Songs For the Deaf 4 26.67%
Lullabies to Paralyze 0 0%
Era Vulgaris 0 0%
screw the Queens, i only like the Desert Sessions 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10.10.2007, 08:58 PM   #1
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Ok so we've got the Kyuss poll happening, what about the Queens of the Stone Age?
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my actual response would be "screw the queens, kyuss were a real band".

but rated r for me.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 09:59 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
1. rated r2. self-titled3. songs for the deaf4. era vulgaris5. lullabies

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2007, 01:23 AM   #4
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Homme really is a great songwriter. The only thing that would make QOTSA better is if they didn't get so many mainstream, dickhead fans.

It's a tie between the self-titled album, and Rated R for me. I remember when I downloaded "If Only" when I was a teen and it was one of them "I have to own a record by this band" type of moments. Which is nice. Party of 5 was also on the tube - a repeat I imagine.

The drums on Songs for the Deaf are fuckin' tops. So strong and solid. Good album.

I voted self-titled album. Sexy cover too.
Old 10.11.2007, 01:26 PM   #5
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm...I'm undecided. It's a tossup among their first three albums.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck this stupid band
Old 10.11.2007, 01:50 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
QOTSA's popularity is very very curious to me, and one of the reasons I actually dig them in spite of whatever.. they're actually a very odd band.. their singles are pretty straightforward, but the albums themselves are loaded with lots of weird and eccentric touches, production- and structure- and instrument-wise.

While I voted Rated R, of course, Songs for the Deaf actually might be the one I listen to the most, because of the drumming. Drums are my favorite instrument.. and the drumming on that album is honestly some of the best drumming I've ever heard, this side of that dude in Bastro (most underrated drummer ever) and John French of Captain Beefheart. so yeah.

Old 10.11.2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck this stupid band I say!
Old 10.11.2007, 03:22 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

rock on with yr bad self
Old 10.11.2007, 05:48 PM   #12
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
QOTSA's popularity is very very curious to me, and one of the reasons I actually dig them in spite of whatever.. they're actually a very odd band.. their singles are pretty straightforward, but the albums themselves are loaded with lots of weird and eccentric touches, production- and structure- and instrument-wise.

While I voted Rated R, of course, Songs for the Deaf actually might be the one I listen to the most, because of the drumming. Drums are my favorite instrument.. and the drumming on that album is honestly some of the best drumming I've ever heard, this side of that dude in Bastro (most underrated drummer ever) and John French of Captain Beefheart. so yeah.

The thing I find completely baffling about their mainstream success is that Songs for the Deaf is a complete satirical play towards mainstream radio. Yet they ate it up and so did all their listeners. Actually, it doesn't surprise me the stupidity of the mainstream, but it makes me wonder. Anyway, what a wonderful thing.

Musically, it's a beautiful thing. They're a band that do exactly what they want. Their singles aren't the standard radio-friendly-song-structured format. Most of their songs are jams.

They're one of them bands that deserve the mainstream success. One of them bands that actually sneak in their somehow based on their talent. Pretty rare thing. Mars Volta are another band (I know, I know, they're pretty hated on here and we don't need to get into a discussion on them) that shouldn't be where they are when you consider the rest of the mainstream music. But they do exactly what they want, just like QOTSA and the masses eat it up.
Old 10.11.2007, 07:02 PM   #13
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
actually, i think the mars volta got what they deserve; when they did an album that was beyond good, they were super famous (and was baffledby their mainstream success too) and as they went deeper into their self indulgence, so have their fans and the number of them.

now, it's a very specific kind of person who likes the mars volta, just like a very specific person likes dream theater.
Old 10.11.2007, 07:43 PM   #14
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
now, it's a very specific kind of person who likes the mars volta, just like a very specific person likes dream theater.

And that specific kind of person is usually known as "pretentious asshole". But then again, that can be said of anyone that posts on this board, myself included.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2007, 03:15 AM   #15
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
actually, i think the mars volta got what they deserve; when they did an album that was beyond good, they were super famous (and was baffledby their mainstream success too) and as they went deeper into their self indulgence, so have their fans and the number of them.

But I mean both bands got what they deserves. They're both fucking awesome bands. But majority of society like simple things given to them in a simple way - which mainstream radiostations music play list prove and indicate. They're the lucky ones who make it famous and must think to themselves "Fuck, how did this happen?". It'd be like if Shellac or whatever were on mainstream radio. It's not the norm, at all.

Actually, were you bagging them out? I can't tell. I've had a glass...
Old 10.12.2007, 09:25 AM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, I see what you're saying -- the Mars Volta's success particularly baffles me, I guess, though I'm sure a lot of people like them based solely on their "technical" talent.

Old 10.12.2007, 11:01 AM   #17
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

my point was, when deloused was released everyone was going apeshit with tmv and rightly so because it's a great album (there's also the pink floyd archetype that help them a lot, many people project the floyd in the mars volta), then they released more...self indulgent, over ambitious albums and, you don't see their videos anymore and not many are into them, not as much as when deloused was happening anyway, and you kinda see who is into them, whereas before, pretty much everyone was a fan. they got more "specialized" and so their fanbase became more specialized.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth