Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Qui
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2007, 08:10 AM   #1
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
What do you think about them.

I really dig their new lp with David Yow (Scratch Acid/Jesus Lizard) who's now joining them.
We booked him for December and already got the promo disc (the new lp is coming out end of August).

Qui's "pre Yow" stuff is great too, but not that haunting.

What do you sonic girls'n'boys think?
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2007, 12:54 PM   #2
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
I think it bores me so far, but I need to give it more of a listen. Some of the vocals are stand outs but the music wasn't doing much at first listen. I guess I just wanted to hear more Jesus Lizard in it and more guitar.
cellscape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2007, 04:23 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah. it's pretty good, just kinda bores me.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 08:51 AM   #4
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
really?

It doesn't bore me at all.

well,
opinions are like......
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Thomas Moronic
bad moon rising

Thomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I really like the album. It works a lot better live though. I saw them play at the Supersonic Festival a few weeks back and they were great. In between songs, David Yow kept asking if anyone knew where his passport was.

"If the person who I gave my passport to last night is in here - PLEASE - give it back! I'm not even joking! I need it back ... otherwise I'm gonna be stuck in your pathetic little country forever ..."

Thomas Moronic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 03:32 PM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
uhhh, i liked that song on their myspace they previewed, i liked the techie guitar they did.

now that i heard the whole album it's kinda...meh; i mean it's good, i like it because i miss yow but, it's like they are trying to be jesus lizard too badly and they can't really be, the guitar player tries to pull duane denison riffs but they don't flow, or they try to make denison-style riffs the rhythm basis of the song when the lizard was always ws sims' bass lines that were the riffs and duane's guitar was the coloring, it's kinda screwy.

another thing that threw me out of the loop was that yow's vocals were upfront and that's such a shock, but the real shocker is that dude can actually sing. um, i think it's a good album but not that satisfying; had the band gone out on the vein of that song with the ian williams-like riff, it would be way better.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 01:17 AM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, everyneurotic as usual taking the words out of my mouth. I always felt like Yow was a good singer (he proved it on a few Blue tracks even if that album wasn't the best)... I still prefer when he shoves his mic down his throat and he's mixed a bit lower.. Qui's not bad at ALL, just.. you know, I love Yow, I love Ipecac and I've heard everything they release.. so I guess I just expected them to put out a better-quality album than this. Expectations are a bitch.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth