Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page HawHaw James
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.12.2008, 02:36 PM   #1
sarramkrop

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!

HawHawJames isn't a professional clown-- he's a painter, artist, and (according to his bio) a drag queen and born again Christian. All that's unimportant, though, because I think his latest project is delightful.

He's been doing some amazing trompe l'oeil's, using his face as a canvas, and then photographing the results. These self-portraits are witty, clever, and very well done.

I've posted a few of them below-- but you should check out his whole collection on Flickr. These are portraits of his own face, and he's got a whole bunch of other interesting ones.

In clown work, we talk a lot about visual inventiveness- here it is in spades!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 02:38 PM   #2
sarramkrop

I am not a photographer, but i take alot of photo's! My camera is a Canon Powershot A610 5.0 Mega Pixels, and i love it!!! I am an artist, drag queen, former nudist, born again Christian, average 46 year old guy...well maybe not exactly average! I love to paint on anything, including flesh! Mostly i paint images from the bible in a style i call "Paint Mosaic" a collage style made up of painted watercolor paper, cut up and assembled onto canvas. Currently i am having fun making photographic self portrait's, involving face painting. Face paint is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in a long while! I believe it may have magical powers! My "normal" painting has taken a back seat to my face work lately. For my face paints, i use Kryolan Aqua Color, Snazaroo, and Paradise by Mehron. I attended BurningMan in Nevada three years in a row and it was amazing!!! www.burningman.com I believe it completeIy changed the way i think about art and perhaps the purpose for which i even make art. Art should never be a product. It should be a gift of love and a prayer. Art is silly, and fun, and can be powerful and sacred. I do show in galleries, but selling should never be your motivation for creating art. . Check out my websites www.bibleartwork.com and www.myspace.com/jameskuhngallery . I attend a gay affirming church and its great! Jesus died for EVERYONE! I am not a gay Christian, i am a Christian [ in progress! Gods not finished with me yet! ] who happens to be gay.I'm Male and Single.
http://www.myspace.com/hawhawjamesworld
less than 2000 people., u.s.a.

http://www.flickr.com/people/hawhawjames/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 02:51 PM   #3
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
wow, that's awesome!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
The Tweety is the best of the group.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 02:56 PM   #5
sarramkrop

check out the vid on his flickr page.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 03:59 PM   #6
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i love this. thanks for posting!

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 06:54 PM   #7
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
lol, that's funny stuff. i like clowns, especially scary/creepy looking ones

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 08:02 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm tempted to become a Quaker, just for people like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 08:14 PM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Amazing. The Phantom of the Opera was striking.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2008, 04:39 AM   #10
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

The top left one looks very much like Robert Smith.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth