Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.05.2010, 12:20 AM   #13021
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses

Old 11.05.2010, 05:19 AM   #13022
Stijn
bad moon rising

Stijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's asses

Good
Stijn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 11:21 AM   #13023
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Paranormal Activity 2 fucking blew. The House of the Devil was pretty cool. I'm still holding onto horror movie month.

Did anyone see tha trailer for the new Coen Bros. film, True Grit? Looks interesting enough...
Old 11.05.2010, 11:21 AM   #13024
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I loved House Of The Devil
Old 11.05.2010, 11:41 AM   #13025
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Faces and Following rule. VIEWTIFUL ALAN -- did you see my posat on facebook with all the johnnie to films? It's missing his newish ones -- fulltime killer (his best imo), Mad Detective, Sparrow, etc -- but still has tons of great ones, including some that are really hard to find. I highly reccomend THE MISSION, BREAKING NEWS, EXILED, HERO NEVER DIES (so fucking good! Fuck!) RUNNING OUT OF TIME, FULLTIME KILLER, and 3 films he produced: EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED,ODD ONE DIES, and the absolute masterpiece TOO MANY WAYS TO BE NO. 1... an absolutely insane movie, with the camera spinning all around, hanging upside down, getting blood splattered all over it... great great fucking movie.. do whatever you can to see it.. it's on asiatorrents, cinemageddon, karagarga, surrealmoviez, and probably some public trackers and shit... see TOO MANY WAYS TO BE NO. 1 immediately, I can not TELL YOU how great it is. It's one of the few films clearly inspired by Takeshi Kitano that does something unique and interesting and isn't a clear ripoff of Kitano. Also, Run Lola Run ripped it off.

House of the Devil is one of the most boring films I've seen in a long long time. It was aesthetically pleasing, though, which is probably enough for most people. It looked pretty good and came out on vhs. Which is cool.

I've been on a huge Woody Allen kick. I've seen every single one of his films now except some of his early "screwball" comedies which don't interest me in the least. He's a great director, despite often repeating lines, plots, characters, etc. from film to film (it's VERY RARE that he ever experiments in any meaningful way, aside from the editing in Husbands & Wives and Deconstructing Harry... also, why are his title sequences EXACTLY THE SAME in 95% of his films?) I feel comfortable now with making a top 10 list of my favorite Woody movies... it probably doesn't stray too far from most people's top 10 lists of Woody films, but I've noticed I do love a few of his films some people seem to hate (cElebrity! I highly reccomend everyone watch this one, this has Leonardo Dicaprio's best role ever, a few months after Titanic, ever.. you get to see him be coked-out and fucked-up and scream and be abusive to women and be a madman... it's great!)..

1. Annie Hall
2. Celebrity
3. Husbands and Wives
4. Manhattan
5. Crimes and Misdemeanors
6. Stardust Memories
7. Deconstructing Harry
8. Hannah and Her Sisters
9. Interiors
10. September

Anyone else REALLY like Woody Allen? *crickets chirp* I will say, he hasn't made a great film in a while... even the much-loved Match Point was horrible. Whatever Works was pretty fun, but it got old a bit too fast... wouldn't WORKED if it had been a short.

One of the greatest directors of all time, though. I highly reccomend the weird as hell documentary "MEETIN WA", where Godard interviewed him and clearly, neither one understands each other. It's hilarious.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 11:52 AM   #13026
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't find House Of The Devil boring at all. But of course, we're re-treading old ground now.
Old 11.05.2010, 01:13 PM   #13027
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, that always happens. Someone mention Kick-Ass or Death Proof!

Old 11.05.2010, 01:14 PM   #13028
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I have no opinion on Kick-Ass as I still haven't seen it. haha.
Old 11.05.2010, 01:16 PM   #13029
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Your usual opinion is "it doesn't look good to me but I haven't seen it."

Old 11.05.2010, 01:17 PM   #13030
noisereductions
invito al cielo

hahahahaha that's true. Yeah.
Old 11.05.2010, 03:40 PM   #13031
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 04:17 PM   #13032
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Adam, you've seen Sleeper right? I haven't seen all of Allen's films... but that's definitely my favorite.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 05:02 PM   #13033
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses

6,5/10 mwaaah
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 05:29 PM   #13034
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Anyone else REALLY like Woody Allen? *crickets chirp* I will say, he hasn't made a great film in a while... even the much-loved Match Point was horrible. Whatever Works was pretty fun, but it got old a bit too fast... wouldn't WORKED if it had been a short.
i don't think he's the most original director ever, but he wears his influences (bergman, fellini, groucho, et al) on his sleeve very well while putting his own spin on things. i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoy about a dozen or so of his films. i think he's been more or less consistent up until "bullets over broadway" (sorry, i absolutely hate "deconstructing harry") with his last worthwhile film being "sweet and lowdown" (terribly underrated.) i don't get the fuss over "match point." "scoop" and "whatever works" are alright.

top ten:

1. annie hall
2. manhattan
3. stardust memories
4. love and death
5. zelig
6. hannah and her sisters
7. interiors
8. the purple rose of cairo
9. crimes and misdemeanors
10. husbands and wives

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 05:44 PM   #13035
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubarret

6,5/10 mwaaah

Very much my opinion of it, too. It's OK but felt a bit too much like a 90 minute Pink Floyd promo.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 06:14 PM   #13036
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

RAMPO NOIR was a masterpiece. What was your favorite story of the 4? Mine was probably "Caterpillar", which was genuinely disturbing. Also, the mirror one was so crazy... how did they get some of those shots without showing the camera? Also, the first story.. just an incredible movie. Everyone needs to see RAMPO NOIR.

I loved Wizards, the rotoscoping is excellent, but I agree it's not as good as Heavy Traffic, but then, nothing is. Heavy Traffic is lifechanging. I LOVE Fritz the Cat too. His Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is the best LotR adaptation ever!

Joe, Sleeper is alright. I've never known anyone to call it their favorite of his films, so that's funny. Parts of the story remind me of ZARDOZ, haha...

Or, hell, maybe Demolition Man, also. Haha. It's alright, it's just a comedy that doesn't make me laugh, a sci-fi film that doesn't make me think, and a drama that isn't dramatic. I think he disowned it -- but he doesn't like any of his films except Purple Rose of Cairo (which is alright), Match Point (which SUCKS), and Husbands and Wives (which rules). He also thinks Manhattan is a bad film -- which is ridiculous.

Supercreep, nice list, why do you hate Deconstructing Harry? It's a weird film, kinda sloppy and inconsistent, but I dug it a lot. There's someting more to it. At least we all love Annie Hall.

I watched:

Running on Karma - 7/10

Insane over the top weird film.

Old 11.05.2010, 06:26 PM   #13037
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

this cover is so funny:

Old 11.05.2010, 06:37 PM   #13038
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Supercreep, nice list, why do you hate Deconstructing Harry? It's a weird film, kinda sloppy and inconsistent, but I dug it a lot. There's someting more to it. At least we all love Annie Hall.
it just strikes me as very poor-self parody - woody's stock neurotic character, obligatory bergman references, rehashed plots from earlier films, etc. the acting is for the most part incredibly awful and there's nothing in any of the characters that make me give a shit about them at all, which makes it a chore to sit through. everything i hate about woody allen in 90 minutes.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2010, 06:44 PM   #13039
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

hah. I can see that. I dug it though. Why does Woody Allen stutter so much? Just watched a 2 hour documentary on him and he didn't stutter one time in real life...

Old 11.05.2010, 07:00 PM   #13040
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't watched any of the movies, but just going based off of what I know, Woody Allen just offers low appeal to me.
552602642649650651 652 6536546556627027521152 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth