View Poll Results: Wrong or Right?
Israel 13 22.81%
The rest of the middle east 9 15.79%
None. They should all find a way of living together peacefully 35 61.40%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.13.2006, 03:00 PM   #21
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Even though the rest of the middle east already preemptively attacked Israel, and Israel won, I think they should live together peacefully. The governments and militaries suck, but that's no reason to take it out on any of the citizens.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 03:03 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Israeli gunships hit fuel tank at Beirut airport

• Israel strikes Beirut airport, hitting fuel tank
• IDF: Rockets hit Haifa; Hezbollah denies attack
• Israeli ambassador: Haifa attack "major escalation"
• Hezbollah launches scores of rockets into Israel
• Israel, Lebanon officials say violence amounts to "acts of war"
• Al-Arabiya: Israeli leaflets warn to stay away from Hezbollah centers
Old 07.13.2006, 03:09 PM   #23
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and damn, soldiers exist for two purposes and two purposes only. to KILL the enemy and die trying or to DIE defending atatcks from an enemy.

preznit bush dodged military service rather than give the "ultimate sacrifice" as he so likes to put it. so did Clinton. John Kerry, the only person running for president in the last 10 years that has actual military service, was laughed at for his anti war stance. now, who is better to tell you that war sucks? a soldier that has seen it and killed and seen his friends die trying to kill.

yet we laughed at hima nd elected a puppet of fat fucks.

Can`t we let US politics out of this and stick to the debate over the Israeli-Lebanse/Palestine conflict?
Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 03:15 PM   #24
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
the israeli government is out of control in general. the majority of israeli citizens have plenty of contempt for the actions of their government as they know that such actions do nothing but further endanger their lives.

america's decision to start a war with afghanistan because a terrorist organization has bases there has opened up a nasty can of worms. now any nation can use that conflict as an example of how terrorism is supposed to be combatted.

while the rest of the world can come out strongly against the disproportionate actions of the israeli government and the IDF, america (not that they'd say anything anyway, for some ludicrous reason...) can't say anything without looking entirely hypocritical.

why america ever supported the possibility for a country the size of new jersey to have the fourth largest army in the world as well as nuclear arms is a mystery to me. i'd love to see how much more willing to be a partner in peace israel would be if they had a military the size of lebanon or syria...
I'm utterly appaled about what you have just posted.But since this is not actual political militance but some vaguely and possibly simplistic political stance and music forum,i suppose you are totally right.Some people just revel in the total irrelevance of their own statements.Others fight the war with both mind and body.I know who i'd take position with.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 03:25 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Batiasn, it is all relevant. the people in power i the US as of this second are firm believers in the armageddon theory of fundamentalist christians. the truly believe that the world is coming to and end and SOON and that it will all be precipitated by Israel, which is why they ahve such a vested interest in maintaining the existance of Israel. according to the new testament, the way these fundamentalists read revelations, they believe that the Jews have to have a state before the armagedon can begin. The y have had a state now for over 50 years. these people are INSANE.
they have no need to better tomorrow because in their hearts and minds tomorrow will never come. they want their goodies NOW

it is highly relevant to the ongoing conflict in israel/Gaza/Lebanon.
Old 07.13.2006, 03:26 PM   #26
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Incidentally has anyone on here been an actually waged anti-capitalism party member?

Old 07.13.2006, 03:30 PM   #27
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Batiasn, it is all relevant. the people in power i the US as of this second are firm believers in the armageddon theory of fundamentalist christians. the truly believe that the world is coming to and end and SOON and that it will all be precipitated by Israel, which is why they ahve such a vested interest in maintaining the existance of Israel. according to the new testament, the way these fundamentalists read revelations, they believe that the Jews have to have a state before the armagedon can begin. The y have had a state now for over 50 years. these people are INSANE.
they have no need to better tomorrow because in their hearts and minds tomorrow will never come. they want their goodies NOW

it is highly relevant to the ongoing conflict in israel/Gaza/Lebanon.
Let's not do the 'whatever chabib posts is gold' sort of arselicking thing there.It just kills off more on the ball discussion.It goes nowhere round these parts.

Old 07.13.2006, 03:47 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Incidentally has anyone on here been an actually waged anti-capitalism party member?

I've been involved in several leftist groups, some more militant (ie violent idiots) than others. Never waged, just a lot of angry rhetoric. I've been stuck in an ideological hinterland as a result, and by consequence, I generally refuse to open the can of worms marked 'Isreal', especially as I know plenty of people who give entirely different renditions of the conflict thanks to their direct experience on kibbitz and in the Isreali army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 03:54 PM   #29
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I`m leaning to the left and anti-capitalism, though not active in any groups (yet).
I`m also very critical of/opposed to many positions that are considered "left".

I think a leftist group that I can relate to should be consent to this:
http://www.eustonmanifesto.org/
Old 07.13.2006, 03:56 PM   #30
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
For every person who bashes capitalism, I will get Leeds Mattresses to match any advertised price, or my mattress is free. Jerks.
Old 07.13.2006, 03:57 PM   #31
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian
I`m leaning to the left and anti-capitalism, though not active in any groups (yet).
I`m also very critical of/opposed to many positions that are considered "left".

I think a leftist group that I can relate to should be consent to this:
http://www.eustonmanifesto.org/
The left or right political orientations are something someone out there is trying to prove very,very misleading.

Old 07.13.2006, 03:58 PM   #32
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
For every person who bashes capitalism, I will get Leeds Mattresses to match any advertised price, or my mattress is free. Jerks.
Simplified statement.Spotted.

Old 07.13.2006, 04:11 PM   #33
Bastian
bad moon rising

Quote:
The left or right political orientations are something someone out there is trying to prove very,very misleading.

Well, not sure if I understand you correctly..

I don`t really care much about the label "left" or "right", I rather try to judge a position by what it`s actual about, not what political spectrum it is attributed to.

The whole left/right dichtomy is pretty messed up anyways.
Political groups/position within the left are sometimes totally oppositional to each other. Same goes for parties of the so-called center or right, I guess.

I`ve been called "left-wing radical" by "conservative" folks as I`ve been called neocon by "leftwing" folks, as I`m very opposed to the anti-imperialist left (and right.. anti-imperialsm is very alive in neo nazi groups)... stupid "identy" clashes..
Old 07.13.2006, 04:40 PM   #34
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Live together peacefully....it's the 21st Century for fucks sake. Fuck the bullshit.
Old 07.13.2006, 04:40 PM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

porkmarrass

I was talking to bastian about my previous statements re: preznit Bush and american politics, not referring to chabib or you. so chills man.

I know there's an elton john record somewhere you have not bought yet!
Old 07.13.2006, 05:13 PM   #36
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
Hezbullah is a member of the governing coalition of Lebanon. Which is why Israel is holding Lebanon responsible for the actions of Hezbullah and is considering Hezbullah's actions as an act of war. Acting as a state within a state isn't going to give Hezbullah any cover when it comes to Israeli retaliation. And the Lebanese as a whole will suffer the consequences of allowing Hezbullah to behave as if it were a state within a state.

But the real power pulling the strings here is Iran which controls Hezbullah (Interesting to note that Syria and Iran recently signed defence treaty). And if those 2 captured soldiers are ever transfered to Iran, well your guess is as good as mine.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 06:16 PM   #37
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with Russia and France that Israel's reaction seems a bit over the top relative to what intiated everything in this latest round of violence, while at the same time can understand their anger in saying enough and want to bulldoze hezbollah and hamas. its crazy. we're all caught up in the middle of right wing, take humanity backwards, brutal wars.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 07:37 PM   #38
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian
Well, not sure if I understand you correctly..

I don`t really care much about the label "left" or "right", I rather try to judge a position by what it`s actual about, not what political spectrum it is attributed to.

The whole left/right dichtomy is pretty messed up anyways.
Political groups/position within the left are sometimes totally oppositional to each other. Same goes for parties of the so-called center or right, I guess.

I`ve been called "left-wing radical" by "conservative" folks as I`ve been called neocon by "leftwing" folks, as I`m very opposed to the anti-imperialist left (and right.. anti-imperial
sm is very alive in neo nazi groups)... stupid "identy" clashes..
Like people didn't get there before you did.

Old 07.13.2006, 07:38 PM   #39
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Shame.

Old 07.13.2006, 07:54 PM   #40
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

If you're too scared to pick a side, you're obviously a very weak and indecisive person. People of worthwhile opinions group themselves with other people of similar or not-so-similar-but-somehow-linked opinions. That's how real men roll. And politically empowered women.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth