
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim C Not G
I know this is off topic but does anyone else notice that "Fire of Love" is apart of Slash Records? The Misfits, X, The Germs, Violent Femmes, (and I maybe be wrong) but at one point wasn't Sonic Youth on it too? I'm not sure about SY, could anyone clarify this? Also, does anyone have any information of Slash Records as a whole ? I find they have a lot of good bands on their label.

I'd love to help you out here, but i don't know that much about it. other than that Slash was first a fanzine that had their own label. Then the fanzine was put down, but the label kept going on.
Old 05.11.2006, 03:24 PM   #16
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
slash the label became a fancy subsidiary name for warner bros. with nothing to do with the people who originally started it.
Old 05.11.2006, 03:27 PM   #17
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Ah so they basically stole the name and left the people who created the idea high and dry eh? Sad, but that seems like the majority of music business. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 05.11.2006, 03:33 PM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim C Not G
Ah so they basically stole the name and left the people who created the idea high and dry eh? Sad, but that seems like the majority of music business. Anyway, thanks for the info.

they originally signed a distribution deal with wb because they couldn't keep up with the demand and wanted to keep all their titles in print. that was in 1982; sometimes later on the 80's when most of their roster were broken up, they gave the name up.

i think they got it back in the 90's and made a deal with rhino to help them reissue some of their catalog.
Old 05.11.2006, 07:35 PM   #19
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonBox
So there is a Gun Club and SY connection? That's quite awsome. Thanks for the knowledge you're sharing man
I can post it again for those who didn't hear it.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:54 PM   #20
timpickens
empty page

timpickens has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I can't say enough good things about this band to fit in to my anus but then again it's him who's the biased one TARTHAHRAHARHARHAR yeah

Death Party = Awesome

Las Vegas Story = Defenitly one of my favorite albums of all time
timpickens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth