Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page David Lynch's Inland Empire
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.07.2006, 11:39 AM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 11:43 AM   #2
Landry
little trouble girl

Landry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's assesLandry kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it's going to be great! Lynch is also winning a lifetime acheivment award where he's screening the film.
Landry is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
This is going to be 3 hours of bliss, for me. I've never walked out of a Lynch film and I'm sure that I'll stay glued to my seat for the full 172min. Lynch is never boring. His films give me a feeling that I'm in a surrealistic dream/nightmarish sequence of shots, that come together to form a painting in motion. I'm very chuffed that the rabbits have been brought to the big screen, which they rightly deserve, and that it's shot with spontaneous bursts of ideas that are almost entirely created on the spot. His use of DV camera's will give it a sharp edge and a realistic feel, like for example The Blair Witch or Dogma95 style films.
Very excited! Can't wait!
Old 09.07.2006, 02:26 PM   #4
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
I can't wait!

I'm kind of worried about reading those porkmarras posts because I want to go in fresh. That is the only way to watch a movie.

though, I'll probably just be going by myself because of its length...

..and last time I tried to show a Lynch film (Eraserhead) to other people they left within 20 minutes. (my uncle was the only one who stayed to watch it with me and after it was over he just looks at me and goes "I've never seen anything like that. This is a true classic.")
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 02:33 PM   #5
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing a David Lynch film at the cinema usually gives me the kind of feelings that seeing Keiji Haino did the other day....I'm first in line for this. His films don't need to make any sense when they have the visceral, transformative qualities that his films tend to have. I think it's only Eraserhead and Lost Highway I've seen at the cinema but both, especially Lost Highway, was an incredible experience.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 02:39 PM   #6
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Eraserhead in a theatre sounds like bliss.

All that sound just coming at you from all angles... shiiiit.

I've only seen his movies on my computer (no place to rent them, so I gotta take the torrent route).. but my favorite record store just started stocking DVDs and they got them all. As soon as I get money, the first thing I am getting is Eraserhead.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 06:10 PM   #7
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Disapproving "critcs" who say that Lynch's films make no sense simply do not have any imagination. Lynch has never done a movie where he lays it all out for us. All his movies are mysterys in which the viewer brings thier own interpertaions into, and each one is usually valid. Why must everything have one and final explantion? Movies that allow us to bring our own viewpoints, ideas, and beliefs into them are much more enriching. Certainly some films are better then others, and whether this will be the next "Blue Velvet" or the next "Lost Highway" (which in my view was a lesser film), is really up to each viewer to decide, but I must say that I like Lynch's work more then I dislike it.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 06:28 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I will see this. If it's shown near me. And if it's not, I'll bloody well travel somewhere that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Ooops. When I said Lost Highway I actually meant Mullholland Drive.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2006, 06:53 AM   #10
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Ok... Here's a 6 min mind altering teaser of what to vaguely expect.
Musicals are in peoples!!!!!!

Room to dream DVD scene - Inland Empire
This may or may not be a scene of Inland Empire.
I wonder how many times the word "strange" will be said in this one.
Old 09.28.2006, 07:10 AM   #11
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Interview with Lynch about his new masterpiece.

Inland Empire interview
Old 09.28.2006, 07:19 AM   #12
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Venezia 63 photo collage
Old 09.28.2006, 08:10 AM   #13
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
My English teacher and I were talking about it. I'll probably have to wait 'till it comes out on DVD though.
Old 12.02.2006, 08:54 AM   #14
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
If you click right here yes right here you will be directed to YouTube and the trailer for Inland Empire.....Empire Empire Empire Em/
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 11:58 AM   #15
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm excited. I just hope that I'll be able to see it in theaters, and not have to wait for the DVD.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 02:01 PM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
it was weird actually driving down mullholand drive in LA, i just kept thinking about it all the time.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 02:09 PM   #17
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
david lynch is awesome
i dont know of many people who enjoy his work, but i think hes great
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 02:11 PM   #18
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
oh and the mulholland drive soundtrack is amazing
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 04:29 PM   #19
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
In the US, Inland Empire will get a Dec. 15 limited release, then gets a wider release on Dec. 29.

Cant wait.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2006, 05:06 PM   #20
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
I'd much rather see this in a theater just so I can experience it with an audience that either gets it or doesn't get it. I'll never forget the old guy who announced that Mulholland Drive "was the worst movie [he] had ever seen" as people filed out of the theater; or the two women sitting above me who giggled to each other during the first lesbian sex scene. I saw the earliest showing of the film on a Saturday [the first Saturday of the film's release in Miami], the theater was packed.

And I'd love to see it at Midnight, preferrably when I'm half-awake.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth