Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page SeBADoh Reunion Tour Dates Announced !!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.23.2006, 03:02 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
02/26 San Diego Casbah
02/27 Costa Mesa Detroit Bar
02/28 San Fran GAMH/ Noisepop
03/02 Portland Berbatis Pan
03/03 Vancouver Richards
03/04 Seattle Neumos
03/06 Eugene WOW Hall
03/08 Santa Cruz The Attic
03/09 Los Angeles Troubadour
03/10 Los Angeles Spaceland
03/15 Phoenix Clubhouse
03/16 Albuquerque Launchpad
03/17 Boulder Fox Theater
03/19 Minneapolis 400 Bar
03/20 Milwaukee Shank Hall
03/21 Chicago Metro
03/22 Detroit Magic Stick
03/23 Toronto Lees Palace
03/24 Montreal La Sala Rossa
03/29 Northampton Pearl St
03/30 Boston Paradise
03/31 New York Webster Hall
04/03 DC 9:30 Club
04/04 Carrboro Cats Cradle
04/06 Louisville Headliners
04/07 Nashville Exit In
04/08 Atlanta Variety Playhouse
04/09 Tallahassee Beta Bar
04/10 Orlando The Social
04/12 New Orleans TBA
04/13 Houston Walters on Washington
04/14 Austin Emos
04/16 Tucson Club Congress

Can't hardly wait.First got to see dino jr live now sebadoh.Its going to be all original members: Lou Barlow, Eric Gaffney and Jason Lowenstein. I'll definetly be at the northhampton and boston show.I wonder what albums they'll focus their shows on?

Also, whats everyone's favorites sebadoh record on here? I would love to hear a lot of stuff from III and Bakesale live.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:06 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
DAMNIT. this is the closest show to my town, but Im assuming that it's a 18 and up show because it's at a bar
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:10 PM   #3
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
I wonder what albums they'll focus their shows on?

Pretty obviously the ones Eric played on III, Bubble and Scrape and probably a few songs from their other releases but I would expect those 2 albums to make up the bulk of the set list.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:15 PM   #4
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
Pretty obviously the ones Eric played on III, Bubble and Scrape and probably a few songs from their other releases but I would expect those 2 albums to make up the bulk of the set list.

well not neccesarily, look at the dino jr reunion tour. They did the wagon, out there and feel the pain live.All songs after lou left the band.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:31 PM   #5
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite Sebadoh records are by far the first two. Once they became an official "band" I don't mind them, but I'm just not anywhere near as blown away as by those old crazy 4-track experiments.

I saw Eric Gaffney in his pretentiously titled "Fields of Gaffney" band about a year ago and was quite the opposite of impressed. He was opening for the Sun City Girls and No Neck Blues Band, so it was certainly an odd place for him to be. In addition to playing very mediocre Sebadohish songs, he kept introducing them by indie-name dropping, "We played this one on tour with Firehose..." or even worse, "This one originally came out on cassette..."
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:32 PM   #6
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Dead-Air]My favorite Sebadoh records are by far the first two. Once they became an official "band" I don't mind them, but I'm just not anywhere near as blown away as by those old crazy 4-track experiments.

Iquote]
Exactly.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 03:42 PM   #7
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
well not neccesarily, look at the dino jr reunion tour. They did the wagon, out there and feel the pain live.All songs after lou left the band.

The Wagon came after they had played alot of shows together and out there and feel the pain have only just made an appearance after over a year of them touring. Eric is abit of a dick so I doubt he will want to play the other stuff. The fact that it says classic line up on their website to me says that they're just gonna play Eric era stuff. To me this is a good thing, Bakesale and Harmacy have their moments but the earlier stuff was more superior.
Old 12.23.2006, 03:51 PM   #8
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
rob (instigator) is going to flip when he finds out that they are coming to houston hahah
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 04:19 PM   #9
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Sebadoh back in the day, and there are few other shows that combine a smug audience-loathing stage demeanor with utter musical mediocrity that stick out in my mind like that one.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 05:56 PM   #10
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
02/26 San Diego Casbah
02/27 Costa Mesa Detroit Bar
02/28 San Fran GAMH/ Noisepop
03/02 Portland Berbatis Pan
03/03 Vancouver Richards
03/04 Seattle Neumos
03/06 Eugene WOW Hall
03/08 Santa Cruz The Attic
03/09 Los Angeles Troubadour
03/10 Los Angeles Spaceland
03/15 Phoenix Clubhouse
03/16 Albuquerque Launchpad
03/17 Boulder Fox Theater
03/19 Minneapolis 400 Bar
03/20 Milwaukee Shank Hall
03/21 Chicago Metro
03/22 Detroit Magic Stick
03/23 Toronto Lees Palace
03/24 Montreal La Sala Rossa
03/29 Northampton Pearl St
03/30 Boston Paradise
03/31 New York Webster Hall
04/03 DC 9:30 Club
04/04 Carrboro Cats Cradle
04/06 Louisville Headliners
04/07 Nashville Exit In
04/08 Atlanta Variety Playhouse
04/10 Orlando The Social
04/12 New Orleans TBA
04/13 Houston Walters on Washington
04/14 Austin Emos
04/16 Tucson Club Congress

Can't hardly wait.First got to see dino jr live now sebadoh.Its going to be all original members: Lou Barlow, Eric Gaffney and Jason Lowenstein. I'll definetly be at the northhampton and boston show.I wonder what albums they'll focus their shows on?

Also, whats everyone's favorites sebadoh record on here? I would love to hear a lot of stuff from III and Bakesale live.

I'll definitly try my best to go to the 4/08 / Atlanta / Variety Playhouse show, I saw Dino Jr. around that time this year, going on last year, so it would be a thrill to see Sebadoh a year later after seeing Dino Jr. & I'll be honest in admitting, I've only heard "III", but that doesn't exclude how much I appreciate this band.

Thanks for posting!
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2006, 09:10 PM   #11
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
All I know by them is Sebadoh III, which is really killer, and I'd love to see em live, but Lee's is 19+
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 06:43 AM   #12
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i liked them up until bakesale but after that i lost touch.

i hope they are a three piece again for this tour. i may go see them if they are around europe.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 06:52 AM   #13
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I saw Sebadoh back in the day, and there are few other shows that combine a smug audience-loathing stage demeanor with utter musical mediocrity that stick out in my mind like that one.

Couldn't have put it better.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 07:02 AM   #14
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
thank you buddy
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2006, 01:50 PM   #15
pulsar
little trouble girl

pulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant future
Back and forth. I don't see a creative point in these re-unions. Neither Dinosaur Jr nor Sebadoh. It's just like the Pixies and even though f.e. J Mascis doesn't seem to be like one interested in it, but you can hardly doubt the money issues. Why oh Why?
Old 12.26.2006, 08:44 AM   #16
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar
Back and forth. I don't see a creative point in these re-unions. Neither Dinosaur Jr nor Sebadoh. It's just like the Pixies and even though f.e. J Mascis doesn't seem to be like one interested in it, but you can hardly doubt the money issues. Why oh Why?

These re-unions are essential to me. I'm 18 so I missed all these bands when they were going and fuck seeing all the shit bands that are playing now. There are hardly any bands that I like that are still going now apart from Bardo Pond, Mogwai, Dead Meadow. Then old bands that are still going like SY and the Melvins have both made pretty boring new albums.

So if Dinosaur jr or the pixies or any other bands hadn't of had a re-union I would have been pretty pissed. I understand those who saw them in their prime might see them as lame and out for money but what about the teenagers of today; who do they have to look up to.... the fucking piece of shit indie bands coming out of england or the emo scene. It's fucked up. I just pray that some day MBV, Kyuss, Butthole Surfers, Catherine Wheel, any of those bands do a re-union tour.
Old 12.26.2006, 03:09 PM   #17
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I did a little research and the Tally show is all ages.
AAHHAHAHAAH!! Im exited
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 02:18 PM   #18
pulsar
little trouble girl

pulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant futurepulsar has a brilliant future
I am not interested in seeing old people trying to reincarnate their old minds, by acting like they were young and only playing songs they wrote twenty years ago. Even though today's music scene is lacking a decent amount of creative power, I don't think it's the right answer to watch all these bands and keep struggling with them.
Seriously there are enough live recordings from the old days - audio and videowise - and honestly they just don't match those times. Even though you say "It's great seeing them live". Is it great to attend a gig, just be able to drop the band's name in your "seen live" list? It isn't and you know it.
Old 12.28.2006, 02:49 PM   #19
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I'm disagree with Pulsar 'cause when you're a young asshole like me, Sebadoh and Dino are more exciting than actual groups like Frantz Ferdinand, The Killers, Bloc Party, or other bullshit. No comparison.
I hope Sebadoh 'll come in Europe (PARIS...). I've just see Lou Barlow with Dino, short concert but very pleasant.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 03:02 PM   #20
pulsar
little trouble girl

The sad story mr. Spray is that there are only three bands in the world aside of reunion ones and those are called:

Quote:
Frantz Ferdinand, The Killers, Bloc Party

I now see your point.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth