Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Angel #1 (Short Story)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.27.2007, 11:20 PM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am a little boy, I am seven and this is my story. Today I came home from my mother's funeral. And i am tired, I want to watch t.v. But my aunt is really tired and sad. I feel tired, they woke me up at seven on a saturday, who does that? I wanted to sleep more than the hours I had. Yesterday my aunt was all upset, I still can not feel the same as she did. Am I wrong?

So yesterday my aunt was talking to some older lady, I don't know who she was. All I heard from the hallway where I was standing.

"What about the boy?" Said the old lady, who looked like a witch.
"Oh I am stressed about that, I don't know. I have never had any kids. I don't know if I want to care for him, as I am always working and who will take care of him?"
"Oh I see."
"But I don't want to give him to a foster home. I have heard horrible stories about those places, and I just don't think I want to put him through so much crap like that."
"What about his father?"
"He left them last year, and he said he did not want any part of this child's life. Because he has another family to tend to."
"The bastard."
"I know, oh I feel so terrible. I hate my sister for what she did, not thinking of her only child."

I could not hear anymore, because I hate when people talk about me, and won't let me have something to say. So I went to the living room, and started watching t.v. I saw this news about a boy who had been kidnapped, and somehow was later found with its legs missing, and I think his hands as well. His parents looked oh so sad, it made me think if i should be sad as well.

"Oh! mommy, why did I find you like that in your shower. Why did your dreams come true, like you said in your diary. But I am happy that you are happy, hope you come back soon for me. I heard aunt Mary, that my father doesn't want me. I don't think my aunt Mary likes me too. Hopefully god gives you some medicine so you can feel better." I said that to myself as I looked outside the window, so many strangers.

My aunt lives in the not so nice side of town. I saw this one guy just shake the hand of another without saying a word, and walking away. Then he put his hands in his pocket. Maybe it was a letter, or some money he owed the guy. Another thing I saw was two guys smoking, and when the police came by they took off running. I thought that was funny, why would you run away from the police, they only arrest criminals. Then there were some men in the alley, who looked they were injecting themselves with something. Then this made me laugh so hard, they fell asleep. My aunt came out, and asked me why I was laughing.

"Oh aunt those men out there fell asleep in the alley, it is a funny neighborhood you live. When my mom said you live in the bad side of town, I thought she meant it did not have nice places to go. But this places seems nice, it has funny people doing funny things."
She just looked at me, smiled then started crying really hard. That made me sad, then I started to cry, because I felt I made her cry.

"Oh aunt I am sorry if I made you cry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I was rubbing my eyes.
She came to me and hugged me, I saw the old lady behind her, and she had a tears in her eyes. I started to cry more, because I felt I had made her cry.

"Oh Danny, you did not make me cry, it was your mom, she made me cry. because she is gone. She is gone, and I won't ever see my sister again. I won't see your mommy again. You are going to fine, here with me. You will. I love you Danny, and I want you to know that I will always be here for you. Oh Danny don't cry, you did not made me cry. You made me happy."
"Aunt I am sorry mommy died, I am sorry I found her hanging from the shower head, also I am sorry my dad don't want me. And I have to stay here."
"Oh Danny don't say things like that, I love you so much."

She started to kiss me. She looked at the wall, and said to me. "Well it is getting late you should go to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow."
"Do we have to?"
She nodded yes. She brought covers and put me on the sofa, and she turned off the t.v. She then said goodbye to the old lady.

She gave me a kiss on the forehead, and went to her room.

today she woke me up at seven. We had breakfast, she made me some pancakes, I had never had any homemade pancakes, they were always from McDonalds. She bought me yesterday a black suit to wear. I thought it silly to wear black. I wanted to wear something very comfortable. My blue shoes that have lights, my jeans, my blue jacket that my mom gave me last year for my birthday. It is my favorite. And the red cap my friend Jimmy gave me, he had bought a new one. I liked it cause it was my first hat. I wanted to go dressed like that, but my aunt said it was not appropriate. I think it should not matter if I go dressed the way I want to.

At the funeral, there was me and my aunt and some other people my mom knew, and my aunt knew. They kept patting me on the shoulder and saying things like;
"Oh your mother is in a nice place."
"You mommy has gone with the angels."
"Are you feeling okay, you know it is fine to cry." I don't want to cry. I just wanted the day to be over.
"Cheer up pal just think that your mom is with god now."

I wanted to scream, they were getting me mad. I got so mad I started crying, all I wanted was for today to be over. When they were putting her in the ground, they made me pick up some dirt and throw it in the hole. I felt dirty picking up the dirt. I threw it, when I did that my aunt started to cry. I went up to her and hugged her. After what seemed like an eternity, we came home. And here we are.

My aunt is in her couch just silent, and I am here writing in this book my aunt bought me today. She said to me when she gave it to me; "Your mom used to love to write, and I want you to be like her and write, but you must first write your thoughts. And this is where you are going to place your thoughts. Also on the first page there is a poem your mother wrote after you were born. I wrote it down, because I want you to know she really loved you, although she went the way she did. She really loved you." She was crying, but not as hard anymore.

I opened to the first page and there it was the poem.

In the room were time is gone,
There lies a child with wings,
He gives me glances,
He suckles on my breast,
And he fills my heart with angelic dreams,
He tells me through his eyes what kind of life it will be with him,
That there is heaven,
And he is taking me there with his angel wings,
I am gone now, he is taking me home.

For the first time since she went away, I started to cry for my mom.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth