Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What's your camera?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.20.2007, 01:20 PM   #21
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I bought a Canon EOS 400D.
What lead me to it was that it could be used manually, which is quite good when you're used to old cameras and you like to focus on something that ain't centered (even though this can be done with the auto focus, but you have to move a little...).
Good range of sensibility, from 100 to 1200 ISO, that keeps me having from the flashlight.
There's a function that can be used to shoot several times in a short while - that was one of the main attraction since my neighbour's cat is rather lively. Couple that with a short time of exposure, you'll avoid blurred movements.
Pictures might be too dark, but they give away programs to rework you photos.

One problem I've encountered is, using the auto focus, slightly blurred eyes when the lights are a bit dim (past 10 p.m., with friends).

It's a rather small camera. If you're a giant with huge hands, it might feel uncomfortable.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 06:24 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I'm looking at getting a new camera soon, and I'm interested to hear what other people use, and whether they like what they use. So, tell me, what's your camera, what do you like about it, and what do you dislike?

I'm going to be getting a digital camera, but if your camera is a 35mm or whatever, don't let that stop you from posting.

i havent read the rest of this thread but

i have a nikon d70s. takes nice pictures. i charge $30-50 a shot-- i'm not, by far, any kind of richard avedon, but the camera has paid for itself already, i think, photographing sandwiches and various landscapes and buildings. i rarely use it for personal things as it's quite bulky & all.

now there's a new ultra-affordable new D40 i think, you may wanna look into it.

emmah was planning to get herself one. she works in a camera shop and at the tender age of 17 she's already, together with mademoiselle angella, one of our resident photo magicians.

ask her...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 06:49 PM   #23
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I shoot digitally with a must be replaced 2003 Fuji Fine Pix. A dinosaur in the digital world.

Film I do with my Holga, which I love, though it sometimes twarts my intentions and overrules with it's own. Of course that's what makes it what it is.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 09:58 PM   #24
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Another is my Polaroid camera that I found sitting in it's packaging, unopened, in a store closet in my dad's workplace. Of course I took it home. I've never bought any film for it though, I'm not made of money.

We have a polaroid camera too. It's ace. On ly thing is polaroid film is kinda expensive and sometimes hard to come by.
Old 07.20.2007, 10:22 PM   #25
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
i'm getting a Leica D-LUX 3 this November (if another doesn't catch my attention until then)
it's one of the best point and shoots out right now.
totally worth the money. the photos look beautiful and it shoots in 3:2, 4:3 and even 16:9
the images are a little noisy over ISO 200, but a great camera nonetheless.

i had a old Sony Cybershot since 2003 and it was so great for a cheap 200 dollar camera.
i took many great photos with it and loved it but it got screwed. and then i got the Rebel XT last year or two years ago and half liked it, half didn't like it.
i eventually got a refund and bought a Telecaster Deluxe instead.
the M8 is out of the question. i don't have that kind of money. but boy would that be a beauty to own.
but yeah.. i'm thinking of getting that Leica. the shots it takes look just as a good as any 10mp dslr.

check out some photos here
dpreview here

Sample photos:

lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 12:32 AM   #26
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2007, 12:51 PM   #27
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
I totally agree with !@#$%!. I have a D40 and it's wonderful but it is bulky. A few friends of mine just got D40s, they're really nice. Smaller, bigger screen.

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2007, 03:14 PM   #28
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i have a Nikon D70S digital camera, an old Canon A1, and two very different Polaroid cameras.

i'm going to buy nikon d50 and some old 35mm single-lens camera (maybe some pentax..). i would be glad if you'd recommend me some lens camera*

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth