Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Boycott The White Stripes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2007, 12:25 AM   #21
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Precisely, Norma.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 12:31 AM   #22
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Yup K-Krack I see your point. I don't blame Jack and/or Meg for getting pissed about it. HOWEVER, the BIGGER person would realize that there ARE 15,599 other people waiting for them to return. And they can't slip out on this one because most people KNOW they habitually play longer.

I mean come on; Jack didn't even acknowledge the fact that the shoe pissed him off. SAY SOMETHING TO THE FUCKING CROWD! Have some balls and stay in good graces with everybody else that's there enjoying themselves. We'll back you up and lynch the fucker that threw it if you open your mouth!

Look, they can do whatever they want obviously, but when you're as big as they are or bigger you're basically running a business. You piss off the customers and you're shooting yourself in the foot!

I can't WAIT to see what the newspaper is going to say about this tomorrow.
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 12:37 AM   #23
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Do you really figure the newspaper will care that they played an average length set? Or that the newspaper would even know that the White Stripes regularly play 2 hours sets... doubtful. If I'm wrong, you live in a pretty hip town, duder.
Plus, who knows, they could have just been really tired out, or they could've felt they weren't playing well.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 12:49 AM   #24
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Nope! Confirmed by the staff at the venue that the shoe did it! FACT!

The newspaper will definitely spew about this. In fact, I'll quote it here when I find out. If there's an incident at show no matter how small, they print it! I've seen it before.
Old 07.26.2007, 12:58 AM   #25
ahhavalon
little trouble girl

ahhavalon ain't too shabby
70 minutes is a while. I'd be satisfied.

VIRB

ASS-SPACE
ahhavalon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 01:05 AM   #26
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
boohoo you little whiny bitch....my total expenditure on my only Animal Collective show thus far was $40 for a ticket, plus $15 for transport, plus $44 for two nights in a hostel...that's $99, plus food i had to buy every meal...and Avey's voice went out after their 4th song....they kept it going though, and Panda came out for an encore...the toal show last about 50 minutes...i was heartbroken, but I didnt come bitch about it at a SY message board...and this was their first Australian show ever...

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 01:07 AM   #27
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments
I went to my first White Stripes show ever tonight in Connecticut. They've NEVER played in this state before so this was going to be an event! I had never seen them until now because I just never felt like driving out of state to catch it. They KICKED ASS! Totally hot.

Problem: The show was 70 minutes long! Every other show on this tour has been 2 hours or more! I'm out 50 bucks for this excursion and to think Jack himself exclaimed at the beginning of the show that this was their first gig in CT but they STILL cut it short. There were so many missing songs from this show it was a goddamn crime! WHY? I"ll tell you.

On my way out of the venue one of the ushers overheard my complaining and stepped in to tell me that some asshole threw a shoe at Jack and Meg at the very end (which didn't hit them BTW) and that's why they didn't come back for the final set. OK, so ONE asshole throws a shoe and you piss off 16,000 people?

If you haven't bought tickets for them on this tour but were thinking about it, think again! I thought they had a coolness about them but it's pretty obvious now that they're on a major they think their shit don't stink and they can throw a hissy fit like a 4 year old whenever they please. Good going Jack and/or Meg! Screw the people that pay your salary!

It's a goddamn good thing I only ever bought two of their discs. The other four were burns and I'm not giving them one RED dime anymore. You ROCK but FUCK YOU!

So what? I paid $15 to see SY, and they only played 90 minutes, that was DDN and an encore. Psh, what a rip-off.
Old 07.26.2007, 05:53 AM   #28
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry mate, these things happen.
Idiot in crowd tries to annoy band
Band gets frumpy and storms off.
Both at fault, but lets be honest if the whole crowd were as livid as you something will get done, if not then i imagine most people would be a little dissappointed but will look back and say "at least i saw 70 minutes".
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 08:50 AM   #29
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
hey man, i was at that connecticut show too. It was also my first time seeing the stripes live and yea I agree was kinda disapointed their set didn't go on longer. I saw people throwing shit at them towards the end but couldnt really see what it was.

Anyway, I taped the show if u want a copy
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 09:27 AM   #30
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i remember the time the mars volta had piss thrown at them.. i laughed.

I was at that show. Fucking hilarious.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 09:44 AM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have any White Stripes. If I were to get something, what would you recommend?
Old 07.26.2007, 10:03 AM   #32
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and they can throw a hissy fit like a 4 year old whenever they please.
Wow, what hypocrisy there. Seriously, kid, if you turn your back on a band because of one bum gig then you're fucked in the head. I've never heard of one band that never does a shit gig once in a while.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:15 AM   #33
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

NOT a shit gig in the least! Setlist was DEADLY! Nuggets all over the place. Sound was perfect and they rocked like SHIT! Just piss poor attitudes because of a few bad apples in the crowd. If you as a performer can't rise above the idiots you shouldn't be on a stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Wow, what hypocrisy there. Seriously, kid, if you turn your back on a band because of one bum gig then you're fucked in the head. I've never heard of one band that never does a shit gig once in a while.
Old 07.26.2007, 10:19 AM   #34
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, dude, but musicians are humans, too. And like any other human, are capable of acting selfishly when angered and frustrated. Unless you want cold, cardboard cut-outs with a running CD player on stage...
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:21 AM   #35
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
So stop complaining about the time thing, drop the subject, and just embrace the fact that you did in fact get to see them. I'm sorry they're all big-fucking-hype now and it costed a lot to see them but that's the problem with bands like them. Oh yeah, and crying about getting shoes thrown at them apparently. Boo hoo. They weren't crying when they were playing on boats and buses in canada and no one was there besides a couple of people and somehow always a pitchfork photographer.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:30 AM   #36
baby bulldog
bad moon rising

baby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's asses
Most peeps in the lot after the show had the same complaint....one more encore didn't seem like too much to ask.We get spoiled seeing bands like SY,and Dino who rock at all costs and give you yr money's worth.And it does seem rather jaded of Jack to let one ass-hat fan ruin it.
But for the length of time he's had his ass kissed by everyone in shinola this should come as no surprise.
Nontheless...dynamic,energetic rock duo who can really bring it live.
baby bulldog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:31 AM   #37
sarramkrop

If I was you, I would have been pissed off because they had played for too long.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:43 AM   #38
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
If you as a performer can't rise above the idiots you shouldn't be on a stage.

But you're not just talking about any old 'performer', you're talking about JACK WHITE, saviour of the music industry, and a true gift of God to humanity.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 10:49 AM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
OK, here is my take on it.

70 minutes is NOT LONG ENOUGH.
I get outrageously upset when a band I love plays such a short show when they are the headliners.
Bruce Springsteen will play 3-4 hour shows.
I have seen 2 hour sonic youth shows
I have seen many 3 hour Phish shows
The White Stripes have enough killer material for 2 hours.

HOWEVER

you do not know if they were ill that night, or if there were circumstances beyond their control. The story you heard was second-hand, and may be totally false.

I understand your anger though. I too feel cheated when a band play such a short set.
Old 07.26.2007, 10:55 AM   #40
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
It sucks, but why don't you complain in their forum. But anyways, the more you rant about them makes me want to see them, just to spite you. But I won't do that cause I heard they suck live, so I rather just listen to the albums.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth