Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The world has ended...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.28.2007, 07:40 AM   #1
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
"An hour later they were on the road. He pushed the cart and both he and the boy carried knapsacks. In the knapsacks were essential things. In case they had to abandon the cart and make a run for it. Clamped to the handle of the cart was a chrome motorcycle mirror that he used to watch the road behind them. He shifted the pack higher on his shoulders and looked out over the wasted country. The road was empty. Below in the little valley the still gray serpentine of a river. Motionless and precise. Along the shore a burden of dead reeds. Are you okay? he said. The boy nodded. Then they set out along the blacktop in the gunmetal light, shuffling through the ash, each the other's world entire."

Excerpt from Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

read if you are a fan of post apocalyptic fiction, horror and humanity.
Old 09.28.2007, 07:44 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
read if you are a fan of post apocalyptic fiction, horror and humanity.

what about just two out of the three?

sounds good to me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 08:03 AM   #3
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
It has some elements which may be horrifying, so be prepared. The best way in which this book has been described, that I like, is that it showcases both the heights that humanity can ascend and the depths it can plunge itself into... Read it...
Old 09.28.2007, 08:39 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'll get it first chance. I've been looking for some post apocalyptic loving, so it sounds good to me.

when I was 13 I used to hope and pray that the world would turn out like Mad Max soon (not much has changed).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 01:34 PM   #5
alyasa
invito al cielo

This is Mad Max meets Empire of the Sun meets I Am Legend meets Apocalypto.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth