Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Living rooms: discuss, post pictures, etc
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.27.2008, 04:57 PM   #81
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
this shit:

HELL NO
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 05:05 PM   #82
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses

11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 05:09 PM   #83
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses

yall know what this chair is for, don't you?
Old 01.27.2008, 05:14 PM   #84
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
uh, that would work better on a rooftop than in a living room--- wouldn't it?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 05:14 PM   #85
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i could live with this type of funky

http://www.funkysofa.com/
Old 01.27.2008, 05:16 PM   #86
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

Looks like something savage clone would use as a furniture. if it was red.

My living room, bedroom, storage space and all the shit I own is crammed in one huge 13,5 square meter room.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 05:40 PM   #87
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha orry to hear. my parents had conventional furniture while i was growing up. so and i love orange! i used to have a huge orange wall in my dc apartment a couple of years ago. the rustic look i like for the countryside and actually we have a little hovel in the mountains where we lived for a while... i wouldn't mind putting furniture made of logs in that one (it gets filthy easily anyway, ha).

ahh you were lucky then, oh I forgot to mention that I also can't bring myself to buy one of those funky sofas with the square armrests cause I had to sleep on one every day for a year cause we didn't have enough space in the apartment at that point as we hadn't made an extra bedroom which we needed. Those things are goddamn uncomfortable! Oh and by rustic I just kinda mean comfortable and not made out of plastic, I think I've had enough plastic hehe

Oh here's a couple of pictures of lamps very similar to those that were in my bedroom:

Apparently it sure is trendy again, since this one's selling for GBP 125, haha we should've sold ours instead of throwing it away:
A vintage 1960's/1970's ufo pendant light in luminescent opalescent plastic and bright orange lacquered metal

Purchased in Denmark, this vintage 60's or 70's ufo-style light has a central band and cap made of very high-gloss brilliant tangerine orange lacquered metal, while the top and bottom halves of the main body are matching opalescent and smooth hard-moulded plastic discs with a gently undulating sculpted form. The light has a diameter of 35cm (13.75 inches) and is in excellent condition.
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2008, 07:06 PM   #88
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
ahh you were lucky then, oh I forgot to mention that I also can't bring myself to buy one of those funky sofas with the square armrests cause I had to sleep on one every day for a year cause we didn't have enough space in the apartment at that point as we hadn't made an extra bedroom which we needed. Those things are goddamn uncomfortable! Oh and by rustic I just kinda mean comfortable and not made out of plastic, I think I've had enough plastic hehe

Oh here's a couple of pictures of lamps very similar to those that were in my bedroom:

Apparently it sure is trendy again, since this one's selling for GBP 125, haha we should've sold ours instead of throwing it away:
A vintage 1960's/1970's ufo pendant light in luminescent opalescent plastic and bright orange lacquered metal

Purchased in Denmark, this vintage 60's or 70's ufo-style light has a central band and cap made of very high-gloss brilliant tangerine orange lacquered metal, while the top and bottom halves of the main body are matching opalescent and smooth hard-moulded plastic discs with a gently undulating sculpted form. The light has a diameter of 35cm (13.75 inches) and is in excellent condition.

that stuff is AWESOME!!!

sorry you became allergic to it.

and no, i don't think im lucky for having grown up in boring living rooms, i never liked my parents' furniture, it always annoyed me. when i was about to leave home the finally had the dough to purchase custom made furniture from an architect friend of the family-- he charged a fortune for his stuff and made it for my parents at cost-- still it was ultraexpensive-- clean lines, chrome, heavy glass, really cool stuff. anyway i didn't get to enjoy much of that. there is apparently some stuff of my grandparents around as well-- some art deco shit i hope to some day get my hands on.

but anyway-- i thought by rustic you meant this type of stuff:

ha ha. not my thing, but it has its place in the universe i suppose.
Old 01.27.2008, 10:35 PM   #89
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i could live with this type of funky

http://www.funkysofa.com/
that's a nice couch.
Old 01.28.2008, 07:03 AM   #90
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that stuff is AWESOME!!!

sorry you became allergic to it.

and no, i don't think im lucky for having grown up in boring living rooms, i never liked my parents' furniture, it always annoyed me. when i was about to leave home the finally had the dough to purchase custom made furniture from an architect friend of the family-- he charged a fortune for his stuff and made it for my parents at cost-- still it was ultraexpensive-- clean lines, chrome, heavy glass, really cool stuff. anyway i didn't get to enjoy much of that. there is apparently some stuff of my grandparents around as well-- some art deco shit i hope to some day get my hands on.

but anyway-- i thought by rustic you meant this type of stuff:

ha ha. not my thing, but it has its place in the universe i suppose.

hehe oops maybe rustic was the wrong word to use, but yeah this would be good for Grizzly Adams or whatever his name was.

Well I'm glad you're really thinking about what you like, really the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with the furniture that surrounds you, nomatter what other people think, if you have an affinity for modern lines then you should surround yourself with them.
Old 01.28.2008, 05:13 PM   #91
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I hate living with the people I'm living with atm. Our tastes are so different. And they have a bunny and two rats and however many mice, and the rodent room of stench, IS BAD. Bunny shits all over the loungeroom even though its 'toilet trained' what bs.

I decorate our garden and bedroom, thats about it. Everything else is just too scary.
Old 01.28.2008, 05:17 PM   #92
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
I hate living with the people I'm living with atm. Our tastes are so different. And they have a bunny and two rats and however many mice, and the rodent room of stench, IS BAD. Bunny shits all over the loungeroom even though its 'toilet trained' what bs.

I decorate our garden and bedroom, thats about it. Everything else is just too scary.

aha!

now i see why you need a vacation OUT OF TOWN
Old 01.28.2008, 05:19 PM   #93
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
some furniture etc. here:
The American Look(1958)

thanks, that was cool to watch, 50's car design cracks me up a little, but it's stuff, very flinstones. the little devos doing the design were also a peculiar sight.
Old 01.28.2008, 05:20 PM   #94
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
aha!

now i see why you need a vacation OUT OF TOWN

haha exactly!
Old 01.28.2008, 05:23 PM   #95
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha exactly!

so the "i enjoy my life" was bull as i suspected

5-star hotel room in town FTW

ok, back to living rooms.
Old 01.28.2008, 07:24 PM   #96
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Bunny shits all over the loungeroom even though its 'toilet trained' what bs.

On the plus side, bunnies clean up their own shit afterwards by eating it.

yes, that's my only contribution to this thread in case you wondered.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 03:39 PM   #97
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Ron Arad

http://www.ronarad.com/bodyguards.swf

http://www.designboom.com/eng/interview/arad.html
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 04:12 PM   #98
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ awesome
Old 01.29.2008, 04:25 PM   #99
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't mind living in a house with 480,000 square feet like that, because then I could probably afford furniture that badass as well.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2008, 05:21 PM   #100
Kina
children of satan

hehe yeah those look more like showrooms than houses to me, nice in theory but who can afford it?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth