Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck.. College isn't what is used to be (Hunstville Shooting)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2010, 04:46 PM   #121
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
sadly it's not anything unusual.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 08:51 PM   #122
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
dear suchfriends,

i watched this documentary tv show about the violence in mexico, like i said.
it was about the us, not about california.
99,9% of the guns used to create absolute chaos and horror in mexico come from the us.
apparently, you need some bureaucracy to purchase a gun in most states, but afterwards, you can "lose it", or "give it away", and there is no regular paperwork after you purchase it.

the arms trade in Mexico is different, a lot of those weapons are bought wholesale through corrupt dealer and distributors.

Quote:

Most people in the world that live in areas with dangerous animals have no guns (natives for example), learn about them and how to deal with them and how to protect themselves in other ways.

while we agree completely on gun control (in developed nations), in the 'third world' many people are quite armed and they do not have any where near the levels of gun violence as in the States. You already quoted the numbers, and they are as high as any war zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
England or something. Do the police still carry around little sticks to ward off criminals?
yeah and surprisingly it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
what about miscarriages?
a very depressing night.

Quote:
its not possible
that someone who listens to SY
is telling me these things

I was wondering the same thing about why the SYG crowd gives me so much shit about 'whiteness'

Quote:
1- i'd like to see statistic evidence that since the hippies stds sky rocketed. As far as I am aware, they have been decreasing

2- why should it bother you that people go to dates to get a fuck?

no, they are increasing dramatically. All morality aside, it is a major public health issue in every major city across the US, especially here in Los Angeles

these are posted as signs in a major advertising campaign across every Metro bus and train in Los Angeles.. apparently its quite the epidemic right now, the numbers are exploding. Promiscuity is not just a moral issue, in fact its not a moral issue at all people are free to express their sexuality however they feel (accept if they feel if for children or raping people or something of that extreme deviance), but it does remain a public health concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
That tells me they are just scum.

don't be so judgmental. take the compliment

Quote:
therefore, it is not a private matter like abortion is, it's public safety.

actually abortion is not merely a private matter, it is equally a public health concern. Abortion is a surgical procedure, either chemical or invasive, but either way a surgical procedure, and a rather serious medical procedure with several distinctive health risks. It should taken very serious, ALL MORALITY ASIDE. Further, there are many psychological issues around abortion that are also a health concern.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 02:56 AM   #123
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
no matter how "pandemic" it is stds don't fucking kill as much as they did in the past and people actually have the chance to effectivly protect themselves against most of them. i can bet that complications with the flu virus probably kill more than stds and nobody is having a moral war against hand shaking.

it's an evolution that we know more viruses, how they act and we're not dropping dead with gonorrhea. It's also the state's duty to inform people about them and how to protect themselves.

it's easy to say they are growing now, when you don't have statistics from the past, because these pathogens weren't even identified.
most likely, a larger part of the population was carrying these viruses/infections being completely unaware of it.

humanity is not any more promiscuous now than before, that's a ridiculous myth. and it's a dangerous one too, considering the amount of married women and elderly being infected by hiv everyday.

and don't try and act like a retard about abortion, my point was someone else's abortion can't kill you.

i also believe that the us is the country where most citizens have guns, which would explain its homicide rates.

it also manufactures the great majority of the weapons used by organized crime in countless countries.

now dont even bother applying your twisted SELECTIVE logic.

Old 02.20.2010, 03:13 PM   #124
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
no matter how "pandemic" it is stds don't fucking kill as much as they did in the past and people actually have the chance to effectivly protect themselves against most of them. i can bet that complications with the flu virus probably kill more than stds and nobody is having a moral war against hand shaking.

it's an evolution that we know more viruses, how they act and we're not dropping dead with gonorrhea. It's also the state's duty to inform people about them and how to protect themselves.

it's easy to say they are growing now, when you don't have statistics from the past, because these pathogens weren't even identified.
most likely, a larger part of the population was carrying these viruses/infections being completely unaware of it.

humanity is not any more promiscuous now than before, that's a ridiculous myth. and it's a dangerous one too, considering the amount of married women and elderly being infected by hiv everyday.

and don't try and act like a retard about abortion, my point was someone else's abortion can't kill you.

i also believe that the us is the country where most citizens have guns, which would explain its homicide rates.

it also manufactures the great majority of the weapons used by organized crime in countless countries.

now dont even bother applying your twisted SELECTIVE logic.

knox, we largely agree with each other on this thread, what I don't understand is your resistence to the idea of STDs being a problem? Does DEATH have to be the only consequence worth avoiding? STDs create a whole series of complex health and psychological issues that are quite impacting.

Undiscovered pathogens? Are you being serious? Sister, people have ALWAYS known when they got the clap, they didn't need a microscope to figure that shit out
I didn't argue that promiscuity is increasing, I pointed out the infection rates are on the rise, and it is a serious public health concern. Promiscuity is only a part of STDs transmission, there are other factors which all must be addressed.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2010, 05:42 PM   #125
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
new pathogens are constantly being discovered due to advances in virology and the mutability of viruses themselves. some of these "new bugs" have existed in natural resevoirs for years.

despite the current down-trend in STD deaths, we are about to experience another global health crisis once more strains become resistant to standard therapies.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2010, 06:49 PM   #126
knox
invito al cielo

nobody knew anything about HPV (for example) until a while ago so stfu.

Old 02.20.2010, 06:52 PM   #127
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
knox, we largely agree with each other on this thread, what I don't understand is your resistence to the idea of STDs being a problem? Does DEATH have to be the only consequence worth avoiding? STDs create a whole series of complex health and psychological issues that are quite impacting.

Undiscovered pathogens? Are you being serious? Sister, people have ALWAYS known when they got the clap, they didn't need a microscope to figure that shit out
I didn't argue that promiscuity is increasing, I pointed out the infection rates are on the rise, and it is a serious public health concern. Promiscuity is only a part of STDs transmission, there are other factors which all must be addressed.

like i said
i am pretty sure the flu virus and its complications and many other viruses kill more people than stds
if you were SO concerned with public health you'd have other priorities
most stds can be effectively prevented by using condoms
except herpes.

Old 02.20.2010, 09:33 PM   #128
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
...not to change the subject, but...the visual I got of Amy Bishop punching a woman at IHOP for taking the last booster seat caused me to void with laughter.
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth