Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth with Dinosaur Jr. - Nov. 21 @ Terminal 5 NYC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.23.2009, 10:11 AM   #121
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
lots of pics here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&id=631078065

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 10:24 AM   #122
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Woah, looking at these pictures I now realize that Coco Moore and her friends were literally right in front of me. I wasn't sure if it was her or not because she seemed pretty into the music (like, she was dancing and mouthing the lyrics) and for some reason I always assumed that she thought her parents were strange.

When Thurston was walking off stage after the first step he ran to shake her by the shoulders. It was actually really cute.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 10:40 AM   #123
replacements75
empty page

replacements75 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I thought it was a pretty great show. Set was pretty much as I expected with most of te surprises already mentioned. I was really happy to hear White Kross and Shadow, can't even remember when I heard those last. Probably been ten years. The sound at this venue always seems to be an issue but I was in a different spot from the last time I was there and felt that it was better. Though the vocals were a little muddy. All in all a terrific show. I would argue that the United Palace show was better but this was up there as one of the last few years best. I'm really looking forward to Wed and the more intimate venue.
replacements75 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 10:50 AM   #124
replacements75
empty page

replacements75 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
Yeah, I was on Thurston's side, front row, all the way near right stage exit, so maybe that had something to do with it. The sound was good, though - a lot better than most Bowery venues anyway. I'd go there for a "rock"-based show again.

)

Honestly I think that of the Bowery venues this might be the worst. In my opinion the size and sound of both the Bowery Ballroom and Music Hall of Williamsburg are far superior to any other rock venues in the city. I have never had a problem with sound or getting a drink at either BB or MHOW like I have at Terminal 5. But this is just my opinion.

As far as venues with a similar capacity and set up to Terminal 5, Roseland Ballroom is far superior.
replacements75 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 10:58 AM   #125
joetee316
empty page

joetee316 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Was so stoked that they played for over 90 minutes. I don't usually get that with the shows I go to. But boy, do I feel old after it's all said and done. Shadow Of A Doubt was so cool to hear live as well as Stereo Sanctity.
joetee316 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 11:38 AM   #126
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I think Prurient and Cold Cave should do a round robin concert or a tour, just listen to Cocaine Eyes and what Cold Cave do and it is sort of similar, and I think Dominic F's vocal style would just mesh up with Cold Cave really well. check it out I really mean it: http://ducksbattlesatan.com/2009/09/...hospital-2008/

Dinosaur Jr. - it wasn't as loud as their Central Park show, for sure.

SY - it seemed like the crowd was the most into it of any shows that I've seen in the past few years. If you compare this show to Webster Hall 2 or 3 years back, if anyone remembers that, this was much more high energy crowd. Although I haven't seen as many shows as some people. Silver Rocket was definitely one of the best over the top Thurston moments I've seen in person.

Sorry to have missed the dinner and meeting Jenn and the book, I still want the book, I looked for you by the stage and didn't see you. Are you still in NYC?

forgot to add- SYR cds were on sale for $8 again, this is a great deal. Picked up Silver Sessions...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 03:29 PM   #127
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
Sorry to have missed the dinner and meeting Jenn and the book, I still want the book, I looked for you by the stage and didn't see you. Are you still in NYC?

I was back a little bit in the crowd, and left the city early Sunday morning
Old 11.23.2009, 03:48 PM   #128
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
No pics from the meet and eat? or the concert?
Old 11.23.2009, 06:06 PM   #129
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Rob - I have a whole lot of video footage from the show but I'm currently having some trouble with the uploads. My computer can't process the footage because they are MOD files. I'm trying to get over my computer illiteracy and figure out what to do about this.

Old 11.24.2009, 09:04 AM   #130
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
some vid: hold on sec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkGZ-1w_1R4
Old 11.24.2009, 10:42 AM   #131
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Turns out I needed to order a program on my computer in order to edit the video files. It should be here tomm. Expect lots of video footage from stage right Thurston then.

Old 11.24.2009, 10:46 AM   #132
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
Rob - I have a whole lot of video footage from the show but I'm currently having some trouble with the uploads. My computer can't process the footage because they are MOD files. I'm trying to get over my computer illiteracy and figure out what to do about this.

MODS DIE!

Old 11.24.2009, 11:08 AM   #133
hshiau
empty page

hshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asses
still can't post links. i have a couple of videos posted on youtube under hshiau. camera didn't handle the audio real well since we were so close.
hshiau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 07:26 PM   #134
kaitlynmazur
empty page

kaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asses
I was right in the front, near the end of the stage on Thurston's side. Show was awesome, obviously, hope to see them again soon. They made my year, easily.
Old 11.24.2009, 08:19 PM   #135
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlynmazur
I was right in the front, near the end of the stage on Thurston's side. Show was awesome, obviously, hope to see them again soon. They made my year, easily.

looks like a couple of us were at the same place

Old 11.24.2009, 08:58 PM   #136
hshiau
empty page

hshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asseshshiau kicks all y'all's asses
if you look at my video, i was standing right in front of Thurston. almost got impaled by the mic stand when he was freaking during Silver Rocket.
hshiau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 09:19 PM   #137
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cheers for all comments, info, links and doing some footage.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 10:44 PM   #138
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I quite enjoyed that vid
Old 11.25.2009, 10:51 AM   #139
Georgekrz
stalker

http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=2016 via NYC Taper
Old 11.25.2009, 12:16 PM   #140
canvasseamonkey
empty page

canvasseamonkey has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I thought the Eternal material DID sound stronger than it did a few months ago back in philly as well. They seemed more into it this time around.

Does anyone have a setlist for Dino Jr? I can't find it anywhere on the internets.. Please let me know!
canvasseamonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth