Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Seven Ages of Rock documentary starts 19 May
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2007, 03:22 PM   #141
matt74m
little trouble girl

matt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
So you were the other person who bought it?

Yeah, taught me not to buy something without listening to it first.
matt74m is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2007, 05:56 AM   #142
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
So you were the other person who bought it?

I was one of those who bought it, listened to the first song and forgot about it all. In fact if they weren't mentioned on this thread, I would have totally erased their existence from my memory.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2007, 06:39 AM   #143
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the alternative episode was a huge let down but when they first mentioned r.e.m. i had a feeling it was going to be. this series is poor and im afraid the bbc has dropped the ball on this one! their dancing in the streets series from 1996/7 was ten times better.....

more 4 showed don letts punk:attitude last nite, go out and buy that on dvd, it is worth every penny, rollins (of whom i am not a lover of at all) is dead funny in it..........
Old 06.26.2007, 06:40 AM   #144
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
sweet 75.... yep i bought it. it sucks big time. but not as much as the eyes adrift album
Old 06.29.2007, 07:16 PM   #145
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It was a repeat. Next episode will be all about Oasis and Blur and The Libertines.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2007, 08:58 AM   #146
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The whole series has been a big disappointment so far. The bands that they've chosen to give overwhelming air-time to has definitely been, on occasions, bizarre. Which doesn't mean to say that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed watching each episode.

Watching Rollins on the Alt America one, I have to say that I'm starting to come around to his personality in a way that I never thought possible. Now I find myself laughing WITH him, rather than just AT him - as was once the case.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2007, 09:05 AM   #147
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
For anyone who might not be aware, Lou Reed will be discussing his new tour on A Culture Show Special at 23:30 on BBC 2 tonight.
Old 06.30.2007, 09:06 AM   #148
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
For anyone who might not be aware, Lou Reed will be discussing his new tour on A Culture Show Special at 23:30 on BBC 2 tonight.

Is that the Berlin thingy?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2007, 09:10 AM   #149
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Didn't say. Read a short bit on teletext.
Old 06.30.2007, 01:20 PM   #150
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
if the alt rock age is on tomorrow then i'm guessing all your 'where's sy' questions will be answered

There was about a two second clip from Year Punk Broke of Thurston jamming his guitar around the stage during I Love Her All The Time in a montage of '90s' 'alternative' bands...

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 06:57 AM   #151
sarramkrop

They have all been uploaded on stage6:

http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:seven+ages+of+rock
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 07:33 AM   #152
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
suede.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2011, 09:53 AM   #153
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Episode 6/7 is going to be repeated tomorrow on BBC FOUR
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r4t0

The rock marathon continues with the story of the contrasting fates of two of America's biggest, most authentic bands: Nirvana and REM and the hidden links between them that almost saved the life of troubled Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain.
In 1991, Nirvana's Nevermind album launched the 'grunge' explosion that put the Seattle music scene on the map and gave a voice to the alienated youth pushed to one side by the Reagan revolution. But Cobain was a reluctant idol who struggled to cope with his new status and his band's growing mainstream appeal. Nirvana had their roots in the underground and college music scene pioneered by bands like REM and Pixies and this programme tells how REM also ended up gravitating towards Seattle, where a friendship developed between lead singer Michael Stipe and Cobain.
In the end it was not enough to save Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, but his triumph and tragedy continues to cast a powerful shadow over the whole of rock.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth