Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page bloody panda [(and krallice) and mick barr]
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2008, 01:08 AM   #1
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
http://www.myspace.com/bpanda

Anyone familiar? I saw these guys/gal in brooklyn a couple nights ago and really enjoyed it. Heavy droney doom with a japanese front woman who kills it. Also i believe the drummer from krallice is involved. So fucking loud, pieces of ceiling were crumbling above them. Anyways, thought someone here might enjoy it. Picked up the record and it's pretty damn good. The singer was incredibly nice.

Oh yeah; the dudes from Krallice were there and I overheard them talking about how they were writing new stuff because they're sick of playing the old stuff. Good news for 2009!!!

And how good/underrated is Ocrillim-Annwyn?

....I figured all this stuff fit under one thread.
Old 12.11.2008, 07:36 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Bloody Panda are decent, the split with Kayo Dot is worth checking out.

Annwyn is great.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2008, 04:03 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yeah Ocrillim is pretty nutty. Almost gets exhausting just listening to Mick play.

But damn, he might be the artist of the year between two great records, Krallica and Ocrillim. Plus all the great live shows, and the violent free jazz stuff with weasel.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2008, 08:48 AM   #4
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the tip, chairman!

I like Ocrillim as well, but it's definitely an acquired taste - listening to Annwn all the way through is like reading Gravity's Rainbow in one night.

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth