Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. with Masonna-Loveball Feeback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.18.2009, 01:04 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit, a fucking scorcher of a live track between two of Japan's most infamous undergound acts of the last 20 years. got this on the decent "nice pooper" blog, and it is the most ripping thing ive heard by either camps in years. Acid Mothers is in full on ultimate trip music "Electric Heavy Land" heavy psychedelic twin guitar/synth space destruction mode, just blazing away like very few bands can do, all the while Masonna is doing his own thing, i.e., ripping and harsh as hell space synth noise electronic madness, that just happens to be playing along with Acid Mothers simultaeneously. This 20 track is possibly my favorite collab ever done by boith parties. Acid Mothers particularly have done some amazing collabs, my faves being Acid Mothers Afrirampo and Acid Mothers Guru Guru, but the synergy between the two artists' styles is perfect. This probably being that even wen Acid Mothers tend to get more tripped out, sprawling, and calmer, they still seem to have that undeliing synister heaviness about them. I for one, think of them as a Heavy Psych band. While Masonna on the other hand, even at his most harsh, has a sci-fi space vibe going on in the madness that has always set him apart from his contemporaries. He is rather unique in his approach, sound, and even his appearence in the spectrum of harsh noise today. Perfect meeting of minds. Totally recommended to fans of both acts and even to fans of Mainliner who arent en in to AMT as this is the closest they've ver gotten to matching "Mellow Out"s intensity.

and of course, smoked weed when you listen to it.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2009, 11:29 AM   #2
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
They are coming to Toronto soon. I am debating whether to go..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth