Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page From moik (evol.org) - SY Vinyl
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2008, 02:34 PM   #21
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by moik
wow - thanks for all the kind words.

chris - send me yr email address and i'll send you the rest of the gear pics.

if you remember evol.org as a sort of busy, crowded page - that was on purpose. i wouldn't do well in today's world of elegant web design. my thinking was that since sonic youth was "difficult" music (compared to mainstream music) that often morphed into total chaos i would make evol.org similarly difficult - that is to say there was NOISE, the backgrounds were often extremely busy and the print maybe a little hard to read on certain pages. and there were sometimes links that weren't obvious and could easily be missed. kind of annoying at times.

i think it said, on the top:

this page is best viewed with netscape . . . and a beer and a ciggie wouldn't hurt either.

btw - i did that page with a dial up - that's all most people had back then; and i learned html by looking at other pages with "view source." and then copying the html tags into notepad. it was a lot of fun. try view source now and it is clear that not many people write html that way anymore!

yeh, and alt.music.sonic-youth was my obsession back than a lot of fun. the best part was when at one point thurston and lee (mostly thurston) started posting to the forum.

i knew they were real,but most of the regulars thought they were fake, you know, people pretending to be thurston and lee. (thurston was fempriest and lee was eyemote) and there were other people who were fake - pretending to be band members. and thurston (fempriest) was purposely ambiguous as to whether or not it was really him. so here were the biggest sonic youth fans telling thurston to shut up and quit pretending he was thurston - it was pretty funny. i bet it is all archived on google "groups."

anyway, thanks for all your kind words.

m

I was too young to really be involved with the newsgroup, but I found this funny archive:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...b92e65412 1b4
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 03:02 PM   #22
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=&start=0&scoring=d&enc_author=y1gYmBEAAAA Qv5CrpfBR_x-UmXJbOPFukdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q&filter=0&

thurston's posts

ah ha this could be a goldmine of quotes:
talkin' 'bout ciccone youth:
"one of my favorite most fucked up rec'gs ever "

'bout "eyes and theet"

"no - that was just a throwaway but fun one for that index magazine cd - we
needed lyrix so i picked up a....magazine!....one called Frank - a uk hip
fashion thing and read / sang the 1st article i opened to - it was called 'eyes
& teeth' - i was reading/singing aloud and the music was basically written
banged out on an autoharp my brother gave me and lee banged a DRUm - steve
mightve done something - kim thumbsed up and we sent it off..
peace - t."

"
It's been alot of fun, but sooner or later the truth must be known. I am
not Thurston Moore, but I am a good friend of his, and he knows all about
the fun I have been having. "
edit: is there a way to save this stuff for off-line reading?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 03:35 PM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I've always always always loved "Eyes and Teeth." It's probably my favorite b-side they ever recorded, and always wished it was on 7" vinyl. Ooh.

Chris L hates it. As most of you probably do as well.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 05:54 PM   #24
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this page is best viewed with netscape . . . and a beer and a ciggie wouldn't hurt either.

Wow, that's a blast from the past
Already watching a couple of yr 7"s on eBay...
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 10:14 PM   #25
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
i was there 'back in the day'...used to peep the sy and minutemen stuff.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 10:46 AM   #26
moik
empty page

moik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant future
say - put all the files from evol.org into a zip file and uploaded it as a yousendit file that will be available for seven days (starting yesterday). chris (or anybody else, for that matter) if you need the link email me

ex_magician "@t" yahoo "dot" c o m

moik
or there

http://www.last.fm/user/moik/
moik is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 10:48 AM   #27
moik
empty page

moik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant futuremoik has a brilliant future
oh - and it's funny because the whole thing adds up to only 18-19 MBs.

back then i was limited to how much i could upload and had evol.org on two servers!

aaron (from here, i think) asked for the files so maybe some of it will be used in this website.

m
or there

http://www.last.fm/user/moik/
moik is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 02:55 PM   #28
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hell yes I remember your site!! I was on dial up too back then....ha! Good times, good times. Your site and the Shouting the Poetic Truths of High School Journal Keepers site were great. I think there was another SY site I used to go to, but I can't remember the name.
Old 01.19.2008, 05:16 PM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Hell yes I remember your site!! I was on dial up too back then....ha! Good times, good times. Your site and the Shouting the Poetic Truths of High School Journal Keepers site were great. I think there was another SY site I used to go to, but I can't remember the name.

Was that SonicTooth.com ?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 06:43 PM   #30
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
sounds like it was a really good site, I can only imagine. That blue 7" 'kooler thing' really was tempting me, looks awesome, but looks like I'm too late.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 12:39 PM   #31
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by moik
what's up chris? i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people on this board don't remember evol.org. if somebody was, say, in college right now, they'd have been like nine or ten years old when evol.org was up and running.

ha ha - i'm 48! but then again i'm the same age (approximately) as the band members.

moik

wow, moik!!!!
how are you? really fucking great to see you here!!!! i'm now 32, and with the same sonic power inside me!!!!!!!!!

:-)
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 05:11 PM   #32
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, blast from the past. That was the second SY site I visited; the first one being the not very exciting www.geffen.com/sonicyouth.html or something along those lines... it took me a while to find out about that SY newsgroup.

I liked the way your site was completely unorganised, a total mess of random links but in a good way.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2008, 01:34 PM   #33
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Was that SonicTooth.com ?
Yeah, that was def. one.....I know there was another one too that I can't remember.
Old 01.22.2008, 02:13 PM   #34
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
how about Saucer-Like? Noone used to go there?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2008, 02:24 PM   #35
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
saucerlike was up in 1999. it had a picture of a fist where you could choose the different sections.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2008, 02:28 PM   #36
RoadkillKid
little trouble girl

RoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. Hey moik. Your site was my absolute SY bible for years, dialling up on my 14.4 baud from South Africa. I can indeed confirm that the site was best viewed with a ciggie and a beer. Welcome back to the land of the living, man. You've been missed.
RoadkillKid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth