Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Oh my god,...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
all i know is that oasis have written better songs than jay-z.

not in a long while, though.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 05:04 PM   #22
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i can't take Liam at all seriously, did you see him on Gordon Ramsey's Tv show, i laughed so hard at his hair!!!!!!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 05:08 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm all for pushing people's expectations and getting them to confront prejudices within their own cultural habits. The safe bet for Glastonbury would be for them to book the usual array of suspects: Muse, Radiohead, whatever. the logical choice for the much coveted (career was) Pyramid Stage headline slot this year would've probably been Sigur Ros. And so I applaud Glastonbury's decision to book Jay-Z. The fact that all it'll really achieve is giving thousands of Radiohead fans an opportunity to listen to a black rap artist before sending them back home to their copies of Kid A is not Michael Eavis' fault, nor is the fact that, in Jay-Z, he chose one of the least interesting figures in rap. Maybe next year he'll take the next step and book Wiley. It won't happen of course (primarily for commercial reasons) but the idea that a festival that has for so long been linked with a certain type of music is looking outside of its comfort zone is nothing but a good thing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 05:32 PM   #24
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i can't take Liam at all seriously...

me either, i love the behind the music or whatever they made on them, and they had to subtitle liam.

still, they have written some good pop songs.
Old 06.30.2008, 05:44 PM   #25
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
reasonable doubt, blueprint, life and times of sean carter, and even that american gangster from last year have great tracks, sometimes brilliant tracks. gangster rap meets pop. to be honeast, im a fan.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 05:53 PM   #26
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
me either, i love the behind the music or whatever they made on them, and they had to subtitle liam.

still, they have written some good pop songs.

Really? thats so funny.

I won't even give them that "they have written some good songs" my hatred towards them out-weighs any song they would ever write.
Old 06.30.2008, 05:58 PM   #27
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

i know i would hate them if i lived in the uk; but i have distance to my advantage.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:00 PM   #28
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Quote:
wimbledon has gone fucking crazy as well. some people need to be shot point-blank in the head.

what provoked this comment, if i may ask haha?
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 06:03 PM   #29
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
The Scotts, I assume.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 06:04 PM   #30
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
what provoked this comment, if i may ask haha?

he who shall not be named who beat Richard Gasquet, he behaved disgustingly, and needs to be dealt with. He is the one who provoked my rant here.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=4554

but he is not worth another moment of my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
The Scotts, I assume.

If you saw the game you would feel the same, it was a disgusting display. He is the worst kind of person, a spoilt little brat who most certainly missed out on many well-deserved slaps from his parents as a child.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:07 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Meh, anything over these miserable twats;

seriously. the UK should deport Oasis, cuz apparently after their death in America, they believe themselves to have found a resurrection in the UK, and if you british bastards dare big up Oasis in anyway, and they come back in anyway, I am holding the entire United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and all the former Colonies as well, fully and personally responsible. jesus, when you bury the dead, it is supposed to be deep, lest they come back!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 06:08 PM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ASSHOLES

You're English, it's spelt 'arseholes'.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:10 PM   #33
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
seriously. the UK should deport Oasis, cuz apparently after their death in America, they believe themselves to have found a resurrection in the UK, and if you british bastards dare big up Oasis in anyway, and they come back in anyway, I am holding the entire United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and all the former Colonies as well, fully and personally responsible. jesus, when you bury the dead, it is supposed to be deep, lest they come back!

well generally

Football Fans = Oasis Fans

so thats the problem.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:10 PM   #34
sarramkrop

Funny how Noel Gallagher wanted kids in the Bronx to be listening to Oasis records not so long ago. Yeah, right you racist loser.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 06:11 PM   #35
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
he who shall not be named who beat Richard Gasquet, he behaved disgustingly, and needs to be dealt with. He is the one who provoked my rant here.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=4554

but he is not worth another moment of my time.

If you saw the game you would feel the same, it was a disgusting display. He is the worst kind of person, a spoilt little brat who most certainly missed out on many well-deserved slaps from his parents as a child.
Forgive me.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:13 PM   #36
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
remember a few years ago when Liam got all his front teeth punched out in a fight in a pub???

Man that was funny.

Aahaha, no, but that's great old news to me!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 06:15 PM   #37
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Forgive me.

ha ha ha yes.

It's just upsetting. He has to play my absolute favourite next, a real sweetie pie. And the whole crowd is going to be cheering against him. I can't watch that, its not fair. I can't watch the crowd be like they were to Gasquet tonight to my favourite. No one deserves that.

The crowd not only cheered when Gasquet missed out on points, they booed him when he went for a bathroom break, and when he stepped out onto the court after each of the breaks. It made me so angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Aahaha, no, but that's great old news to me!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n12651455
Old 06.30.2008, 06:16 PM   #38
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Isn't it true that Oasis' career is largely kept afloat nowadays by a massive fanbase in South and Central America? Morrissey had much the same thing for a while, up to about five years ago with the release of his 'comeback' album, You are the Quarry.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:19 PM   #39
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Yes, but Morrissey is quite the witty likeable prick, if I may say so.
Old 06.30.2008, 06:23 PM   #40
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yes, but Morrissey is quite the witty likeable prick, if I may say so.

I can't disagree with that. Just that their careers seem similar in terms of their sharing a rabid fanbase in a part of the world that isn't usually associated with the kinds of music they make.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth