Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page favorite weasel walter bands...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2008, 07:25 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
other than the flying luttenbachers.

weasel walter has gotta be up there among my biggest musical heroes, beefheart, sun ra, xenakis, whatever. hes one of the most talented and versatile musicians around. proficient at drums, sax, bass, guitars, and proly a buncha other shit im forgetting or ignorant about. not to mention, hes played so much fuckin different styles of music; neo no wave, brutal prog, free jazz, free improvisation, hardcore punk rock, black metal, grindcore, death metal, shit, a bucna others too. also, he has the gift of taste. i was just lookin at his myspace page, his list of influences is damn close to mine. he just seems to be a real cool, down to earth guy. in his interviews he alwayys seems friendly, funny, and willing to talk music.
anyways, this is kinda a weasel appreciation thread. so my fave weasel bands other than the luttenbachers are:

7000 dying rats
burmese
to live and shave in la 2 (he played in to live and shave in la 1 ad well, but im not sure if he was an official member)
hatewave
lake of dracula
xbxrx
weasel walter quartet
contradiction
lair of the minotaur

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 08:51 PM   #2
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
lake of dracula
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth