Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.23.2012, 03:33 PM   #1821
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I listened to it on the radio and just watched the highlights on TV. More an interesting match than a good one. A lot is being made of how similar Chelsea's midfield players are. Mata, Oscar and Hazard are all v. good but it's hard to see how they offer anything different from one another when they play together, and unless Torres goes on an (unlikely) goal spree, Chelsea are gonna carry on struggling to convert the chances they have. Plus some pretty cringeworthy diving from Ivanovich and Oscar.

i saw oscar vs. juventus and he was fantfuckingtastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha thank you.

LET THE UNITED-LIVERPOOL DERBY BEGIN!

De Gea, Vidic or Scholes not starting is a surprise for me.

de gea didn't start last i saw them.

i'll ahve to watch this in replay! itw as on at 6am my time.

Quote:
Although very different in style, they seem about equal talent-wise but Messi doesn't descend into meaningless showboating anywhere near as much. He's also far less selfish than CR and doesn't disappear in games anything like as much. Messi contributes even when he isn't scoring while Ronaldo may as well go home if he isn't getting goals. Saying that, CR's reputation was established long before he went to RM whereas we still have no idea how well Messi would do away from Barca. So I'd score it: Skill = equal (arguable and no way is Ronaldo more talented than Messi); All round contribution = Messi; Attitude = Messi; proven versatility = Ronaldo.

okay here's a funny story for you: this weekend barcelona played granada and they had a very hard time scoring so at some point messi started yelling at villa. this was so out of character that it made the news:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...e=breakingnews

"braking news." hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2012, 03:50 PM   #1822
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
John Terry has quit international football. Giving the fa a big fat fuck off on his way out.

He kind of makes a valid point but this isn't gonna help people to stop thinking he's a twat
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2012, 05:32 PM   #1823
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i saw oscar vs. juventus and he was fantfuckingtastic.

I agree but, his diving aside, there's no questioning his ability; it's just that he offers nothing different tactically from Hazard and Mata. Apart from the fact they get in each other's way when they play together, there's no real alternative plan if things aren't working out with their standard set up, and by relying so heavily on Torres now, it's fair to predict there'll be a lot of games when the standard set up doesn't work out.

Quote:
okay here's a funny story for you: this weekend barcelona played granada and they had a very hard time scoring so at some point messi started yelling at villa. this was so out of character that it made the news:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...e=breakingnews

"braking news." hilarious.

Hahaha. I just watched it on youtube. The fact they're both about 4 ft made me think of arguments in the playground when I was in primary school. I bet Messi threw Villla's jacket over a wall on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
John Terry has quit international football. Giving the fa a big fat fuck off on his way out.

He kind of makes a valid point but this isn't gonna help people to stop thinking he's a twat

Oh wow. End of an era, and all that. A rare PR masterstroke by Terry, no doubt about that but, as you say, the haters (of which I'm one) will continue to hate.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2012, 05:37 PM   #1824
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
he offers nothing different tactically from Hazard and Mata. [...] Torres

don't really know those two, will pay more attention next time (see that's why i joined no fantasy league)

BUT

torres is sad to watch, living under the shadow of a retired player

plus, he's going to make it to a near-future iteration of this list:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15788...-lesbians.html

(it was my wife who made that call btw. true story).
Old 09.25.2012, 02:45 AM   #1825
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
don't really know those two, will pay more attention next time (see that's why i joined no fantasy league)

BUT

torres is sad to watch, living under the shadow of a retired player

plus, he's going to make it to a near-future iteration of this list:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15788...-lesbians.html

(it was my wife who made that call btw. true story).

Hazard is just brilliant. He's a brilliant signing for Chelsea especially as all the big teams were after him this summer.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 03:29 AM   #1826
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, I know what you mean about the old lesbian thing. But yeah, it is sad to watch Torres struggle. There has to be a point when Abramovich accepts defeat and sells him off. They need an outright goal scorer. Torres used to be exactly that but for whatever reason has just lost all confidence. I think it's true that he was overawed by Drogba but with him now gone there's no excuse. I don't think he'll ever get his form back now. Ibrahimovich might be exactly the kind of player the could use, if they can get him away from PSG.
Old 09.25.2012, 01:50 PM   #1827
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Haha, I know what you mean about the old lesbian thing. But yeah, it is sad to watch Torres struggle. There has to be a point when Abramovich accepts defeat and sells him off. They need an outright goal scorer. Torres used to be exactly that but for whatever reason has just lost all confidence. I think it's true that he was overawed by Drogba but with him now gone there's no excuse. I don't think he'll ever get his form back now. Ibrahimovich might be exactly the kind of player the could use, if they can get him away from PSG.

maybe mario gomez?

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 05:12 PM   #1828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
maybe mario gomez?

ibrahimovic is amazing. dind't know he played in france.

i don't think bayern will let go of gomez-- not now anyway. mandzukic just scored 2 goals vs. wolfsburg, but he's no star. pizarro who is the substitute striker is at the end of his career (turns 34 next week) and can't be relied to play 90 minutes. so gomez should be the starter once he recovers from his surgery. bayern has been shopping for new players this past summer, so i don't see them selling off someone like gomez.

ps - on semi-related news, frankfurt who just made the bundesliga this year is at the top of the table, right with/behind bayern. they just tied with dortmund in a pretty lively match! (i half-watched while posting crap here). the parallel would be west ham leading the prem right now.
Old 09.26.2012, 07:41 AM   #1829
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
ibrahimovic is amazing. dind't know he played in france.

i don't think bayern will let go of gomez-- not now anyway. mandzukic just scored 2 goals vs. wolfsburg, but he's no star. pizarro who is the substitute striker is at the end of his career (turns 34 next week) and can't be relied to play 90 minutes. so gomez should be the starter once he recovers from his surgery. bayern has been shopping for new players this past summer, so i don't see them selling off someone like gomez.

I don't know Bayern's financial situation but I wonder if they're in a position to hold on to a player like Gomez if one of the uber wealthy ones want him.

Quote:
the parallel would be west ham leading the prem right now.

Haha, if only. They've started well, though, and this may be the first time in ages that West Ham have been in the Prem and I'm not thinking of them as relegation fodder.

There's a rumour that Liverpool want to offer 5m to WH for Carlton Cole. Either the rumour is untrue or Rodgers has completely lost his mind. Hopefully the latter.
Old 09.26.2012, 09:16 AM   #1830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't know Bayern's financial situation but I wonder if they're in a position to hold on to a player like Gomez if one of the uber wealthy ones want him.

Haha, if only. They've started well, though, and this may be the first time in ages that West Ham have been in the Prem and I'm not thinking of them as relegation fodder.

There's a rumour that Liverpool want to offer 5m to WH for Carlton Cole. Either the rumour is untrue or Rodgers has completely lost his mind. Hopefully the latter.

gomez has a contract till 2016 and bayern have their sights on the bundesliga + UEFA championship so i can only see them selling gomez to bring someone better.

meanwhile, gomez is stuck in purgatory (and apparently wielding a dremel tool in his right hand):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
Old 09.26.2012, 02:31 PM   #1831
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Haha, I know what you mean about the old lesbian thing. But yeah, it is sad to watch Torres struggle. There has to be a point when Abramovich accepts defeat and sells him off. They need an outright goal scorer. Torres used to be exactly that but for whatever reason has just lost all confidence. I think it's true that he was overawed by Drogba but with him now gone there's no excuse. I don't think he'll ever get his form back now. y from Ibrahimovich might be exactly the kind of player the could use, if they can get him awa PSG.

This is madness. Irahimovish is 30 now. Great player sure, but Chelsea would be mad to sign someone at that age. And most importantly you're forgetting they've got three other great scorers on their team.

Chelsea are already having a great season even considering Torres struggle to get to the same heights as he did at Liverpool. The last thing they need is more strikers.

Old 09.26.2012, 03:17 PM   #1832
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, Gomez is a non starter with that much left on his contract and point taken about Ibrahimovich. For whatever reason I thought he was younger. Either way, it looks like they're gonna spend 45m on Falcao, which will surely mean adios for Fernando come January.
Old 09.26.2012, 03:23 PM   #1833
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

random word-nerd free association: you guys realize ibrahimovic and abramovich have the same last name, right?

ps- that's a fuckton of money for falcao

pps - i looked up bayern's financial position and i don't know how much cash they have but they are very highly valued

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

almost double than chelsea and higher revenue (things may have changed of course since the summer, as this is pre-UEFA finals, but stil... bayern is no slouch)
Old 09.26.2012, 03:29 PM   #1834
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
The last thing they need is more strikers.

Totally disagree. They're overstocked with great midfielders but with Drogba gone and Torres continuing to be a flop and Sturridge on the verge of leaving (and hardly a world beater anyway), who do they have up front?
Old 09.26.2012, 05:27 PM   #1835
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Totally disagree. They're overstocked with great midfielders but with Drogba gone and Torres continuing to be a flop and Sturridge on the verge of leaving (and hardly a world beater anyway), who do they have up front?

they might bring back lukaku(?). but yea, if they got falcao, holy shit. they might be unbeatable

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2012, 02:26 AM   #1836
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

Piazon could prove himself to be pretty damn good. I think Mata could have a good season. BUT we're forgetting one thing-Torres is Chelsea's top scorer. Sure we're at the beginning of the season but that's gotta count for something.

Old 09.27.2012, 10:56 AM   #1837
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

finally watched man city/ arsenal last night, oh mang oh mang. cazorla remains great, but gervinho needs his fucking foot recalibrated. what is wrong with that guy.
Old 09.27.2012, 01:02 PM   #1838
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sure we're at the beginning of the season but that's gotta count for something.

If they get Falcao it's all immaterial, but even the fact Abramovich is willing to spend 45m on another striker means Torres is being squeezed out. The main problem for Chelsea will be finding a club willing to pay even a fraction of his original asking price. I mean, in today's market, what is Torres really worth? I'd be amazed if they get more than £15m for him and don't even think he's worth that. He'll probably go as part of some deal at an undisclosed fee to avoid any blushes.
Old 09.27.2012, 01:05 PM   #1839
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

demoño, what the fuck is wrong with gervinho's foot? for serious! it's like he's trying to kill someone on the bleachers instead of scoring.
Old 09.27.2012, 01:14 PM   #1840
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
If they get Falcao it's all immaterial, but even the fact Abramovich is willing to spend 45m on another striker means Torres is being squeezed out. The main problem for Chelsea will be finding a club willing to pay even a fraction of his original asking price. I mean, in today's market, what is Torres really worth? I'd be amazed if they get more than £15m for him and don't even think he's worth that. He'll probably go as part of some deal at an undisclosed fee to avoid any blushes.

Yea i can see Torres going back to Atletico (club where he made his name) in a money + swap deal with Falcao.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
82899091 92 939495102142192592 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth