Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sex Pistols FULL Live Last Show 14 Jan 1978
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2007, 02:10 AM   #21
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
inbred loser. 37 going on 13 years old.
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 02:16 AM   #22
sarramkrop

Atari, do i need to up the dose again? Don't make me do it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 04:27 AM   #23
sarramkrop

There should be a new category to describe certain people: Not just music jorrnalists who are frustrated musicians, but nobodies who are frustrated music journalists.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 08:37 AM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The wise and good council of immaculate perception has damned me.
Praise the council...Bravo and Hallelujah.

Oh council, I fear thee.
Oh council, although I fear thee, I love thee as well.

Please believe me.
Please forgive me.

Dear wise and good council of immaculate perception, it is my prayer that you will have mercy on me.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 12:31 PM   #25
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
wow thanks for those links, i wasnt aware this shit was up on the nets
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 07:35 AM   #26
sarramkrop

Some cool clips, not entire performances:

New York Dolls-Personality Crisis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-iwHbnXXo

primitive calculators - I can't stop it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtG9KMTwYsU

dow jones and the industrials - girls and machines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqvsTkFrr7M

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 08:20 AM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yeah, dow jones and the industrials!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 08:51 AM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

Sex Pistols 1/28/78 Winterland San Francisco
The .flv video downloads as 149 MB; after conversion, the .avi video expands to 538 MB, so it's not great, but it's decent quality for viewing on a television, and hearing on a sound system. The video is slightly lo-res; by no means is it a crisp image, but it's not tremendously bad with blocks only appearing when the lights are out. The audio is not bad, but it's not great either. Like many other videos, the vocals are too high in the soundboard mix and the drums sound a bit thin. One doesn't get the opportunity to really hear what they sounded like as a result. I had to do some fiddling with the stereo to get it sounding fairly fierce.
I can tell that this wasn't their best show really, but still the audio is partly to blame because the audio is fairly weak. No soundcheck was allowed beforehand. The monitors did not work at all. Steve Jones refers to it as the worst show they ever played. It's also bit ridiculous to expect much if you only happened to listen to it through a computer. It would be super to hear it remastered. A little but of the audio (Silver Jubilee, Huddersfield, San Fran) in the Filth & the Fury doc is remastered, although most of the live footage in the documentary is set to studio cuts.

When the Sex Pistols first came over to America after being virtually expelled from England, they had already been dropped by EMI and A&M were on a "last chance" basis with Virgin to do the tour and see what happened with American sales. Sid was (perhaps a bit unreasonably) ordered completely off the horse and he went through withdrawls while on tour.

That is, until Winterland. Sid went out with Malcolm into the streets of San Francisco and managed to score before this last show. Lydon was fed-up with Malcolm (something that had been coming for a long time) and when Steve didn't go along (something he's voiced regret over now), Lydon dissolved the group.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 02:09 PM   #29
sarramkrop

Nico Icon

http://6.upload.dailymotion.com/vide...ch/nico+icon/1
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth