Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page People who aren't environmentally conscious should
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2007, 03:31 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
go fuck themselves in the ass.

Someone picked up my empty liter of root beer and threw it in the trash. I reached in and grabbed it and said "that's my recycling."

The person gave me the dirtiest look and said "well I don't recycle" as if it was a crime that I stopped him from throwing away something.

I hate people.

yes but you can only save the world out of love, not hate, because if you truly hate people then you wouldn't mind if the world they lived in died. an pauly bee, that is bullshit. whoever told you that shit was lying to you to convince you to release your actual power for voting power. they convinced you that you are better off voting for someone else then proactively solving the problems of the day. voting is a cop out.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 03:32 PM   #22
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I must admit i got hugely pissed off when I was 16 and could see the idiots that were allowed to vote and I actually knew about the issues had researched most of them and I was the one who couldn't vote. If you can pay tax, you should be able to vote as how your taxes are spent
Old 08.26.2007, 03:37 PM   #23
macrodollar
little trouble girl

macrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I must admit i got hugely pissed off when I was 16 and could see the idiots that were allowed to vote and I actually knew about the issues had researched most of them and I was the one who couldn't vote. If you can pay tax, you should be able to vote as how your taxes are spent

The problem then is do you only allow 16 year olds who work to vote?
macrodollar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 03:43 PM   #24
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Agreed. People under 18 shouldn't be taxed because they can't represent themselves.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 03:45 PM   #25
macrodollar
little trouble girl

macrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Agreed. People under 18 shouldn't be taxed because they can't represent themselves.

Wow, so simple I never considered it!
macrodollar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 03:48 PM   #26
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
That would be difficult, just easier to make it across the board 16. It would be like refusing unemployed people the right to vote. My argument is basically if you are of the age in which you can contribute to the society you should be of the age to vote.

I cant see as it could be anything but a good thing. The only 16 year olds that would vote are the ones that care and understand the election issues the rest wouldnt bother. Anything that motivates younger people into caring about society and feeling as if they can actually change things for the better is a positive step in my opinion.
Old 08.26.2007, 04:24 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
more of this voting stuff. is that all people ever talk about? is that the only solution? whatever happened to going out and volunteering? doing good for the community...

if you care for the environment, care for it. become active. recycle. consume less. convince everyone else to consume less... but seriously... how the fuck does voting solve that problem? (or any problem?)

(i am not trying to destroy your dreams, but rather enlarge the scope and scale of them. forget voting about something, go actually do something about it.)

Old 08.26.2007, 04:42 PM   #28
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
You smoke too much ganja. Some of what you said makes complete sense, while other things you said just sound like Bob Marley-ism fanboy shit.
Old 08.26.2007, 04:43 PM   #29
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

I understand your position and empathise deeply as I have long felt a lack of faith in the system in so far as when neither party seems to be disagreeing (particularly on issues like iraq) it seems impossible to change anything by voting alone. For sure there are plenty of third parties in Britain, the problem is its so ingrained into the public that is a 2 part system, plus many of these parties have nowhere near the funding the 2 major parties do.

What you must remember is that a great deal of what needs to be done about climate change needs to be done at a government level. We all should go and do our bit of course. But I think generally a lot of people feel really helpless about the situation. You recycle, are careful about energy, go out of your way to help the situation and then next door drives up in a new SUV. I think its a general feeling of powerlessness and a lack of answers or real commitment on the part of government that leads to this apathy that we see regarding enviromental issues. The problem is the government responses to this apathy and can only see it as unprofitable politically. It becomes a vicious circle.
Old 08.26.2007, 04:44 PM   #30
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
California has recycling, trash, and garden waste bins. People use them.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 06:45 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
You smoke too much ganja. Some of what you said makes complete sense, while other things you said just sound like Bob Marley-ism fanboy shit.

you know there is much more to Rasfatari then Bob Marley, and here is another newsflash, there are more reggae artists then Bob Marley, and some of them are really good. perhaps you can check them out and refer to my posts as Israel Vibration-ism or Abyssinian-ism fanboy shit?!

Do I smoke ganja? Ganja is a bird from Australia, I smoke herb! and maybe you are right, sometimes just a little too much...

Old 08.26.2007, 06:57 PM   #32
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
no matter what, i NEVER litter. littering is one thing that pisses me off extensively, especially when lazy assholes throw trash on the ground when there's a garbage can ten feet away. would it really kill you to put a gum wrapper in your pocket for ten minutes???

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 07:15 PM   #33
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am not enviromentally conscious, but getting there. This might please Norma J. But yeah, it is not something on my top priorities as big concern. But it is not at the bottom. It is in the middle with all other things. But it is slowly rising. I also think sometimes we cannot do much.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2007, 07:24 PM   #34
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I understand your position and empathise deeply as I have long felt a lack of faith in the system in so far as when neither party seems to be disagreeing (particularly on issues like iraq) it seems impossible to change anything by voting alone. For sure there are plenty of third parties in Britain, the problem is its so ingrained into the public that is a 2 part system, plus many of these parties have nowhere near the funding the 2 major parties do.

What you must remember is that a great deal of what needs to be done about climate change needs to be done at a government level. We all should go and do our bit of course. But I think generally a lot of people feel really helpless about the situation. You recycle, are careful about energy, go out of your way to help the situation and then next door drives up in a new SUV. I think its a general feeling of powerlessness and a lack of answers or real commitment on the part of government that leads to this apathy that we see regarding enviromental issues. The problem is the government responses to this apathy and can only see it as unprofitable politically. It becomes a vicious circle.

Agreed. One must vote for someone that will help out. It is the lack or apathy that most young people have, that we are in this state. People say the goverment does not work, well you are not voting, voicing your opinions. But I can understand why people feel dejected when their party loses. But yes voting is an important factor in helping change the enviroment.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 11:13 AM   #35
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
China

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth