Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What's This Called? for 11/7/2007!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.17.2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
It's that time of week again! Time for What's This Called? with your exuberant host Ricardo Wang bringing an eclectic mix of eclecticisms from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (exactly 12 hours later for the Armenian listeners!), Saturday November 17th, on KPSU!

As always STREAMING AUDIO RIGHT HERE!

and for the internet challenged...

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
98.1 FM on the Portland State University campus

On Tap: John Coltrane, George & Caplin, Lungfish, Kraftwerk, Eric Dahlman, Andrew Liles, Sonic Youth, and Strings of Consciousness!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
So it looks like one of those mornings when the people here last night locked me out of the production studio. Since I can't do the production I came here early to do, it looks like I'll be doing a two hour show instead.

The good news is the reissue of Marquee Moon (with rare bonus tracks!) miraculously appeared.

I'll be on in 15 Minutes!
Old 11.22.2007, 03:26 AM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Playlist for What's This Called? with Ricardo Wang for Saturday, November 17th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (with an unarchived Pre-Game Show from 11 AM to Noon) on KPSU.

DOWNLOAD PROGRAM OR PLAY STREAM HERE!
Note: the first hour "Pre-Game Show" is sadly not available in the archive.

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
98.1 FM on the Portland State University campus

Artist - Song/Track - Album - Recording Label

Television - "Little Johnny Jewel (Parts 1 & 2)" - Marquee Moon - Rhino
John Coltrane - "Saturn" - Interstellar Space - Impulse
Tabuh Jagra Winungu - "Gamelan Jegog Werdi Sentana" - Between Heaven And Earth (Traditional Gamelan Music Of Bali) - Nascente
Sonic Youth - "Society is a Hole" - Bad Moon Rising - Homestead
Edward Ka-Spel - "The 9oClck Train to Oblivion" - Dream Logick Part One - Beta-lactam Ring Records
Coil - "The Wheel" - The Wheel and Keelhauler" - Threshold House
Kraftwerk - "Radioactivity" - Radio-activity - Capitol
Lungfish - "Hallucinatorium" - The Unanimous Hour - Dischord
George & Caplin - "Bluff Lake Forgotten" - He Really Got Through to Advertising... - Beta-lactam Ring Records
Shalloboi - "Surprise, Surprise" - Learning How to Crawl - Endless December
Eric Dahlman - "Medicine" - Ripped Echo - Space Walrus
Andrew Liles - "The Fat King and the Lean Beggar" - Black Pool - Beta-lactam Ring
Volume Ghost - "The Next Thing You Know is What I'm About to Tell You" - Crackhouse is a Name You Can Trust - Ergot Mfg.
Dr. Samuel Hoffman - "Theremin Solo" - Brain in a Box - Rhino
The Late Severa Wires - "Live at Olympia Experimental Music Festival" - mp3 - indie

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth