Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL shenanigans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2010, 03:34 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh no im no way ready for betting yet. i usually bet on skill and not chance so until i become skillfull at betting the spread point i ain't getting anywhere near a bookie
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 04:01 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the scary part is even with the limited playing time, nearly every game sees players injured, and some crippled, and nearly every game has someone suffer a season ending injury.

I mean, we had one week of football, 16 games.
these injuries have already occurres, and these ar ejust the big ones to "name" players

2 hard concussions, torn tricep muscles, torn anterior cruciate ligaments, separated shoulder, torn bicep muscles and tendon, ripped ACL and partially torn MCL (one of my texans), severe high ankle sprain and muscle tear, rotator cuff tear, etc.

it is an honest question to ask, and many reporters have asked it, whether american football is too violent to the players, whether we are asking too much as fans to have these men debilitate themselves to entertain us.

It is a tough question for me, a lifelong football fanatic, who played as a kid and messed my back/neck/knees up in ways I am just starting to feel now as I hit near 40 yrs old.

for all the violence and hitting and rough play in australian rules footbal, in rugby league, etc., the amount of damage inflicted on the opponents is nowhere near the carnage that a 16 game NFL season inflicts on it's players.

I try to enjoy the game as much as I can because the day may come when it is seem as purely barbaric, like many countries see bullfighting, and they may decide to be rid of football once and for all...
Old 09.17.2010, 04:11 AM   #43
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
I was watching ESPN's Outside the Lines last Sunday and one guy talking said that there is actually only 17 minutes of action in an entire game. At first I said no way then I did some simple math like each play is 10 seconds long even thought they vary from as little as 3 seconds up to say 15 seconds and each team had 60 plays so each team had the ball 10 X 60 is 600 seconds divide by 60 seconds in a minute and you got each team with 10 minutes of actual action in 1 hour long game. Yet it takes 3 1/2 hours to play on TV where do all those other minutes go?

Definitely start watching High School football live the action is more continuous, the excitement better and some games are free. Someone there always wants to showoff their knowledge so they'll explain it to you or you can just eavesdrop on their conversations with their buds.

If you are thinking of actually betting the game the golden rule is DO NOT PICK A FAVORITE TEAM. If you have a team that you favor as your team they will cloud your Judgement when evaluating them against an opponent.
Stay neutral and you'll be able to pick winners better.

NFL Network does this thing where they replay games in 30 minutes. It is just cut and edited down to plays.... pretty much from snap to whistle. It has it's commercials so minus 10 or 12 minutes for those and all you've got is less than 20 minutes. Not to mention some of the edited footage includes replays and dialogue. Occasionally they will jump forward a couple plays, but those would have been stuffed runs or incomplete passes anyway - short plays.

It's really cool to see it like that, but after a while it get's really hard to follow. It's just non-stop coming at you. I like it though.

Same as baseball - probably the sport with the most idle, standing around time. Then you have basketball which is non-stop but extremely repetitive in a very confined space. Same as soccer and hockey, non-stop moving, but lack's in variety.... maybe sports are just pretty dumb all together.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 08:35 AM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
dumb but fun, kind of like a Dead Milkmen concert
Old 09.19.2010, 08:35 AM   #45
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker

Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
for all the violence and hitting and rough play in australian rules footbal, in rugby league, etc., the amount of damage inflicted on the opponents is nowhere near the carnage that a 16 game NFL season inflicts on it's players.

Rugby League is for monkeys. NFL is a padded version rugby but you throw forward. But AFL is an amazing sport and NFL or NRL put together comes nowhere near AFL!
Old 09.19.2010, 12:20 PM   #46
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
ughh Chicago needs a new OL
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2010, 10:22 PM   #47
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
so is Chicago!
Old 09.20.2010, 08:49 AM   #48
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
If I am the Texans owners I fire Kubiak today. He will absolutely screw this team in the end. His decisions in OT cost them the game.... almost. Love my guy Matt Schaub. Great comeback but Kubiak isn't the guy to take them to the big one.

Love Miami at 2-0 talk about a bunch of grinders. Everybody in the division talks about the Jets and Patriots as the bosses of the division don't be surprised to see the Dolphins spoil the party.

Steelers 2-0 without Ben, very interesting.

As for the injuries the way these guys use their helmets as a weapon is huge, the speed these days plus every team seems to have a cheapshot artist looking to end someone's career. The days of Buddy Ryan's bounties are still here they're just hidden in the closet.
Old 09.20.2010, 09:32 AM   #49
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
As a Texans fan, I will disagree with you about Kubiak. I think he is a good guy and does things the right way. Is Kubiak the best coach - NO - but he is the best coach right now for the Texans! Granted, you very well may be proven correct chicka......but I'm willing to wait and see.

The Dolphins will have their hands full with the Jets this Sunday night.

I agree on all your points except waiting. The window of opportunity to win it all is small and I believe that you need to maximize your chances when you have a chance. The Jets will also have their hands full with Miami should be a slugfest.
Old 09.20.2010, 11:17 AM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

MNF in one week. 2-0 TEXANS against the 0-2 COWBUMS, and it is in HOuston.

OH SO EXCITED

did anyone else watch that goddamn melee brawl thatw as the TENN/PITT game? I cannot believe more people were not hurt in that one.

VIOLENT
Old 09.20.2010, 02:40 PM   #51
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

Nope up here in the NE we got to watch Miami/Vikings because the Dolphins are in the same division as the Pats and of course we got to hear the crying fest that is Joe Buck & Troy Aikeman. Talk about a pair of bias announcers.
To listen to them you'd think that they were Dallas' personal announcing team.
Old 09.20.2010, 03:38 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I HATE JOE BUCK in all aspects and to a lesser extent Troy Aikman.

Joe Buck is a baseball announcer. His cadence and tone are terrible for football. They are more suite to the pastoral borefest that is most of the 168 baseball games each team plays every season.

chicka, that is a shame man, because that PITT/TEN game was fucking insane.

Troy Polamalu, with his defense backed up against their goal-line, and TENN about to run it in, guessed the snap count and guessed a QB sneak and just lept directly over the O-line as the ball was snapped, all airborne, and landed directly on Kerry Collins, stopping him behind the line of scrimmage. best DEF play I have EVER seen, and it is a shame no one has seen it.

let me look on youtube before the NFL takes it away.

LOOK. amazing play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DyzASDVpwU
Old 09.20.2010, 03:39 PM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
MNF week three is Green Bay at Chicago. The Texans host the cowboys this Sunday (12 noon). The Texans play two MNF games this year: at the Colts November 1st and host Baltimore on December 13

They are the "top" announcing team for FOX......dallas only has one MNF appearance hosting NY Giants October 25.

thanks! My confusion!!!
Old 09.20.2010, 03:47 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i didn't get a chance to watch a lot this weekend.

flipping channels to see 2 games at the same time was very confusing, especially in the morning

i was happy that the cowpatties got destroyed though.

then i had to go out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2010, 03:49 PM   #55
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I was pretty upset about two Tom Brady interceptions, especially after the RIDONCULOUS td pass to RAAAAANDY!

I knew the Jets would be dangerous this year.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2010, 03:52 PM   #56
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kerry Collins NOT changing his cadence allows for such a play to happen. The stats for this game are insane due to the lack of offence.

hey, that's kerry collins fault man! still an AMAZING defensive play.
Old 09.20.2010, 04:06 PM   #57
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a fan of the Western Bulldogs (FFC).

eat fuck.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2010, 04:40 PM   #58
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

11 is a weird football score.

so is 19 actually.
Old 09.20.2010, 04:44 PM   #59
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

holy fuck! I just had to watch 3 times.
Old 09.20.2010, 05:10 PM   #60
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

it is a smart play because if he is "offsides" then the ball just moves up halfway to goal.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth