Master Of Puppets 8 38.10%
...And Justice For All 4 19.05%
Metallica (a.k.a. "The Black Album") 0 0%
Load/Reload/St Anger 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05.09.2006, 05:16 PM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Justice
Old 05.09.2006, 05:18 PM   #3
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
Kill 'em All & Ride the Lightning rules!
Old 05.09.2006, 05:37 PM   #4
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Ride the Lightning, though in fairness, I haven't heard all the albums listed.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 05:39 PM   #5
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i don't get the joke, but i love metallica. ride the lightning.

master of puppets is one of the all-time best songs EVER, though.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 08:13 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
To each their own (when it comes to this sort of thing at least), thewall91, but I like Battery & Damage, Inc. off of that album more than the title track.

My favorite Metallica is without question the Garage Days Re-Revisted ep (1987...sandwiched release-wise between Master of Puppets & ...And Justice for All) & it's not among the list of choices in the poll. They repackaged it with the Garage, Inc. thing in 1998.

It's funny (to me), but I've been listeing to a little Metallica lately. A few of my friends that come over usually want to hear metal or rap. So, I tried to get them interested in this Punk compilation of Metallica & the Fade to Bluegrass Metallica cover cds to hopefully listen to something other than Metallica outright. They also like Smashing Pumpkins which is probably the coolest thing they even like & which I'm also very burnt-out on as well. As far as rap, only one of the friends likes anything decent like Public Enemy or the Beastie Boys or something.

i distinctly remember the first time I was really exposed to a lot of Metallica. I was a sophomore in college & kind of stranded at this house out in the country that had a party the night before & all this Metallica was being played. It aggravated me that people would listen to this heavy formulaic music & not give heavy creative music like Sonic Youth a chance.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 08:32 PM   #7
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Master of Puppets, but i've never listened to ...And Justice For All or anything after the black album. i imagine that i would like ...AJFA but probably not anything post-black album.

Metallica was one of the first bands that i really latched onto and loved. i started listening to them pretty heavily in the sixth grade or so.
Old 05.09.2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Metallica died with Cliff Burton. Justice was okay, but a transitional album and very "dry" sounding. I bought the self titled album the day it came out, and I was so disappointed....so, so disappointed. "The Unforgiven"...please...Hetfield was not meant to actually sing. Though I suppose when you're rich there's not much to fuel the anger that once inspiried the music you write.
Old 05.09.2006, 09:17 PM   #9
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
at this house out in the country that had a party the night before & all this Metallica was being played.

this describes my teenage years.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 09:34 PM   #10
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like Metallica

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:10 AM   #11
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
when i was younger, ride the lightning was my fave; i played that tape so much it once got stuck in my walkman and got crapped out. i was devastated!! one of the first cds i ever bought was ride the lightning since i had to replace it and didn't want to risk another spaghetti incident.

now, i really can't decide from the first 4, even if i don't listen to them that much anymore. i love the punkiness on kill 'em all, i love the slight sophistication in ride, master is a fucking epic (the thing that should not be is so amazing yet simple, and how about orion?), and justice for all rules for me, i love how long it is and how the dynamics go through out.

the black album, i like a couple of songs in it, sad but true is great, of wolf and man is a stomper. but it pretty much sucks, it has no energy or balls, it's just distortion and compression, plus they entered a zone in songwriting they weren't familiar with at all, so they were doomed to fail.

load i like but not as a metallica album, actually, i like it better than the black album. i think it's great and an experiment worth taking, some songs there are winners.

reload is the outtakes album repackaged, it has some of metallica's worst songs ever (fuel? the unforgiven PART II?!!), i like the country song in there.

st anger is their worst, no guitar solos, downtuning, barking, insipid lyrics, and on top of everything, personal drama and marketing all around it.

atari: i thought of putting garage days, but i thought i would stick with the official full lenghts. but i agree, it's one of their best, worth getting half of garage inc for that and their early covers collection.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:16 AM   #12
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
This probably belongs in the "unpopular musical opinions" thread, but my favouite Metallica album is S&M, the live one with the symphony orchestra.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:19 AM   #13
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
This probably belongs in the "unpopular musical opinions" thread, but my favouite Metallica album is S&M, the live one with the symphony orchestra.

yes it does
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth