Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page classic albums, atsonicpark edition # 1: at the drive in - acrobatic tenement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2012, 02:33 PM   #61
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I saw these playing Reading and decided to go down the rocky nostalgic path and go through every album/ep. I was immediately transported back to the college car park 12 years ago sitting in my car with mates stoned beyond belief listening to Relationship Of Command. Good times, but the music now sounds complete adolescent tosh. However i'd never heard this Acrobatic Tenement before and it's OK . . contains atdi's catchiest riffs and melodies but still the shitty screaming. Overall their best release.

I was watching on TV and it looked like noone in the crowd knew who they were, and Omar looked bored off his arse. Did it get any better?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2012, 04:34 AM   #62
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I was watching on TV and it looked like noone in the crowd knew who they were, and Omar looked bored off his arse. Did it get any better?

I was watching on TV aswell should've pointed that out. The first thing i noticed was Omar's lack of afro and lack of any kind of enthusiasm. He said himself the reunion is just some nostalgia thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
shitty!?!?!? he may be an asshole but he has the singing voice of an angel

He's better with Mars Volta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
still love everything about them. the adolescent tosh, Cedric's shitty screaming, etc.

RELATIONSHIP is my least fav.

I would put that one second (wor Ced is quite decent on this one - when he's not crying his little eyes out) followed by any of the other releases, take your pick. I found them all instantly forgettable.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2012, 07:27 AM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
It did reek of "in it for the money" tbh. I was being convinced to go on that day and ATDI was the only thing i was really interested in seeing. Thank goodness i decided not to.

Old 09.03.2012, 01:25 PM   #64
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
That Jim guy was also being a massive douche with his crowd hollering and crowd claping along charade bollocks. Ced's face!

Next up on the not so nostalgic trip... Mars Volta. I find the concepts and stories behind thier albums to be more interesting than the music itself. This is disregarding Inertiatic ESP of course which is the greatest fucking song ever made.
Old 09.03.2012, 03:07 PM   #65
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

First Mars Volta album is great, after that they got too overwrought musically and lost their energy. I still like the fact that Francis the Mute got into the UK album chart top 10 when it was released, back when these sorts of things still mattered a little in the general public's eyes. I didnt enjoy it much so i cant imagine how a casual listener who liked the single they put out would have felt about 10 minutes into one of those "movements" in the middle.

Old 09.07.2012, 05:38 PM   #66
Diesel
the destroyed room

That's the binge over with! On the whole that was pretty hard listening - just so much wankery going on with this band - though some of it is hypnotic in a pummel your head into submission way.

The most recent Mars Volta album is the most ATDI sounding album they've done since de-loused and maybe even more so than that album.
Old 09.08.2012, 12:28 PM   #67
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
He's better with Mars Volta.

can't argue with that. also deloused is undisputedly their best, frances and amputechture are also up there(i may actually like amputechture more) but after that it's all down hill. bedlam was mediocre at best and anything after is vaginal discharge.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2014, 01:23 PM   #68
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
shitty!?!?!? he may be an asshole but he has the singing voice of an angel
just quoted Diesel

i used to be obsessed with this band back when i was a teenager

don't listen to them much anymore, but they have a special place in my heart
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth