Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.21.2014, 04:11 PM   #5661
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've not seen anything about that goal. Sports coverage here is pretty local and would probably rather just replay this all day long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tVnpwp8d4

ha ha ha-- that is from another century! there's a sign for "personal computers" ha ha ha.

but you don't get BT Sport? where is that signal coming from, then?

http://sport.bt.com/video-0136381440...=3797679037001

they show german & italian games on weekends

of course at this point i have a football headache
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2014, 04:27 PM   #5662
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
He did it again, of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjWZXnTn9A

BT sport is a channel for people who have BT (British Telecom) Broadband.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2014, 06:26 PM   #5663
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

why are american announcers so completely annoying? i have no rational explanation for this. but they are.

Quote:
BT sport is a channel for people who have BT (British Telecom) Broadband.

ah…. so it's a web-only channel? looks pretty great. you should get it ha ha ha ha.
Old 09.21.2014, 06:31 PM   #5664
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why are american announcers so completely annoying? i have no rational explanation for this. but they are.

ah…. so it's a web-only channel? looks pretty great. you should get it ha ha ha ha.
I dont like ANY English speaking announcing crews, shit even MLS games are better in Spanish yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2014, 02:26 AM   #5665
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I have Sky which I pay for and I tend to think my gf would soon become my ex gf if I got another football package.

I had a fever pitch moment recently where I was laying in bed staring up at the ceiling. She asked me what I was thinking about and I couldn't tell her the truth (that I was working out whether to captain Rooney or Costa in my fantasy football team that week) so I lied and told her I was thinking about a design exhibition we'd recently been to.
Old 09.22.2014, 09:30 AM   #5666
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I have Sky which I pay for and I tend to think my gf would soon become my ex gf if I got another football package.

my wife and i watch together so i'm very lucky in that department

Quote:
I had a fever pitch moment recently where I was laying in bed staring up at the ceiling. She asked me what I was thinking about and I couldn't tell her the truth (that I was working out whether to captain Rooney or Costa in my fantasy football team that week) so I lied and told her I was thinking about a design exhibition we'd recently been to.
\\haaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa

you need to extend that scene into a full screenplay
Old 09.22.2014, 11:06 AM   #5667
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
you need to extend that scene into a full screenplay

Haha. I probably should. We're trying to organise a holiday to Buenos Aires at the moment. I gently mentioned whether it'd be at all possible to book it to coincide with a superclassico. She not so gently told me to fuck right off.

And don't even mention formula 1.
Old 09.22.2014, 11:42 AM   #5668
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
To demonrail and h8kurdt,thanks for the insight. So its like figured, more about history and fan opinion rather a serious loss? See again that is why me and rob like divisional rivalries better.. and they can be JUST AS HISTORIC as any futbol rivalry. In MLB the Dodgers and Giants have been feuding since 1883! In NFL the bears and packers since 1940.. the major difference between the Dodgers giants rivalry and say the Superclassico is that these two teams play in the same division, they are literally guaranteed to play over A DOZEN games EACH YEAR against each other and you can put em on the calendar well in advance. For ecample right now dodgers have a 3 game lead on giants BUT they have 3 games remaining this season, and whoever gets 2 of 3 will take the division and so clinch a playoff berth. With NFL, last season all the Bears needed to do was win ONE GAME against the Packers and Chicago would have taken the division and packers would have missed the playoffs entirely. Instead Packers won that game and Bears missed the playoffs. ALL that decided by a single regular season game!! I suppose the equivalent in futbol are the Group Stages of Tournament play, where a win also hurts the other teams chance of advancing out.... the fundamental difference is again in divisional games each group is the same every season, it makes the rivalry and history so much more predictably intense AND makes otherwise less significant regular season games become crucial ELIMINATION GAMES

Two sporting cultures divided by the pronunciation of defence
Old 09.22.2014, 12:04 PM   #5669
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This is true. Cant forget great bball division of rivalries like pacers bulls or the sixers-celtics though nba is much like futbol in that the real rivalries are in the playoffs

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2014, 12:44 PM   #5670
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Haha. I probably should. We're trying to organise a holiday to Buenos Aires at the moment. I gently mentioned whether it'd be at all possible to book it to coincide with a superclassico. She not so gently told me to fuck right off.

And don't even mention formula 1.

ha ha ha ha ha

damn!!

tickets would be very hard to get though wouldn't they?
Old 09.22.2014, 12:56 PM   #5671
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that didn't keep him from trying to score again though from a midfield shot.

SPEAKING OF MIDFIELD SHOTS (and beyond)

behold this shot by moritz stoppelkamp who plays for the current leader of the bundesliga table, paderborn, which was just promoted and will face bayern mid-week:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26...-09-2014_sport

bhaaa haaa haaa haaa

no, it's not faked

Brilliant. Would've loved to see someone do that with keeper/goalscorer Peter Schmeichel

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2014, 12:57 PM   #5672
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Old 09.23.2014, 12:55 PM   #5673
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

espn uk is about to show bayern/paderborn

new promotion vs last year's champion mid-week with injuries galore

i expect a highly weird match

--

ps- robben is back on! and alaba & lahm are back in defense (thank shmoe)

pps- 2-0 @ 13'! mhuahahahahahaha. this bayern i like. guardiolo probably got a good talking-to by the powers that be.

-- ETA: final score 4-0! looks like guardiolo found a way to solve his constipation. after they got plugged up at 2-0 he brought in bernat for lewandowski (with some front-line rearrangements) and hojber for xabi alonso. 2 more goals in the last, oh, 15 or 20 minutes?

also, dante looks so much better with lahm and alaba at his side instead of poor rafinha.

anyway, great comeback from that horrible hamburg game.
Old 09.24.2014, 11:09 AM   #5674
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Come on ... get with it ... the Prem, man ... The Prem!

Old 09.24.2014, 12:57 PM   #5675
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

ha ha ha ha!

i don't know if i can find the time but i wouldn't mind checking some games here and there-- please let me know of good ones when you can.

a bunch of bundesliga games are about to start in 5'. i'll be watching dortmund-stuttgart. stuttgart is at the bottom of the table, but i'm interested in dortmund and how they handle injuries, etc., in advance of next week's CL games.

schalke beat werder bremen 3-0 yesterday, which is good for schalke's prospects next week as well.
Old 09.24.2014, 01:33 PM   #5676
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
ha ha ha ha!

i don't know if i can find the time but i wouldn't mind checking some games here and there-- please let me know of good ones when you can.

a bunch of bundesliga games are about to start in 5'. i'll be watching dortmund-stuttgart. stuttgart is at the bottom of the table, but i'm interested in dortmund and how they handle injuries, etc., in advance of next week's CL games.

schalke beat werder bremen 3-0 yesterday, which is good for schalke's prospects next week as well.

The Everton/Liverpool derby this weekend is going to be as tense as it always it. Oh and there's he OTHER derby Arsenal/Tottenham on the same day. It's a late kick of too.

Old 09.24.2014, 01:34 PM   #5677
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

Basically this.

Old 09.24.2014, 03:02 PM   #5678
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Basically this.

getting the prem in the US is a very expensive proposition, north of $100/mo, and going up every year. fuck cable & their scams (this includes satellite with their first year "discounts" to get you hooked).

CL shows on a fox website, and Bundesliga shows on klowdTv (some new shit)-- i have subscriptions to both for less than $20/mo total; i supplement with streams when lazy/unavailable/whatever, but the streams are crap and often just pure torture.

----

today after a dull first half stuttgart shocked dortmund by scoring 2 goals--schmelzer had a crap day. dortmund came back w/ goals by aubameyang + immobile and really tried hard to win it (hummels was sent in for the last 1/2 hour, a first this season) but in the end they couldn't score a third. fun 2nd half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
The Everton/Liverpool derby this weekend is going to be as tense as it always it. Oh and there's he OTHER derby Arsenal/Tottenham on the same day. It's a late kick of too.

oh i heard that earlier… that might be nice to catch if i can...
Old 09.25.2014, 09:44 AM   #5679
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
getting the prem in the US is a very expensive proposition, north of $100/mo, and going up every year. fuck cable & their scams (this includes satellite with their first year "discounts" to get you hooked).

CL shows on a fox website, and Bundesliga shows on klowdTv (some new shit)-- i have subscriptions to both for less than $20/mo total; i supplement with streams when lazy/unavailable/whatever, but the streams are crap and often just pure torture.

Agree about the streams. They're pretty much unwatchable. Maybe there's a free highlights show on a regular station. Either that or a sports bar - although I imagine the appeal of those depends a lot on if you like buffalo wings.

AOB: Anyone watching the Ryder Cup?
Old 09.25.2014, 12:10 PM   #5680
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Agree about the streams. They're pretty much unwatchable. Maybe there's a free highlights show on a regular station. Either that or a sports bar - although I imagine the appeal of those depends a lot on if you like buffalo wings.

it's not so much about buffalo wings (i love good ones, loathe bad ones), it's about the economics of bar food. after spending $50 in shit food i end up thinking i could have bought some nice steaks and wine to go with it for the same money-- and then, adding week after week, satellite tv would end up cheaper/faster/easier.

i'll try to catch that meyser…serserser derby this weekend though. sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote:
AOB: Anyone watching the Ryder Cup?

i had to google that. golf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLW1Kh6Tf_Y
234274281282283 284 285286287294334384 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth