Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page FCC votes for Net Neutrality
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2015, 07:30 PM   #21
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
FCC faces seventh (!) net neutrality lawsuit

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2015, 07:53 PM   #22
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Sneak Attack on Net Neutrality Picks Up Steam in the House
The article is from June 17, but the vote is next week.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 07.11.2015, 08:28 AM   #23
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
^ What's the fucking appropriations bill they're talking about? Just spent five minutes trying to figure it out. Kind of difficult to contact my reps about this if I don't know this rather crucial detail. The highway bill? That's my best guess. My people, my people...get your shit together.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2016, 09:04 PM   #24
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From Demand Progress:

Quote:
The House of Representatives is voting TOMORROW [Friday, April 15] on a bill that would cripple the historic Net Neutrality rule we all fought so hard for.¹

And while the bill is being proposed by Republicans, there's real concern that some Democrats could cross over and vote with Comcast as well.

We can't let that happen—because if this bill is passed with bipartisan support, it could be impossible to stop.

We've launched an all-out push to stop this latest attack on Net Neutrality. Will you donate to help sustain this urgent campaign?

Yes, I'll donate to help stop Comcast's latest attack on Net Neutrality.

Republicans think they can trap Democrats into supporting this bill because they claim all it does is stop the FCC from setting price controls on broadband Internet—which President Obama said he opposes.

But in fact, the bill goes far, far beyond that, and would block the FCC from taking actions to stop the throttling of data or even fraudulent billing—and that's why President Obama has come out against it.²

Do you trust Comcast not to rip-off their customers without government oversight? Me neither.

We're pulling out all the stops to kill this latest attack on Net Neutrality. Will you donate today?

Yes, I'll donate.

Thanks for standing with us.

David and the Demand Progress Team

Sources:

1. GOP lawmakers try to limit FCC’s ability to help consumers, Ars Technica, April 11, 2016

2. H.R. 2666 - No Rate Regulation of Broadband Internet Access Act, Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget, April 12, 2016

PAID FOR BY DEMAND PROGRESS (DemandProgress.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. Join our online community on Facebook or Twitter.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth