Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Are Sonic Youth your very favourite band?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Tell all...
Yes they are - no-one else compares 43 47.78%
They are my joint favourite with this band who I'll tell you about... 14 15.56%
They are my joint favourite with these bands who I'll tell you about... 15 16.67%
I prefer another band to Sonic Youth, let me tell you... 3 3.33%
I prefer these other bands to Sonic Youth, let me tell you... 2 2.22%
I don't have a ranking system! 13 14.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.15.2006, 07:12 AM   #41
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth, The Smashing Pumpkins and System of a Down are my joint favourites, followed closely by bands like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, RHCP and My Chemical Romance (lol), I dunno sometimes its really difficult, depends what mood im in!
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 10:35 AM   #42
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby
yeah no doubt!!!

there are 2 bands that i love equally, but both are broken up... the sonora pine + slint...

make that a third... fridge is right up there to!
hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 11:01 AM   #43
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Without a shadow of a doubt SY are my favourite band... and have been for a very, very, long time, which is a little scary... especially for my loved one, family and friends.

I do however, listen to a lot of other bands as well.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 12:07 PM   #44
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
since i 1999 i have been a hardcore sonic youth fan to the point of crushing obsession.. i've been a bit distracted by the underground/noise scene recently but I keep coming back to the Youth.. Rather Ripped took quite a few listens for me to dig it but I think this is cuz i have mainly been listening to solo noise lately eg. diskaholics, four guitars, lee ranaldo, as well as stuff like wolf eyes, whitehouse, double leopards... i had forgotten about structured songs... but the new record has reignited my love of old school sonic youth again and i feel particularly teenage right now.. teenage obsession... extreme teenager.. romantic.. dangerous... volatile...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 12:55 PM   #45
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
they're my favorite band, no other can equals them

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 01:10 PM   #46
LNC
little trouble girl

LNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's assesLNC kicks all y'all's asses
SY, of course... That remains, everything else changes. Now I listening Trail of dead a lot. they are good!
Old 04.15.2006, 01:56 PM   #47
trainyard bliss
little trouble girl

trainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard sucka
sonic youth was my only favorite band for about a year and a half. close behind were bands like my bloody valentine, dilute, fennesz, tortoise, sparklehorse, the flaming lips, deerhoof, and yo la tengo. then in the past two weeks i've been listening to a lot more of the flaming lips and some of their earlier records, learning more about why they do what they do and what they represent . . . and then i heard zaireeka. it's a four disc album where you play each disc at once from four stereos. not only that, it's like an experimental music kit as they encourage you to mess around with the sound characteristics of the stereos you use for each disc, which discs you play, how many you play, where you position the stereos, playing in synch or out of synch, and basically anything you can think of. anyway, it was basically the greatest thing i've ever experienced. i was shaking the whole time. the flaming lips have joined sonic youth as my favorite bands.
trainyard bliss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 05:24 PM   #48
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I love Mudhoney and Sonic Youth equally .... but i dont have a ranking
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 05:35 PM   #49
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth are definately my favourite band, thay have been for 4 years now. im also very very in Elliott Smith but sonic youth are definately on the number 1 spot.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:46 PM   #50
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I'd hesitate to call them my favorite band, but they certainly copmpete for it. And I'd have to put them into my top 5. They are easily the most diverse and impressive. So yeah, in a certain way they are my favorite.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 10:22 PM   #51
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
SYare the only band I will drop everything to see, every time they come to my town, for as long as they are together. But I don't listen to them that much otherwise, unless it's after a new record has come out. My other favorites at the moment are Animal Collective, Deerhoof, Black Keys, Godspeed, Mogwai, Neutral Milk Hotel, etc. Then there's the dinosaur bands like Sabbath, Stones, Dylan, that deserve a place too. So yeah, I voted that I don't have a ranking system.
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth