Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page FREE KITTEN - Unboxed LP vs CD
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
another one of those kicking myself in the ass for getting rid of certain lp's from back in the 90's and regretting it later when i found this out

the album was from england on wijija records (or something like that)
the cd was from australia on pearl necklace

why is it that the album has more songs then the cd?
i kinda wish i knew about this when i wasnt to eager to get a friend of mine to get me a copy of it on cd on epay. and pay for it did i. its a good example of too much money and i want it. i ended up shelling out something like $40 after all was said and done for it, just to find out that the cd had less songs then the album.

what a bummer that that happened
just glad i still had a somewhat mix tape with some songs not on the cd. and sure went good with Bratmobile & The Tourettes and a pile of other rito grrl bands that my grrlfriend at the time got me into (bless her heart)

and i'm guessing that there aint going to any chance of the lp version being reissued again is there?
for the amount of out of print material the entire band is sitting on
why is it that we can't get any of it anymore?
that kinda sucks, because i hate to feed my habits when the band aint being compinsated for it. which is also the main reason why i like buying albums of bands at shows and not at record stores (unless its a band there aint no way in hell i'm planning on seeing at all, ever)

here's one of those songs not on my cd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKPFn53_Pc
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
A vinyl copy is not terribly expensive on Discogs.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...=1022579&ev=rb
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
interesting. figured it'd be a shitload
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth