Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Fans at DC Show Were WEIRD
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2006, 07:03 PM   #21
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
damn, that was funny
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:27 PM   #22
mattt74
empty page

mattt74 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Dan, okay i'm fucking old and this link really hits me in a tender spot. what can i listen to or for fuck sake what website can i peruse that makes me seem truly hip...not pitchfork hip but come, on "24 year old the world is my oyster" fucking hip. growing old is weird dan, and i'm trying to just stay in tune, because the YOUTH of the world really are in tune to what is worthy...love me, teach me. really, what can i listen to that doesn't make me SEEM like a pitchfork jerkoff WEIRDO?? love, mattt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Never said he wasn't talented. I don't really have an opinion on his music either way. Not meaning to rip on anybody-- I don't know why, but hearing conversations like that outloud are just kind of amusing to me, and it reminded me of one part of this short in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LR2fRIt1lc

Not hatin',

Dan
mattt74 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:38 PM   #23
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
haha, i'm not saying anything about your age or what you listen to. if sufjan stevens was my favorite musician in the world, I'd still think it's funny when people talk about him in public. i'll never understand why, but i'm pretty sure for all eternity or however long he stays popular, whenever i hear someone say "how 'bout that new sufjan album-- montana!" i'm going to giggle inside like a child. i guess when somebody gets talked about enough and the exchanges all sort of start to run together it's kind of funny.

and hey, even if i was trying to be judgmental about your taste in music, i wouldn't have a case, because i think i heard you mention gastr del sol somewhere along the line. keep spinning crookt, crackt or fly, and don't let the twenty-somethings get you down.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 11:17 PM   #24
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Eh, DC people are fucking nuts, form my experience. You have to expect weird behavior from them. The same thing goes for other cities as well. Every city has their share of cooky local characters. Boston has some doozies and so does LA, NY, etc.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 11:47 PM   #25
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt74
Dan, okay i'm fucking old and this link really hits me in a tender spot. what can i listen to or for fuck sake what website can i peruse that makes me seem truly hip...not pitchfork hip but come, on "24 year old the world is my oyster" fucking hip. growing old is weird dan, and i'm trying to just stay in tune, because the YOUTH of the world really are in tune to what is worthy...love me, teach me. really, what can i listen to that doesn't make me SEEM like a pitchfork jerkoff WEIRDO?? love, mattt
"Hip" is relative to who you're being judged by. If you're at a Sonic Youth concert, chances are Sufjan isn't hip. But in general, way more people my age like him than SY. Worrying about being hip just makes you put down CDs you'd really like. Don't pass him up if you like him, it ruins the point of music. I listen to plenty of conflicting bands that would be shunned by eachother's fans. It's all good. I'm positive that I'm more content rolling my eyes at their definition of hip than they are trying to make me feel musically incompetent. I like my music, and that's what I go by.

And I kind of feel the same way about how people act at a concert. People go to have fun. It's not my place to dictate how they should act just because I don't like it. You wanna stand there like you're about to fall asleep, do it. You wanna stage dive, do it. (Just don't expect me to catch you.) Whatever you feel from the music. That's what it's about.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2006, 06:20 AM   #26
follow.blind
bad moon rising

follow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's asses
Oh...funny posts...I've never seen SY live but I guess that I need some kind of recipe first..."How to act REALLY COOOL at SY show"
I'm not good at jumping inside the wildest crowd.I rather stand out of the epicenter - but I feel that it's not good support for the band. (These calm listeners - always stepping in the corner of the club - irritate me aswell - just look at them - they try to look like...umm..."Mr.Art itself" - I have the same problem and I don't want to be like them...) :-)
follow.blind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2006, 11:04 AM   #27
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I was up near the front for the 2nd show and was pretty shocked when I turned around and the DC crowd was actually jumping around and moving!! I thought there was some unnecessary crowd surfing and moshing for one of the slower songs after Pattern Recognition and but all in all, I was glad to see all that energy up there! I'm pretty sure the band got a kick out of it. Thurston seemed to enjoy the brief moment with that guy who got on stage and was in his face before he stage dived.
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2006, 11:09 AM   #28
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Awww, Pattern Recognition, Eric's Trip, Brother James-- lordy, what else did I miss.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2006, 02:00 PM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^I think that's about it....nothing really out of the ordinary.
Old 06.18.2006, 04:28 PM   #30
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
yea, i was at the second show, i admit i was having a little too much fun
charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 04:48 PM   #31
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Bitch bitch moan.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth