Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pavement Reunion?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.06.2008, 04:20 AM   #21
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Yr allowed an opinion, but you're being a total twat. Why wish that a band you hate but many others love doesn't reunite? What adverse effects will it have on you? That's mighty selfish.

Also you've been a pretentious bitch lately. . .

Seriously. . . the little "hateful teenager that is really into themself and generally hateful of everyone and everything" act isn't cute.
oh, I'M SORRY that i'm not catering to your specific whims and fitting the archetype of the perfect sweet contrite sweater wearing indie rock girl you've dreamed up in your head. i'll try harder to please you, i promise.

i'm NOT influenced by other artists.
pavement can go ahead and reunite for all i care, but they still suck.. that's just, like, my OPINION, man. apparently i have to fucking censor myself and not be a smartass when 90% of the time i'm fucking joking anyway in order to please other people, which is something, in case you haven't noticed, that i'm not too concerned with.

so, just so i don't waste any of your precious time, to sum up what i've just said? you, sir, can fuck off and take your false perceptions of me elsewhere.
Old 03.06.2008, 04:32 AM   #22
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Yr allowed an opinion, but you're being a total twat. Why wish that a band you hate but many others love doesn't reunite? What adverse effects will it have on you? That's mighty selfish.

Also you've been a pretentious bitch lately. . .
Seriously. . . the little "hateful teenager that is really into themself and generally hateful of everyone and everything" act isn't cute.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I would have said.

You really shouldn't say shit about a great band like Pavement if you can't do anything better yourself. I don't know of any other band who had so many songs and at the same time made each one of them different and amazing. Maybe GBV.

Anyway, enough with the sourness. It's getting old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
What about Slanted & Enchanted?
Always been a Wowee man myself.
Old 03.06.2008, 04:35 AM   #23
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
how do you know i can't do anything better? you've never heard anything i've composed. so YOU can't really talk shit about me can you? it's all subjective anyway so who cares?
please just accept the fact that i don't like pavement and i never will and get over it. please accept the fact that i am sour and cynical by nature and i always will be and get over it.
Old 03.06.2008, 04:39 AM   #24
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
You can't do better because you're obviously too busy hanging around here whinging.
Old 03.06.2008, 04:41 AM   #25
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

ooookay, whatever. forget that i have two albums worth of shit in the can that i've done in the past two weeks.
Old 03.06.2008, 04:44 AM   #26
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

So you have the quantity, but do you have the quality?
Old 03.06.2008, 04:46 AM   #27
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
oh, I'M SORRY that i'm not catering to your specific whims and fitting the archetype of the perfect sweet contrite sweater wearing indie rock girl you've dreamed up in your head. i'll try harder to please you, i promise.

i'm NOT influenced by other artists.
pavement can go ahead and reunite for all i care, but they still suck.. that's just, like, my OPINION, man. apparently i have to fucking censor myself and not be a smartass when 90% of the time i'm fucking joking anyway in order to please other people, which is something, in case you haven't noticed, that i'm not too concerned with.

so, just so i don't waste any of your precious time, to sum up what i've just said? you, sir, can fuck off and take your false perceptions of me elsewhere.

That response just so totally reinforced my negative stereotype of you.

Sorry, but I don't have a sweatered indie rock chick fantasy, and I don't begrudge you for not fitting any mold, I really couldn't give a shit.

Yr conceited and pretentious little act has just been getting really annoying as of late.

If you are joking 90% of the time to please people, doesn't that make you incredibly concerned with pleasing people?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 04:47 AM   #28
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

You're also no where near as charming as Pavement, Cantanky.
Old 03.06.2008, 06:15 AM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
That response just so totally reinforced my negative stereotype of you.

Sorry, but I don't have a sweatered indie rock chick fantasy, and I don't begrudge you for not fitting any mold, I really couldn't give a shit.

Yr conceited and pretentious little act has just been getting really annoying as of late.

If you are joking 90% of the time to please people, doesn't that make you incredibly concerned with pleasing people?
i'm not joking to please people. sorry, that's just how i am, like it or not. it's not an act, i AM conceited and pretentious and i don't take shit from 22 year old virgins.
Old 03.06.2008, 06:23 AM   #30
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I'd go with bored.
I think that Pixies and Pavement are two bands that absolutely anybody can enjoy. I can't understand how anyway can't like them, they just tick all the boxes.

I know people with very good taste who hate Pavement. I'm not a fan myself as I actually don't think they're groundbreaking at all (their sound is too much drawn from The Fall and Television for me and their "fucking up" of songs on purpose annoy me). I just like a few of their songs like Here or Fin.
Old 03.06.2008, 06:43 AM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm no fan of the pixies, they're pretty boring if you ask me. and i couldn't give two hoots if pavement reunite.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 06:43 AM   #32
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I don't come round here too too much, at least not to post. i usually just read. But i do come round when i hear people talking Pavement. I just do. Cuz i love em...esp S.M. for how brilliant he is. yeah, I put em up there with Pixies, early REM. and the mighty SY. SM is a true songwriter, more than most of the heavyweight big bands out there..

I def don't understand comparisons to Fall and Television. They sound completely like neither. Mark E Smith is lucky to grab one melody per tune for Gods sakes. Try putting that boy on an acoustic next to SM and you'll see what i mean..

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 06:47 AM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Theres a sense of inevitability about this, its clearly going to happen at some point. I personally think its a good thing if they reform no matter what they do, theyre one of those bands where i like everything they did (Yes, even Terror Twilight), and im not old enough to have seen them play originally.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 06:48 AM   #34
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
I def don't understand comparisons to Fall and Television. They sound completely like neither. Mark E Smith is lucky to grab one melody per tune for Gods sakes. Try putting that boy on an acoustic next to SM and you'll see what i mean..

Conduit for sale - New Face in Hell.
I love both bands, but look it up and youll see what people mean.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 06:52 AM   #35
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
Try putting that boy on an acoustic next to SM and you'll see what i mean..

this is maybe the most ridicilous proposal i've heard in a while
Old 03.06.2008, 07:17 AM   #36
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
this is maybe the most ridicilous proposal i've heard in a while

Yes, but perhaps only b/c it would expose naked talent.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 07:21 AM   #37
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
It all depends how you define talent. I don't dislike Pavement but I find Mark E. Smith to be more interesting than Stephen Malkmus...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 07:25 AM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

yeah, also because mark e smith isn't a guitarist. maybe to make it fair we should make them both play the tuba, and see what happens?
Old 03.06.2008, 07:26 AM   #39
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
they will play London and it will be like £25 a ticket, plus £39 for train fair each way, and about £75 for hotel accommodation, all in all it won't be worth it.

i saw SM & The Jicks a few years ago, it was pretty good, but everyone in the audience was wearing plaid, which was a little distracting.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 07:50 AM   #40
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I can't say that a Pavement reunion is something that would affect my life either way.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth