Reload this Page SY Zenith - Paris
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.18.2006, 12:08 PM   #101
l01c
empty page

l01c has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
where you guys part of the pack which decended on the metro at the end of the show?
it was such a surreal experience for me, a train full of hundreds of sonic youth fans, and i come from a place where i am the only person really into them out of 90,000 (to my knowlege).
it was a streamxsonic subway for sure,

Yeah, of course, filling up the metro station right after a Zenith concert is part of the experience.

Feel the slow advance of the queue
Feel the despair of those whose ticket doesn't work
Feel the sour worries in the air: will there be enough room in the next train for all of us ?
Read the screens advising about an incident which disturbed the traffic a few minutes ago
Hear the subliminal messages : "Please move to the end of the plateform !"
Listen to the immense sigh of relief from the whole crowd as they see the train arriving almost empty and everybody gets in
Feel the smells - sweat, heated bodies, radiating smiles...
Hear the post-concertum conversations "It wasn't as good as the last time we saw them..."
Scan the crowd trying to recognize people from the pit and wondering if those guys were actually at the concert at all because they don't look like the one you saw there - until you realize they were actually not in the pit but sitting in the rows
Listen to the silence of those who were screaming their lungs out a few minutes ago trying to get a third encore - they actually lost their voice
See most of that crowd get off 5 stations later at Gare Du Nord, and normal people coming in
Experience their gaze wondering if you're a bum under the influence with your bad smell, your torn T-shirt, your thrashed clothes, your humid hair and your empty gaze
Feel the pain in your bones as the journey lingers on with you sitting on that unconfortable bunk and cursing yourself because you didn't pause for a drink while getting out and you're thirsty as hell

I love going to concerts.
l01c is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 12:12 PM   #102
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by l01c
Yeah, of course, filling up the metro station right after a Zenith concert is part of the experience.

Feel the slow advance of the queue
Feel the despair of those whose ticket doesn't work
Feel the sour worries in the air: will there be enough room in the next train for all of us ?
Read the screens advising about an incident which disturbed the traffic a few minutes ago
Hear the subliminal messages : "Please move to the end of the plateform !"
Listen to the immense sigh of relief from the whole crowd as they see the train arriving almost empty and everybody gets in
Feel the smells - sweat, heated bodies, radiating smiles...
Hear the post-concertum conversations "It wasn't as good as the last time we saw them..."
Scan the crowd trying to recognize people from the pit and wondering if those guys were actually at the concert at all because they don't look like the one you saw there - until you realize they were actually not in the pit but sitting in the rows
Listen to the silence of those who were screaming their lungs out a few minutes ago trying to get a third encore - they actually lost their voice
See most of that crowd get off 5 stations later at Gare Du Nord, and normal people coming in
Experience their gaze wondering if you're a bum under the influence with your bad smell, your torn T-shirt, your thrashed clothes, your humid hair and your empty gaze
Feel the pain in your bones as the journey lingers on with you sitting on that unconfortable bunk and cursing yourself because you didn't pause for a drink while getting out and you're thirsty as hell

I love going to concerts.
that has basically summed it up!
i enjoyed reading that .
this was me:
"Experience their gaze wondering if you're a bum under the influence with your bad smell, your torn T-shirt, your thrashed clothes, your humid hair and your empty gaze".
all soniked out me
Old 12.18.2006, 04:04 PM   #103
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
what was lee doing solo at the 2 dollar guitar gig the following day? something from drift?

just an improv. basicly just noise. ive got some photos. will post them up soon.
there was a guy next to me filming the whooooole thing.
if youre reading this pls contact me man!

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 04:22 PM   #104
8=======================D
little trouble girl

8=======================D has a little rock under that right nostril
gigs of following day at the Point FMR were great. i just saw 2 Dollar Guitars and Awesome colors and they are both amazing, AC had much energy and they were lucky to play one song with Lee, even if Lee don't know what to do.
unfortunately i lost lee's solo because of a shitty kebab.
8=======================D is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 04:28 PM   #105
8=======================D
little trouble girl

8=======================D has a little rock under that right nostril
ah, my friend filmed some songs of 2 dollars and awesome color, even when they played with lee.
i hope he'll upload soon,then i post the link.
8=======================D is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 05:55 PM   #106
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cool.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 06:36 AM   #107
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
wich one of the two audience recordings is better?

Old 12.24.2006, 06:43 AM   #108
Bal
the end of the ugly

here you go.
xmas present
a pic of lee from his solo performance

Old 12.24.2006, 06:26 PM   #109
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
i'll post mine tomorrow (lee, 2 dollar guitar and awesome color)
happy christmas!!!
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2006, 06:21 AM   #110
Bal
the end of the ugly

were you there sergio?
we should have met!
there was a guy filming the whooooole thing just right next to me. someone must know him from here! he should share his fotage!!! he told me he would send me the whole thing but i havent heard about him since! man if you read this im that guy from budapest i gave you my email addy pls contact me!
anyways
here are some more pics.
marry christmas everyone!

Old 12.25.2006, 06:24 AM   #111
Bal
the end of the ugly

and some more

Old 12.25.2006, 06:26 AM   #112
Bal
the end of the ugly

i could not make more pics cause my camera run out of power.. i was soooo pisssssed!
paris why are you so beautiful? (i had been taking pics all over the city b4)

Old 12.25.2006, 06:35 AM   #113
Bal
the end of the ugly

oh i found one more pic that is worth posting

that is awesome color and that blur blue thing on the right of the drummer is Lee but he can not be recognised.

Old 12.25.2006, 12:42 PM   #114
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
aaaargh
yes, we were very near!!!!!
sorry :S
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2006, 02:47 PM   #115
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
GOOD SHOTS! I took some picture too, here the link: http://www.sonicurbs.com/photos/paris/paris.html

about the videos that our friend caught during the shows of Nels Cline, SY and the others there are some problems but maybe we'll able to shere them here. have fun!

Old 12.27.2006, 02:55 PM   #116
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
great shots of nels!
that was a great show, shame so few people turned up for it but it is a great little venue.
were you the guys who took the picture of the cat pawing against the window by any chance?
Old 12.27.2006, 03:10 PM   #117
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
he is the cat! you were the guy with blonde hair right? we were just dozen people together! great show for me too....it was my favorite show of these 3evening of gigs! well maybe it's too late but nice to meet you!

Old 12.28.2006, 08:17 AM   #118
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
great pics next step. i like this one very much.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 08:26 AM   #119
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Me too...cool picture. Paulybee, are you reading? hehe

Hey, Paris (2 sources) & Berlin are going still and the opening Dinosaur, Jr. sets for both shows have been added too in case anybody missed those.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2007, 06:19 AM   #120
Bal
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by next step

about the videos that our friend caught during the shows of Nels Cline, SY and the others there are some problems but maybe we'll able to shere them here. have fun!

what nels cline show???

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth